1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle CD collection arrives October 30

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Sep 30, 2007.

1. petrieboy

petrieboy Member

2. I have The Muppet Show on video from Spain (released in 1993) with Spanish overdubs and the first season DVD set in the UK has French lanaguage option. The original backing track can be heard with new language vocals recorded over the top. Is there any chance that these backing tracks still exist as these releases are quite new or were the language overdubs done back in the 70s or 80s? Just a thought.
  3. Fluffinella

Fluffinella New Member

I guess those probably still exist. You’re referring to the music and effects track of the episode. A TV episode's soundtrack is usually composed of two individual tracks: dialogue and music & effects. You've probably noticed the M&E track playing on the menus of the Fraggle DVDs.

The songs, however, are a different case. Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock music was pre-recorded. For FR, those songs were recorded not only for use in the episodes, but to be usable when producing albums. For TMS, those songs were recorded simply to be inserted into the episode.

Unfortunately, after that they were likely discarded or recorded over.
  4. That's a real pity. There was a fair bit of Muppet music released on vinyl over the years, albums and singles, so hopefully the master tapes of these still exist at least.
  5. MJTaylor

MJTaylor Member

To tell you the truth, I'm not that confident about ordering things online.
  6. From my experience, from Amazon.com, I've had no problems at all. I have bought loads of DVDs and CDs from there. It's also cheaper than waiting until a UK supplier can provide them for me. The only problem is import tax if I get stung.
  7. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Ugh, I am so mad at Amazon. It said my set was supposed to be here yesterday, but nothing. I'm very upset... :mad:
  8. Do Amazon send things by private courier when sending them inland? It takes weeks for them to send them out of the country. :smirk: Be patient, it'll turn up!
  9. theprawncracker

*kicks the sand* Well alright... :p I just wants me some Fwaggles!
  10. Mine turned up today. I pre-ordered from Amazon.com on September 8, it was released on October 30 so it's only taken just over one week to get here.
    The sound quality is good but I'm not sure it has been remastered as such, the quality on the original Music & Magic CD is just as good. Nice to have all the lyrics to the songs and to finally have the different edits to the theme tune. :)
  11. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Has anyone had luck finding this in any store? I'm hoping to pick up a second copy, but would like to get it in an actual store this time.
  12. dalailaura

dalailaura New Member

I actually just got my copy and I ordered it on Monday night. So far, enjoying, but missing a couple songs from the first season not on here.

The only issue I'm finding is that Gracenote has "Jim Henderson" listed as the artist, not Jim Henson.
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, OUCH, that is beyond incredible, lol.
  14. theprawncracker

Ugh, still don't have it yet... and no luck finding it anywhere either. Dang Amazon. :p
  15. I noticed the "Jim Henderson" problem. I changed the artist on the CDs to "The Fraggles" anyway. :smirk:
  16. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I finally got this CD set, I ordered from ebay.com, It appears that it never arrived but the seller promptly sent a replacement, so over a month after its release I finally got it.

It's a great set, great artwork, and nice to have the albums on CD. Shame the original LP Artwork isnt included, but as I have all the original LP's Im not to concerned and nice to have new artwork. I like the way the set ties in with the DVD Boxsets design. I like the bright colours, the designs on the CD, and the booklet inluded. It sounds great to me, but Im no audio expert!

Great set, but can we have a NEW fraggle Music Collection now PLEASE!

Chris