Fraggle CD collection arrives October 30

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Koch Records has sent out an official press release on the upcoming Fraggle Rock CD box set. Even though most of the info we knew already, it's great to see the publicity cranking up as the release draws near. We're about four weeks away now.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2007/091407.shtml

Hopefully sales will be strong enough for Koch to consider releasing a second box set of previously unreleased Fraggle tunes in the near future.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, I would say it's disappointing that it's just 3 re-released albums, exactly as they were issued, and the third disk repeats like 4 songs from the other 2 recordings... but then again, i didn't get the Fraggle CD back in the 90's when they released that compilation.

The one thing that is a disappointment is that I wished they had more previously unreleased TV tracks (like I'm a little Stew Pot). And it would have been great to have had the Animated FR theme as a bonus track (It's not that much better, but that piano riff at the beginning is amazing).

If anyone has these albums, I have a question. Is the FR theme different on the first album and the second album? I.e. is one the extended version, and one the TV size (broadcast theme)?

I really wish Disney would take this initiative to re-release the Muppet Show albums in a similar fashion.

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
I'm thrillled about this set . . .
But I have two bones to pick . . .
And they have names . . .
"Across the Universe"
and
"Magic" (from the final episode - the song playing as they go through the new tunnel leading to Doc's new home)
Where are they? Why weren't they included in this set - particularly "Across the Universe", which is easily the most powerful of all the Fraggle songs in terms of its message? And "Magic" - it was the last Fraggle song, for heaven's sake! And hearing it still gives me goosebumps and a lump in my throat.
Otherwise - I have no complaints. I'm excited about learning to play some of the Fraggle songs on the piano and I'm thrilled to have so many songs on one set (even if I do have atleast 75% of them already sitting on my hard drive and on CDs and records in my bedroom). But please, please, please - is it too late to add those two songs to the set? *laughs* JK . . .
:big_grin:

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm not surprised that most of the songs are strictly from Season 1, and they're all from previously-released albums. But it's still disappointing. There's so many songs that they could have had on this, but at least we're getting a Fraggle Rock CD set in this day and age.

And yeah... where's Uncle Matt's "Around The Universe," "Magic Be With You," and others? MuppetCentral Radio seems to have every song from the show in excellent format- with perfect sound editing and everything- so it can't be too hard to get other songs to have CD-quality instead of just ripping it from the episode. For instance, "Follow Me," in the episode "Trial Of Cotterpin Doozer" is played without the banter of Large Marvin and Feeny on MC Radio-which is perfect. If MC Radio can do it, or obtain these songs from elsewhere, then I'm sure it can be done through HIT's contacts. I'm not too pleased but I'll still buy it.

This is why it's necessary to have websites like Sylinde Bren's. We want more.
And people wouldn't bootleg Muppet music if others recognized this. Most of these are songs we've heard before, again and again; give the people something new.

Fluffinella

Reaction score
Unlike The Muppet Show, the Fraggle Rock songs were recorded with an eye towards album production. That is, each song exists in an “album-friendly” form (without sound effects or dialogue interrupting the track).

HIT appears to be giving the fans what they want, in the sense that these are long-unavailable collectibles. HIT and Koch are producing something they think many diehards would want. Be happy we’re getting anything, buy what they produce and maybe we’ll get more.

It can happen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I trust them. Hit is doing a great job with Fraggles so far (though I wish we got the Travelling Matt Plush). I mean, while a lot of Muppet music collectors have these albums already, but only 1 was available on CD. While I would say it does suck if you spent all this time converting them to MP3's, but I for one would love an official re-release of these, and I will no doubt buy it (budget permitting). And who knows, maybe these CD's will come with a survey. All you have to do is fill out the card and suggest a new CD full of previously unreleased tracks.

Kinda stinks we didn't get special bonus tracks, though... and some of the songs are repeated on the third album.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think with these releases they are mainly thinking of general fans who have never had any songs on CD, rather than major fans who have heard everything, hehe.

I'm not a big fan of being happy just to get anything. Not to sound spoiled, but these things tend to be expensive so I look more for quality than quantity (not that anyone here doesn't). I may not buy these, but they are good collections and hopefully the general fans will. :wink:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I really wish Disney would take this initiative to re-release the Muppet Show albums in a similar fashion.
I would love to own the original TMS albums on CD (especially the first one).

PinkTribeChick

Reaction score
I wish Disney would take this care and intiative with everything Muppet they release - cause they really haven't done so well so far, with the exception of Muppet Show Season 1. I mean - can we re-release The Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella already, please? And Muppet Musicians of Brehman and The Bunny Picnic? I would kill to have these on DVD, along with soundtrack releases on CD . . . :smile: