Fraggle Fan-Fic: Where the Magick Began

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ok, I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER thought I would say this, but...

I'm starting a Fraggle fan-fic...do enjoy!

Chapter 1: Traveling Matt's Discovery

Traveling Matt Fraggle. Brave and fearless. Old and wise. A hero to all Fraggle kind. He walked down the strange pathway he learned to be known as a "sidewalk." He had but one destination to make today, to deliver this postcard to his nephew Gobo down at Fraggle Rock.

He hopped up the familiar steps towards the silly creature's workshop. He slipped the postcard through the mail slot and began to walk away.

He stopped. He peered through the slot, he waited for the silly creature to gather the mail on the floor and go through it, as he always did. But the room inside was dark.

Where had the silly creature gone? Matt thought. Oh well, he must just be away with that beast of his. "I shall just sit here," he plopped down on the steps. "And wait."

He sat there for ten seconds. "Where could he be?" He asked impatiently.

Another ten seconds. "Drat," he muttered. "This is getting rather annoying."

Ten more seconds. "Curses!" Matt cried. "Fine then, I shall just," he got up. "Deliver the card myself!" He twisted the door knob on the door and it opened. He walked in and picked up the postcard. He looked around at the dark, empty room. "Hm, it seems the silly creature is doing some remodeling," he said.

He soon realized that there was nothing left in the room. "Unless-" he jumped behind the counter and looked around. "Oh dear, it is true!" He moaned. "But this cannot be, my journey started here, how could the silly creature just leave?"

Matt remembered back to that day, the day he found the hole leading into outer space. It was the beginning of the rest of his life. But, what of the life before that? What was Traveling Matt like before he was Traveling Matt, back when he was just Matt Fraggle. Matt remembered, it made a good story too.

"Hm, this would make a fine postcard to Gobo," Matt thought. He pulled out a postcard from his backpack and began to write on it in Fraggle letters.

Dear Nephew Gobo, the card began.

Recently I have discovered the lack of the silly creature and his beast past the door to outer space. It got me thinking, about how it all started here. My journey that is. Not my life, or the life and escense of Fraggle Rock though. So this, is the story of Fraggle Rock.

"Ah, lovely," he said. "But where do I begin?" He asked himself. "Oh I now,"

In the beggining...

Effralyo

Reaction score
Sweet! I wonder if Convincing Johnny :flirt: will appear in the story soon!.. Awff...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! A Fraggle Rock fan fic! I had really wanted to write one, but found it's a little more challenging than Muppets. Anyway, it's a great beginning and I am already hooked and I want more! :smile:

RedDragon

Reaction score
<blink>

<blink>

<blink>

Wow.....

Rat 1, 2, 3: Yeah, wow......

:smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 2: The Way it Used to Be

Well nephew, I suppose I shant start from my beginning. That is to avoid certain confusions about my actual age. I know that you think a strapping figure like your uncle can't be to old. Well, I do wish that was true. But I am getting away from the point. So, back when I was a boy; as was your father; we would play everywhere, he and I were insepperable. As were the others in our little group...

"Come on brother!" A younger, shaved Traveling Matt.

"Oh for once Matt," another Fraggle said. "Could you call me Jerry?" He caught up to Matt. "Why do you never call me by my name anyway?"

"Hm," Matt thought. "I've never given it much thought," he said blankly. "But that is beside the pint, come on, Cantus and the others are waiting for us!" Matt said before running off.

Jerry shook his head. "That Matt," he sighed. "Always on the move," he said before chasing after him.

Jerry ran down the cave, he emerged into a beautiful city. The buildings were lavish and colorful. Fraggles walked and played up and down the streets and in the homes.

But Jerry's destination was not in the city. It was on the outskirts, so he ran through faster than he normally would have.

He had lost sight of Matt, he was a fast Fraggle. Jerry ran off towards a small hole in the cave wall. He stopped at the hole and looked to both sides. No one was looking. He ran into the hole, he ran down another narrow tunnel, turned left, and jumped down a hole.

He slid down the hole. He plopped down on a stone at the bottom. "Jerry!" Other Fraggle voices called.

"Hello there everyone," Jerry said. "Is Matt here yet?"

"Indeed he is," a Fraggle with orange hair said. "And he has already begun."

"Begun what Cantus?" Jerry asked the Fraggle.

"You don't know?!" Another Fraggle asked. "What do you need me to explain it?"

"What do you mean John?" Jerry asked the purple Fraggle.

Cantus chuckled. "He's right Jerry, you should now my friend," he said. "It was your idea after all," Cantus approached him. "Matt has already begun mapping the caves."

"What?!" Jerry smiled. "That little scamp started without me?"

"Yes my friend, and Zera is helping him," Cantus said. He led Jerry into another section of the cave where Matt and a female Fraggle sat scribbling on a large piece of parchment.

"Well Zera what do you think?" Matt asked the girl.

"It's ok," she said. "But I think you've got the shape of the Fraggle Purine Pond wrong," she reached in front of him and began drawing.

"I think it looks right," John said. "Listen to me," he said.

"Come on John," Zela said. "You arent' convincing us of anything."

"Is it shaped like a blubble bug?" Jerry asked them. They turned their heads. "If it's not," he said. "Then it is the wrong shape."

Zera smirked at Jerry, "I know, I know," she said. "That's why I'm fixing it."

"Mm," Cantus nodded. "I remember that pond," he looked over the others shoulder's.

"Yeah," Jerry joined them. "What was the song we sang over there?"

"Ah that one," Cantus smiled. "I could never forget it."

"Once a day, if not more," Cantus sang.
"We all would find so much to explore."

"Although we never did now what was in store," Matt sang.
"We went and walked right through that door."

"That's how we beat the problem from it's core!" They all harmonized.

"We found this together,
We don't go apart,
Through any kind of weather.
We're there from the start."

"Oh everybody thinks of us the same," Jerry sang.
"No one seems to think that we are tame."

"But we're gonna show them," Zela continued.
"What we're all about."

"There's nothin they can say," John sang.
"That would make us go and shout!"

"Oh! We found it together,
We won't go apart,
Through any kind of weather,
We were there from the start!"

"We're friends til the end," Cantus sang.
"We don't need to part.
Everything song we bend,
It comes from the heart!"

"We're Fraggle friends," Jerry sang.
"We don't need no one else."

"Cause when we got each other," Zela finished.
"There will be no ends!"

The Fraggles nodded. "That song," Cantus said. "Is what started it all."

Effralyo

Reaction score
Yeeey! Cantey and Johnny.....
..Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, listen-to-me-Fraggles-give-yer-Fraggle-mouth-a-waggle! :flirt::flirt::flirt: Uuuum, tdank you! Tdanks once more! You just made me weeeeeep in glad!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
This is just so cool! I'm loving it! I love the appearances of Cantus and John (who I'm assuming becomes Convincing John later on) and everything! It's just so great! More please! :smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
"Come on John," Zela said. "You arent' convincing us of anything."
Alright, I'm gonna make it crystal clear right here and now, I don't really know much about Fraggle Rock, as I've only seen one episode.
But I know enough to laugh at that.

Keep it coming, prawnie, please oh pretty please!

Effralyo

Reaction score
Indeed... So, John is young here?.. And his three cousins -the Fragglettes - will appear later?