1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

First Muppet movie TV commercial on the Disney Channel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Psammeadboi, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

It seems like Disney has found their audience as evident by the number of Muppet related advertisements associated with P&F. :)
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i saw the piggy installment after so random at 7 amazing disney i anoyyed my bro by playing it over and over
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I like how Disney's rebranding the international name as JUST The Muppets. I never quite cared much for some of the international names they used for them.

And we really got some choice sequences in that commercial. Gassy shoes or not. Love the bit with the Mayhem getting pulled off stage.
  6. Oscarfan

I think the Mayhem part if when they're getting the gang back together.
  7. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

I have to admit, the voices kind of surprised me, but there were some new sequences in there that I absolutely love. Anyone have a rough translation of what the narrator was saying in the beginning with the count down?
  8. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

I think it's along the lines of "What's green, and yellow, and orange [...] and has a bear, a pig, a frog [...]" lol.
  9. jacobsnchz

jacobsnchz Active Member

Just had a spaz attack watching a recreation of The Muppet Show opening!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!
  10. Drtooth

Someone actually reported the TV commercial version before, and basically this commercial is the Brazilian translation... so basically, as stated before, the commercial is more like:

Except for the Fozzie thing, I'd wager this is exactly the same ad. Only, of course, in Brazilian Portuguese. I hope that the TV spots can pop up on their official YT channels.
  11. Oscarfan

The Fozzie thing was in there.
  12. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

13. Drtooth

[​IMG]

So it was.... I literally must've blinked and missed it.

Still... you gotta wonder what the heck's going on here. Almost seems like that old bit where someone's on top of someone's shoulders in a suit.
  14. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that's it. Maybe the gang were unable to get into Piggy's building, and had to put on a disguise to get past security? We'll have to wait and see. But this would explain why Fozzie wears a hat and false moustache in the footage from this scene that wound up in the theatrical trailers.

Slightly off topic, but that office reminds me of Lady Holiday's office from GMC.
  15. Drtooth

The televised version of the movie commercial is starting to play in Disney Stores. Just thought you may like to know that.
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hopefully we'll have at least a few Muppet things in Disney store by next month.

Great commercial, so glad they're marketing this to the international crowd. The timing of the vocal dubs could be better, but I understand why they dub it the way they do

And yeah, holy mole Thog looks like he grew. He's like as tall as a 1 story building almost and makes Sweetums look like Robin