Found new stuff in The Great Muppet Caper

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, in most cases, if not all, there's somebody driving from the back of the car.
I wonder how they get that to work? Are they watching a hidden camera in the car or something like that? Either way they did it, they made it work wonderfully :smile: But of course it would have been way too difficult for Miss Piggy's motorcycle stunts. Plus the stunt lady wearing the Miss Piggy mask was more skinny and fit then Piggy is of course. lol I hope I don't get a karate chop for that remark. lol :mad:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I wonder how they get that to work? Are they watching a hidden camera in the car or something like that? Either way they did it, they made it work wonderfully :smile: But of course it would have been way too difficult for Miss Piggy's motorcycle stunts. Plus the stunt lady wearing the Miss Piggy mask was more skinny and fit then Piggy is of course. lol I hope I don't get a karate chop for that remark. lol :mad:
Yeah, I'm assuming the drivers have some sort of camera or monitor to look through.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to get too off subject but I remember hearing the S word in the rap song on the Good Burger sound track and in the movie someone told Ed "I'll see you in H**l!" God I miss Kenan & Kel. :smile:
And, let us not forget, the hilarious moment where Abe Vigoda proclaims, "Do you think you can get me to a hospital? I think I broke my @ $ $!"

snichols1973

Reaction score
When I had the VHS version years ago, I always thought that was the Muppet Show backstage cat. Oh what's his or her name, the kitty with the eye patch. Kathryn Mullen performed the character. Usually I don't necessary like to call a Muppet cute in a positive fashion, not even Bean Bunny. But that cat and Bagoony of Fraggle Rock, I can totally say their cute is a positive fashion :smile:
Gaffer is the name of the cat that wears an eye patch.

snichols1973

Reaction score
.Is H.M. Prision a refference to something?

I believe the H.M. stands for "Her Majesty's" (Queen Elizabeth II), meaning that the prison is under the Queen's administrative jurisdiction.

If the next reigning monarch is a king, "H.M." would carry the alternate designation of "His Majesty's"....

mupcollector1

Reaction score
And, let us not forget, the hilarious moment where Abe Vigoda proclaims, "Do you think you can get me to a hospital? I think I broke my @ $ $!"
Ah yes, the glory days when Jim Carrrey was good. 1990s, my generation :smile: I miss it so much. lol

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Gaffer is the name of the cat that wears an eye patch.
Gaffer, I got to remember that. Such a cute kitty. :smile: And pretty realistic looking for a Muppet. lol

I remember there was one episode where Jerry Nelson was Gaffer and he or she walks up to Sam the Eagle and has a weird meow "Prawl?", Sam looks at Gaffer "Disgusting!" lol I still laugh at that to this day. What episode was that from?

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I believe the H.M. stands for "Her Majesty's" (Queen Elizabeth II), meaning that the prison is under the Queen's administrative jurisdiction.

If the next reigning monarch is a king, "H.M." would carry the alternate designation of "His Majesty's"....
Oh yeah, that's right they were all in London in the movie. It's amazing how if it wasn't for Britian and Lew Grade, The Muppet Show wouldn't have existed. So did he own The Muppet Show, the two Muppet Movies and Dark Crystal for awhile and then his company got bankrupted or closed down and Jim bought the rights or something like that? I read about that somewhere. I think Henson's Place is the only time I ever seen footage of him. Maybe Muppets & Men (Disney just has to release that on one of the future DVD sets, whenever they come out).

I was watching some of Andy Sue Pig from Season 3 and speaking of The Queen, Louise Gold would later perform the puppet of The Queen for the first season and on and off the next two on Spitting Image (awesome show). I think one of the Muppet Show directors worked that show and I've read they filmed the show in the exact studio The Muppet Show was filmed :smile:

Anyway back to Caper. Like I mentioned, the first two Muppet movies were so fast pace comedy like how Mel Brooks was and the Zucker Bros. I love films like that. Esspecially how there's so many jokes to catch, some in the dialog, some visual in the background and some odvious. lol I love the scene where in "Dancing out with a star" where Kermit is dancing and then his shadow takes over and Kermit looks at the camera confused. lol

And even how this movie and the special Muppets Go To The Movies (which was a promotional tv special to promote the film) was just a great ending to The Muppet Show series.

Remember Oscar the Grouch meeting the trucker "What are you doing here?" "A very breif cameo" "me too." lol
But it's kind of sad in a way that just how all of Jim Henson's creations are all split up into 3 different companies. That's probably why it's so hard to re-release Muppet Family Christmas as well as a good precentage of the songs being cut out". It was always fun to see the little cross-overs, The Sesame Muppets were in all three movies. Even Traveling Matt and Sprocket was in Manhattan. Well okay, Sprocket was in Christmas Carol as well before I forget. lol

snichols1973

Reaction score
During the big robbery scene with Nicky and the ex-models, while the rest of the Muppets are playing "keep-away" with the Baseball Diamond, Scooter is dressed up as a snack vendor, and he turns to Camilla and says "Popcorn, chicken?"

I also noticed at the end that Peter Falk's name was omitted from the "special guest stars" list.

When the end credits roll, Louis Kazagger (the Muppet sportscaster) was omitted from the list of Jerry Nelson characters, even though he has a substantial amount of dialogue covering the play-by-play action from the Mallory Gallery....

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I noticed that as well. I'm guessing Peter came in at the last minute. Maybe the same for Louis.