Fraggle Fan-Fic: Where the Magick Began

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Grr, sorry guys and gals, won't be able to get more up until Sunday at the soonest.

(Oh, and Effy, btw, Happy Seniorship!:smile:)

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Love the story so far, and can't wait to read more to see whare it is going. Can't you give us a teeny tiny hint? *wink*
BTW Lisa, what was the episode of Fraggle Rock that you have seen?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 3: The Poison Bourbon

So Nephew Gobo, now you see what our little home was before your time. It wasn't just a small village, but a flourishing city. But Fraggledom met it's nemisis on a terrible day. It eliminated most of our culture. And terminated most of the Fraggles living there. Including your father...

Jerry and Zela walked down a cavern hand in hand. Neither of them had said a word since they left the ceremony. Zela wiped her eye. "It was a great ceremony wasn't it Jerry?"

Jerry nodded slowly, keeping his eyes focussed ahead of him.

"And it was a nice burrial stone wasn't it?" She asked him.

Again he nodded slowly. But this time he responded, "It's not fair Zela," he sniffed. "The Poison Bourbon took Uncle Gobo! It's not fair!" He growled. "I'll stop it Zela, mark my words, I will stop that Bourbon from taking anymore Fraggles! Tomorrow, I'm taking Matt, Cantus, and John and we'll take that Bourbon down!"

"I'm coming with you!" Zela cried.

"No!" Jerry snapped. "You've got to stay home with Gobo, he needs you," Jerry said. "If I go, then at least he still has you," he slipped his hand from hers and continued down the tunnel alone.

Zela stood where Jerry left her. She fell to her knees and began to sob. "Why do you have to do this Jerry..."

Meanwhile, Matt walked into the cavern from a hidden tunnel behind Zela. He walked up the tunnel humming. He walked past Zela and turned around. "Sister in-law? Is that you?"

She sniffed. "Matt what are you doing here?"

"Why exploring of course! I'm finishing the mapping of these caverns!"

"But why weren't you at Uncle Gobo's ceremony?"

"Ah, death ceremonies aren't really what I enjoy doing in my free time." He said. "But I must ask you my dear, why are you crying?"

She wiped her eyes. "It's Jerry, he's going to fight the Bourbon, and he wants to take you, Cantus, and John with him," she sobbed.

Matt blinked. "He wants to take me?" He sniffed. "Well, as the great explorer I am, I should go with him. But as the terrible brother I am I probably will not."

Zela shook her head. "No," she said. "Matt I need you to go with him. If he gets hurt or...you know, I need you to come back to me. If he goes, I'm going with him, and you must watch Gobo."

"Me?" Matt asked. "But-I...er...Yes my dear," he nodded. "I can do that for you," he extended his hand to hers. "Now come, and follow me Zela, follow me." He pulled her up and began to walk down the tunnel again.

"Every day the world begins again," Matt sang.
"Sunny skies or rain,
Come and follow me!
Every sunrise shows me more and more,
So much to explore,
Come and follow me!"

"Every mornin', every day," they both sang.
"Every evnin', callin' me away!"

"While the world goes 'round I'll still be found," Zela sang.
"Followin' the sound,
Somethin's callin' me,
As the world goes driftin' back to bed,
Memories in my head
Wonders follow me!"

"Every mornin', every day,
Every evnin', callin' me away!
Every mornin', every day,
Every evnin', callin' me away," they both finished.

Zela sighed as they arrived back at her and Jerry's home. "Thanks Matt, for everything."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<lump in throat>

My goodness... Come on, prawnie, tell me more... please....

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wowwwwwwwwwww......

Always wondered how our young Gobo had an uncle but no parents. I'm really enjoying this Ryan, keep it coming!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 3: The Climactic Battle Scene

And there we were, the next morning. Awake and ready. I still to this day don't know how your father dragged me into this nephew, but he did.

Jerry woke up early the next morning and grabbed his napsack. He kissed Zela on the cheek and walked into Gobo's room. He walked over to his young son's crib.

"Gobo boy," he whispered. "You've got great things in you. Just remember my son, do your work, and have your fun. It'll be worth it when the day is done."

Cantus watched from the doorway. He sighed. "That reminds me of a song," he whispered. "Wake up in the morning,
Get yourself to work,
Fraggles never fool around,
Fraggles never shirk," he sang quietly.

"Your duty's always waiting," Jerry sang along.
"And duty must be done.
There's ping-pong games that must be played,
And songs that must be sung!"

The two walked out of Jerry's home and met Matt and John.

"Workin', workin', workin'," they all sang.

"I like to tell the tale of what my work is for," John sang.
"A story of all the Fraggles with troubles and more!
They come to me with heartache, the come to me with woe,
Then I come and convince them of what to show!
And I-" he was cut off.

"Don't forget my mighty job the super exploration team!" Matt interupted.
"I've got myself and he's got me, I map the tunnels just like my dream!"

"Workin', workin', workin', workin'," everyone sang.

"When I was just a baby, father used to sing," Cantus sang.
"He would tell me Cantus boy you must do this sort of thing.
Practice singing every night and every day,
Sing it loud and sing it proud,
And listen to what they say!"

"Oh!!" Jerry sang.
"Give me work that's cheerful,
Jolly to the core!
A smile that goes on much to long,
And then goes on some more.
The work I love to work at
Is the work I've always done.
I do it everyday, and boy it sure is fun!"

"Wake up in the morning,
Get yourself to work!
Fraggles never fool around,
Fraggles never shirk!
Your duty's always waiting,
Duty must be done,
There's ping-pong games that must be played,
And songs that must be sung!" They all sang.

"Cause we're workin'!
Workin'!
Workin'!
Workin'!"

"Look there!" Matt cried stopping the song abruptly. "The Bourbon's lair!"

The four Fraggles stared on. The cave grew in size in front of them. the whole was larger than anything a Fraggle had ever seen before.

Jerry stared for a moment. "Well, let's go," he pressed onward.

"Are you sure you'll be ok here with Gobo alone Mokey?" Zela asked the young Fraggle.

"Oh possitive Mrs. Zela, I've babysat hundreds of times for Red and Boober and Wembley and-" the young Fraggle said.

"Alright thank you Mokey you're a life saver," Zela said. She kissed Gobo's forehead and ran out of the house.

"Hmm that was odd," Mokey said. "Oh well, what would you like to little Gobo?" she tickled Gobo's stomach.

Zela darted through the tunnels. She knew where Jerry and the others were going, and she intended to follow.

She may have let Jerry leave the house without her, but she would not let him leave her without her.

The four Fraggles entered the center of the cave. "I believe this is the lair of the beast," Cantus said.

"Are you sure?" Matt asked.

John did a double-take. "Cantus let me convince him of it!" he begged.

"Quiet!" Jerry snapped. "Listen," he whispered.

They all silenced. They heard a stomping off in the distance. And suddenly, a huge blue hand swung down and crashed against the cave floor in front of them.

The Fraggles jumped. "What on the Rock..."

Another hand hit the floor.

"And then," Matt scribbled in a note book. "We were faced with two giant hands! In what must be the climactic battle scene!"

The Bourbon lunged forward. The hands became arms, and the arms shoulders. They revealed a humongous blue body, and a vicious tooth filled head.

"Quickly!" Jerry cried. "Dawn your masks!"

The four Fraggles put on hand crafted gas masks over their heads. The Bourbon screamed a horrible sound. As it did, the poisonous gas could be seen emerging from his terrible mouth.

"The masks should protect us my friends," Jerry said. "But we still must hurry."

"Jerry," Cantus cried above the screeching Bourbon. "The ceiling! make him knock the ceiling in, right on top of him!"

Jerry looked up. The ceiling did not look very strong. "But we'd be risking our own lives!"

"We already are!" John screamed.

Jerry nodded. "Quickly, everyone follow me!"

Zela arrived at the entrance of the cave. She ran in with only a brief stop. As she ran in, her breath began to get shorter. "Darn allergies," she ran on.

Jerry and the others ran to the left wall. The Bourbon's eyes followed them. As did his hand. It swung down behind them.

"Stop at the wall!" Jerry yelled. "And duck when he swings!"

They got halfway to the wall. Before Jerry heard couging. He stopped and turned around. "Zela!" He screamed.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as I've already told you...

DON'T JUST LEAVE ME HANGING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...........and that's about all I can say.......

No, no it's not.

I can see it, I can see... those hands, and arms, and shoulders, and.... it's bone-chilling, prawnie! And the... and... and.... <collapses>

MORE PLEASE!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 4: The Strength of the Father and the Love of the Mother

So there we were nephew Gobo, the four of us against the Bourbon, with your mother collapsed in the middle of the cave. We were alone and it rather smelled in there...

Zela coughed and hacked. The Bourbon's poison breath remained in the cave, and she was without a gas mask.

"Zela!" Jerry darted toward her. He knelt down beside her. He turned to the others, "get out of here! Now!" he shouted.

The others looked at each other. They darted towards Jerry. "We won't leave you!" Cantus said.

"You must!" Jerry snapped cradeling Zela. "Get out now! And vacate the city! The Bourbon's poison will no doubt spread out of the cave, now go!"

Cantus nodded. John wiped his eye, the two of them ran off. The Bourbon stormed forward. Matt stayed at his brother's side.

"Brother, I won't go!" he said.

Zela lifted her head vaguely, "Matt..." she moaned. "Remember your promise."

Matt stood up. He hung open his mouth, then nodded. He wiped his eye and ran off with to the exit. He stopped at the opening. The Bourbon hovered above Jerry and Zela.

The Bourbon flexed it's muscle, and swung down it's mighty arm. Jerry hugged Zela tight, one last time.

Out in a garden, a large pink creature held close a baby. While a loving father looked on smiling.

A leaf fell on top a pile of trash. Two rats wondered over next to it. It began to rumble.

Matt, Cantus, and John sounded the Fraggle horn and removed the city of it's inhabetints.

Matt stopped at Jerry's home, he picked up his nephew in his arms, and whispered to him, "Come Gobo, come and follow me."

Cantus led the Fraggles through the small secret opening where the old clubhouse used to be. After all the Fraggles had entered, the strongest of them pushed a boulder over the entrance.

The Bourbon's poison would not be able to get through the rock.

Matt surveyed the crowd of Fraggles. He sniffed. The Fraggles were all crammed in this space. Well, not all. He was not counting the Fraggles destroyed by the horrible Bourbon.

But, he looked around him. This was new to him. He'd never gone farther than the clubhouse cave in this section. There was so much to explore.

Gobo grabbed Matt's right whisker. "Ow!" Matt jumped.

Gobo giggled. "Nothing phases you does it little Fraggle?" Matt asked. "Just like your father." Matt smiled.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Wow.

That's all I can say is.... wow.

.....Remember your promise..... Jerry hugged Zela tight, one last time....... a large pink creature held close a baby......... a pile of trash, two rats...... come and follow me........ so much to explore........ just like your father......

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

....And did you notice, we both posted our new chapters at like, the exact same time...:wink: ....crazy.....