Fozzie Thread

banAndi

Reaction score
I agree. It never says ANYWHERE Fozzie is Kermit's best friend!! You shouldn't assume things! Besides, if you factor in the Muppet Show, he's pretty main in that.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Lots of other sites and pages about the muppets say that Kermit and Fozzie are best friends. Now, it's like, under Fozzie, he says Kermit, but under Kermit, we get Miss Piggy, Fozzie, AND Gonzo, or something like that. It is never mentioned in the movies, but, can't you just tell?!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, wacka I see you wern't to be undone by my Camilla thread!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
What are you talking about?????????? Of course Kermit and Fozzie are best friends! Frank Oz has said so himself! He wants the next Muppet movie to be a buddy film between Kermit and Fozzie! Did you ever watch the Muppet show or the Muppet movies???????? Fozzie and Kermit were inseperable in TGMC! Also in TMM! It's just been lacking in recent years. And then in IAVMMCM, Fozzie takes the money to the bank because Kermit is his friend! That's why he feels so let down!!!!!!! Bring back Fozzie!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I just get upset about those sort of things.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Thanks for verifing that for me Super Scooter. I knew that they were! lol, Of course, just because Jim Henson said so himself, doesn't mean that they STILL are. But I think that Fozzie and Kermit have a special bond that would be terrible to let go of, so they'd NEVER stop being best friends.
Oh, also, about the fact the fact that Fozzie has never been the main character in any muppet movie, I mean, THE main character.
FTB- wasn't in, it was Big Bird
TMM- it was Kermit
MTM- Kermit or Miss Piggy
TGMC- Kermit
MTI- the boy, but either Kermit, Gonzo, or Miss Piggy
MCC- Scrooge, but it was Kermit or maybe Gonzo
MFS- Gonzo
EIG- Elmo, Fozzie wasn't in it
Notice that Gonzo is mentioned in three of these, possibly being the main character. But, do you see Fozzie's name at all?
I would have to agree that Fozzie's parts in TGMC and TMM, and maybe even MTM, were great. But it's gone downhill since then.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Hey, wockawocka.

In the script we're working on (might be made, might not) Kermit AND Fozzie are going to be the main characters. Mainly Kermit, but Fozzie's part is going to be so big, you could almost say it was him as the main character.

Wasn't he the main character in Muppet Family Christmas?

wockawocka

Reaction score
That's great!
And, I don't know if he was, I just got it for Christmas, and I haven't seen it yet because my sister wants to see it with me. By reading the back, it sounds like he is, but, of course, this movie is not full-length or as popular or famous.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Well we'd also have to see how well Steve and Fozzie's new puppeteer work together.
Yeah, I know what you mean there. (Sorry my reply to this one is too late.) But even if they don't get along well, they'll have to work together a lot and pretend to like each other, because that's part of the muppets. And they can't have preformers ruining the muppets' friendships.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!

Hey, looks like Fozzie's getting his comeback after the recent Master Card commercials and the movie IAVMMCM!!

I'm all FOR a comeback of the bear, but I guess THAT is obvious, huh?

FOZ:big_grin:

Fiery Princess

Reaction score
I have loved Fozzie ever since his journeys with Kermit in the Studebaker. I love the song Movin' Right Along. :smile:

The Muppet Movie gave me an appreciation for Fozzie for his undying attempts to be laughed at for his jokes...he doesn't even realize that we love him for not only his "hilarious jokes" but for his persistance; the first tomato thrown at me would be the end of it!! :stick_out_tongue:

He is always there for his friends when they need him and he is just all around a great character. I miss Fozzie too!