Fraggle CD collection arrives October 30

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Amazon, and it shipped today. It estimates an 11/2 delivery date.

Since Amazon usually delivers on or before release date for a pre-ordered item, I think there might be a slight delay overall (I also checked Target and Circuit City and neither had it).
Mine shipped Friday and I have yet to recieve it. :smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No Fraggles in the Land of Peace and Love

I'm still bitter. Don't get me started with the woman at Virgin Megastore not knowing what a Fraggle is. :smirk: The store only chose to stock one copy, hide it in the mismanaged Children's section (if you can find anything there, good luck!) that takes as much care and order in stocking titles as one of those kids plastic ball rooms.

Well, I took the time and didn't see it. Then went to an alternative record store and still no luck. I like to support actual physical stores (stores mean employees and that means jobs) but it was off to Amazon for me. I'll get it next week. Hey, I've waited decades for this, I can wait a few more days! :excited:

So I ordered it along with a Cyndi Lauper Blue Angels title I've wanted for a while. That will be one sweet happy day for me. :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Indie stores, man! Indie Stores. They usually wind up costing the same ammount anyway, maybe a couple bucks more (but often times, less). I get all my DVD's that way. Best Buy often times.... well, really isnt.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I don't understand why a lot of the music from Fraggle Rock (and The Muppet Show too to be honest) has never been released commercially on records. Only a select few tracks seem to get released on a handful of LPs. Surely there are backups of the original tracks on master tapes somewhere? Sesame Street was very different. I don't think ANY song that was used in SS has been left unreleased, or at least not the stuff from the 60s to 90s. Sure, getting a sparkling remastered CD of stuff we only had on vinyl originally is great but I would love to get some rare and unreleased stuff on CD. They could really jack up the price on those kinda CDs and I'd still buy 'em!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, I got it today and I already finished listening to it! :excited: While it really wasn't anything too special, I'm amazed that HIT and KOSH actually did put so much effort into this thing. It could have easily just been a mix tape of all 3 CD's released as a single disc, but having all 3 Fraggle albums in one place is spectacular! We got FR and SS done with comprehensive CD sets, Disney bring us a TMS set!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, I got it today and I already finished listening to it! :excited: While it really wasn't anything too special, I'm amazed that HIT and KOSH actually did put so much effort into this thing. It could have easily just been a mix tape of all 3 CD's released as a single disc, but having all 3 Fraggle albums in one place is spectacular! We got FR and SS done with comprehensive CD sets, Disney bring us a TMS set!
Sounds great Bob! Could you shed some light on the liner notes and sheet music included? :smirk:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Well if they bring the box out in the land down under I may get it as I do not have any of the original LPs.
I ordered mine from Amazon.com as they're not releasing it in the UK. It's not as expensive as you'd think to have it shipped to you either.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Don't hold back on us. What are the artwork and linear notes inside like? Do you get the original artwork that appeared on the vinyl versions in there somewhere? How about the "remastered" sound quality?

Luke

Reaction score
I ordered mine from Amazon.com as they're not releasing it in the UK. It's not as expensive as you'd think to have it shipped to you either.
Good idea, i hope it will be released in the UK what with HIT being an English company and having re-launched Fraggle here. It'd be nice if they brought out any puppets they still have to promote stuff too.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Good idea, i hope it will be released in the UK what with HIT being an English company and having re-launched Fraggle here. It'd be nice if they brought out any puppets they still have to promote stuff too.
If they brought out the complete season DVD sets over here it would be a start! :smirk: There was one nice DVD set they released in the UK. 2 discs of random episodes plus the "Down At Fraggle Rock" documentary. Also, they used an instrumental version of the closing theme (without Gobo and Wembley's scat) for the menus. I've never heard that anywhere before.