For tho's who STILL love VHS

Luke

Reaction score
DVD Recorders are great but you have to watch the pixelation and any encoding problems before you throw the VHS master tapes away!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I just meant to record off television. Like the kind that has memory storage and not just Recordable disk. But yeah, I see what you mean. You don't just want to through the master tapes out. But they would come in handy if you had more VHS tapes then you had room for.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, records were still a lot more common in the eighties and cassettes were starting to take their place as starting to fade out in the nineties.
I would say records were phased out from regular department stores...probably around 1988/89. I can remember certain stores selling vinyl, cd, and cassettes.

I owned the second Muppet Show LP, but unfortunately I wore it out!

I can remember one time, when I was a little pipsqueak in the early 80s, going to Caldor with my dad, and holding in my hands the very first Muppet Show album! In fact, I think I had even "hidden" it in a different section of the record department the week before, because there was only one copy left. I figured if I mixed it in with the rock LPs, no one would be the wiser.

Sure enough, the album was exactly where I put it when I went back to the store. Sadly, another album caught my eye...I think it was Let It Be. My dad said I could only choose one. The Beatles won out, I put the Muppets back, and the next time I went to the store, it was gone!

To this day, I have never heard the first Muppet Show album.:cry:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's interesting. But, yeah, around 87/88 is around the time cd's were just starting to become a popular format.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just hope DVDs become easier to record on, it still feels like such a chore (which is why I still love VHS). Plus, they are insanely expensive.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, I don't know it well have to worry about that for too much longer, because pretty soon every form of media will pretty much all be legally downloaded.:smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another problem is that NOW DVD is slowly starting to be phased out what with these new fangled gadgets known as "HD-DVD" and "Blu-Ray".

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hd DVD and Blu-ray don't matter... DVD's will be phased out completely in the next 5 years, when everything willl be done with Computers. Apple rushed the process with video I-pods, and movies you can download from the internet.

Besides, Hd- and Blu ray aren't doing so well at the moment.

Why the heck would anyone want to watch a high definition version of Norbit anyway? ya wanna see the faom th fat suit was made of or somethin?

The only VHS I buy now are either not available on DVD or ever will be, or bootlegs taped off of Japanese Television (which I can't buy anymore anyway, since the one place that actually sold them is out of business).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You kow whats funny? last year, one of my teachers said in 5 years we wont have dvds anymore. And with the release of blu-ray, he might be right. Still, even though VHS tapes are pretty much extinct now, they do make dvd/vhs players. I have one (although, all my tapes were stolen exept for matilda, pinochio and school house rock when we moved but dvds were fine. Go figure.).

Oh, and Can someone please explain to me what blu-ray is?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's just another format to watch movie that Sony made on there own. I hope that explains it.:smirk:

We have on of those DVD/VSH played, too.