For tho's who STILL love VHS

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From what things are sounding like, maybe DVD WILL be obsolete in five years or so... if that's the case, I better grab all of the DVDs I can.

Boy, I wonder how That Announcer's going to take this.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I never heard of "Beta VHS"...
BETAs were the early competitor of the VHS. VHS won in the end, partially because they could hold more material. But BETA is said to have better picture quality.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BETAs were the early competitor of the VHS. VHS won in the end, partially because they could hold more material. But BETA is said to have better picture quality.
Hmm, that's interesting.

G-MAN

Reaction score
My Grandpa was one of the few people that believed that Beta would beat out VHS and he bought a Beta Player, so sadly some of my Fraggle Rock episodes are on the Beta format.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My Grandpa was one of the few people that believed that Beta would beat out VHS and he bought a Beta Player, so sadly some of my Fraggle Rock episodes are on the Beta format.
Aw, that's a shame.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, relax. DVDs will still be here for a very long time to come. Woo-hoo!:excited:

lael

Reaction score
If anything, DVD's will become low end antiques, becuase they are rather plentiful.
But, Ilikeuppets & so should you. . . recommend relaxing to everyone then?

Blue Ray is just another type of DVD. just like Beta was another form of VHS. Beta never really did catch on to well in my demographic area.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Blue Ray is just another type of DVD. just like Beta was another form of VHS. Beta never really did catch on to well in my demographic area.
Nor mine. I don't remember anyone owning a Beta player.

And as Ilikemuppets said, DVDs will be around for a long time to come.