1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle figures! (we need 'em)

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by BEAR, Sep 16, 2005.

1. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

I thought this would be a good way to do a Fraggle line.
    Fraggle Rock The Toy Line

I felt the need to type this out because I been working on this for over 6 mounths and I finally thought that it was worth showing to my friends at the Message Board.

Fraggle Rock the Dream toy line:

Series1:
    Gobo Fraggle w/Guitar, Maps, Backpack & Stand
    Doozers two pack of Architect & Wrench Doozer w/ Drawing Board, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Murray The Minstel w/instrument, stand
    Wander McMooch w/ two swamp animal & stand

Large figure:
    The Trash Heap w/ Gunge w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series2:
    Mokey Fraggle w/ lanford, flying Batworm,Diary, painting, Radish & Mokey ragdoll & stand
    Doozers two pack of Flange Doozer (Cottpin's Father) Turbo Doozer w/ Blueprints, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Brio The Minstrel w/instrument, stand
    Large Marvin Fraggle w/ food, & stand

Large figure:
    Junior Gorg w/ Club w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series3:
    Boober Fraggle w/ wash tube, pile of socks, chef's hat, Radish & stand
    Doozers two pack of Wingnut Doozer (Cottpin's Mother) Bailiff Doozer w/ doozer cart, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Brool the Minstel w/ instrument & stand
    The World's Oldest Fraggle w/ hearing horn, walking stick, & stand

Large figure:
    Sprocketw/ dog bowl w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series4:
    Wembley Fraggle w/ extra shirt, love potion # 9 & stand
    Doozers two pack of Tumbrell & Doozer # 1 w/ wheelbarrow, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Cantus the Minstrel w/ Magic Flute & stand
    Skenfrith w/ with magnet poney tails & stand

Series5:
    Red Fraggle w/ swiming ribbons, posters, rumbul bugs, & stands
    Doozers two pack of Cottpin Doozer & CrosscutDoozer w/ doozer buggy, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Convincing John w/ Baby Tree Creature (Gorg Bird) & stand
    Henchy Fraggle(The World's Oldest Fraggle's flunky) w/ Fraggle Horn,

Series6:
    Uncle "Traveling" Matt Fraggle w/ postcards, note book, walking stick, backback & stand
    Stoyteller Fraggle w/ her little house, & stand
    Aunt Granny Fraggle w/ picnic basket, Papa tree crearure (Gorg Bird) & stand
    Lou Fraggle w/ The last of the lily creatures & stand

Large figure:
    Ma Gorg w/ pie w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series7:
    Firechief Fraggle w/ hose, ladder & stand
    The Mean Genie w/ flutebird & stand
    The Wizard w/ with book of magic & stand
    7-Words-Max ( Wizard's Flunky) w/ Poison Cackler

Large figure:
    Pa Gorg w/ real cape w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series8:
    Bigmouth Fraggle w/flying whoopie cushion, & stand
    Fluffinella w/cat dish & stand
    Marlon Fraggle w/ Mama Tree Creature & stand
    Tosh Fraggle w/the beast (Tosh's lion-like pet) & stand

Convention pices

San de Agio- The great Hall playset w/ Red in her flyinh fish suit

Los Angles 3 Pack of Fraggles- Bonehead Fraggle, Fishface Fraggle, Noodlenose Fraggle

Philadelphia 3 Pack of fraggles- Felix the Fearless, Archbanger (of the Pipebangers), Sir Blunderbrain

Chicago 4 pack of Doozers- Judge Gavel Doozer, Modem Doozer, Rotary Doozer, Yeaster doozer

New York 3 Pack of Fraggles - Sidebottom, Rock Hockey Hannah, Old Gypsy Fraggle

Texas - Gorg's garden with garden tools and wheel barel and Mini fraggles that fit in the Gorg's hands.

Store pices

toy's "r' us- Doc

KillerToys- Blue Dragon

Suncoast- Mirkmonster

Time and Space Toys- Uncle Gobo w/ Begoony

Entertainment Earth- Mudwell the Mudbunny w/ Lizard(the transformed Mudwell)

Holiday Figures
    2 packs

Wembley & Gobo with winter coats and hats
    Red & Mokey with winter coats and hats
    Boober withwinter coats and hats and fraggle snowman

Im done Hope you like it.
  2. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I wish that were a real line up, I'd collect every figure :smirk: :excited:

I love the idea of the Doozer packs with connecting pieces. I'd especially like action figures of the three Gorg's. Those would be cool.

If I could decide what figures to put out, this is what i'd do...

Series One
    Gobo
    Wembeley
    Uncle Travelling Matt
    Sprocket
    Doozer Set 1

Large Talking Fraggle Figure: Boober

Series Two
    Mokey
    Red
    Cantus
    The Trash Heap
    Doozer Set 2

Large Talking Fraggle Figure: Gobo

Series 3
    Boober
    Gobo Variant
    World's Oldest Fraggle
    Junior Gorg (w/ Mini Fraggle's, since they wont be in scale to the figures)
    Doozer Set 3

Large Talking Fraggle Figure: Wembely

Series 4
    Wembely Variant
    Red Variant
    Large Marvin
    Ma Gorg
    Doozer Set 4

Large Talking Fraggle Figure: Mokey

Series 5
    Gobo Variant 2
    Mokey Variant
    The Storyteller
    Pa Gorg
    Doozer Set 5

Large Talking Fraggle Figure: Red
  3. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Thoughts about scale- would it not be simpler, instead of making the Gorgs to scale with the Fraggle figures and thus too large to be displayed, to include miniature Fraggles along with the Gorgs? They used miniature Fraggles on the show to achieve scale with the Gorgs, so the Gorgs could come with mini representations of the Fraggle five, just like the Fraggles could come with Doozers (perhaps mini representations of same and then sell larger Doozers with moving parts, machinery, and buildable towers?)

Again, just my thoughts.

On the Season Three interviews, designer Bill Beeton said that Doozer sticks would've made a great toy- was there ever such a toy in existence? Should there be pending the release of the Fraggle Rock movie?

And maybe a 'Doozer sticks' rock candy kit with different recipes?

All about the tie-ins, baby!

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  4. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

as a child i had these clear rectangle cases... they were small.. and i have no idea what they were used for.. but i would use those when playing with my Fraggle pvc toys
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really like this list compilation. I think it could work. :excited:
  6. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

Remember to many Variants is what hurt the Muppets Toy line not all the people buy both and you could have peg warms that why you want to spead out the main Fraggles then to do them all at once. It keep the line moveing then peg warming. and remember more than likey you will only get 2 series a year so that means 6 Convention pices, 7 Store Pices, a year. Thats a lot of figures.
  7. LadyVader

LadyVader New Member

Fraggle Rock the Dream toy line:
    FRIST YEAR
    Series1:
    Gobo Fraggle w/Guitar, Maps, Backpack & postcards & Stand
    Doozers two pack of Architect & Wrench Doozer w/ Drawing Board, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Murray The Minstel w/instrument, stand
    Wander McMooch w/ two swamp animal & stand

Large figure:
    The Trash Heap w/ Gunge w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series2:
    Mokey Fraggle w/ lanford, flying Batworm, Diary, painting, Radishs & Mokey ragdoll & stand
    Doozers two pack of Flange Doozer (Cottpin's Father) Turbo Doozer w/ Blueprints, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Brio The Minstrel w/instrument, stand
    Large Marvin Fraggle w/ food, & stand

Convention pices

Los Angles- 3 Pack of Fraggles- Bonehead Fraggle, Fishface Fraggle, Noodlenose Fraggle

Philadelphia -3 Pack of fraggles- Felix the Fearless, Archbanger (of the Pipebangers), Sir Blunderbrain

Chicago- 4 pack of Doozers- Judge Gavel Doozer, Modem Doozer, Rotary Doozer, Yeaster doozer

New York- 3 Pack of Fraggles - Beige cave fraggle, Rock Hockey Hannah, Old Gypsy Fraggle

Texas - Gorg's garden with garden tools and wheel barel and Mini fraggles that fit in the Gorg's hands.

Store pices

toy's "r' us- Doc

KillerToys- Blue Dragon

Suncoast- Mirkmonster

E-Bay- set of the Eminment and venerable council of sages, Hambo,Lambo, the third one name unknown

Holiday Figures
    2 packs

Second Year
    Series3:
    Boober Fraggle w/ wash tube, pile of socks, chef's hat, Radish & stand
    Doozers two pack of Wingnut Doozer (Cottpin's Mother) Bailiff Doozer w/ doozer cart, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Brool the Minstel w/ instrument & stand
    The World's Oldest Fraggle w/ hearing horn, walking stick, & stand

Large figure:
    Sprocketw/ dog bowl w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series4:
    Wembley Fraggle w/ extra shirt, love potion # 9 & stand
    Doozers two pack of Tumbrell & Doozer # 1 w/ wheelbarrow, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Cantus the Minstrel w/ Magic Flute & stand
    Skenfrith w/ with magnet poney tails & stand

Convention pices[/B]

San de Agio- The Avalanche Monster

Los Angles 3 Pack of Fraggles- Bigmouth Fraggle, gillis Fraggle (ask The Maestro), Feenie Fraggle friend of large Marvin's

Philadelphia 3 Pack of fraggles- Fergus Fraggle, Fiona Fraggle, Wimple Fraggle

Chicago 4 pack of Doozers-

New York 3 Pack of Fraggles -

Texas -

Store pices

toy's "r' us- Doc

KillerToys- Blue Dragon

Suncoast- Mirkmonster

Series5:
    Red Fraggle w/ swiming ribbons, posters, rumbul bugs, & stands
    Doozers two pack of Cottpin Doozer & CrosscutDoozer w/ doozer buggy, Tools, & Doozer construction that connect with all the other doozer packs
    Convincing John w/ Baby Tree Creature (Gorg Bird) & stand
    Henchy Fraggle(The World's Oldest Fraggle's flunky) w/ Fraggle Horn,

Large figure:
    Junior Gorg w/ Club w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series6:
    Uncle "Traveling" Matt Fraggle w/ postcards, note book, walking stick, backback & stand
    Stoyteller Fraggle w/ her little house, & stand
    Aunt Granny Fraggle w/ picnic basket, Papa tree crearure (Gorg Bird) & stand
    Lou Fraggle w/ The last of the lily creatures & stand

Large figure:
    Ma Gorg w/ pie w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series7:
    Firechief Fraggle w/ hose, ladder & stand
    The Mean Genie w/ flutebird & stand
    The Wizard w/ with book of magic & stand
    7-Words-Max ( Wizard's Flunky) w/ Poison Cackler

Large figure:
    Pa Gorg w/ real cape w/ Pice of Gorg's Castle

Series8:
    Bigmouth Fraggle w/flying whoopie cushion, & stand
    Fluffinella w/cat dish & stand
    Marlon Fraggle w/ Mama Tree Creature & stand
    Tosh Fraggle w/the beast (Tosh's lion-like pet) & stand

Convention pices

Los Angles 3 Pack of Fraggles- Bonehead Fraggle, Fishface Fraggle, Noodlenose Fraggle

Philadelphia 3 Pack of fraggles- Felix the Fearless, Archbanger (of the Pipebangers), Sir Blunderbrain

Chicago 4 pack of Doozers- Judge Gavel Doozer, Modem Doozer, Rotary Doozer, Yeaster doozer

New York 3 Pack of Fraggles - Sidebottom, Rock Hockey Hannah, Old Gypsy Fraggle

Store pices

toy's "r' us- Doc

KillerToys- Blue Dragon

Suncoast- Mirkmonster

Holiday Figures
    2 packs

Sidebottom
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It wasn't the variants that hurt the Muppets line, it was the low price point and so many darn expensive accessories.

Believe it or not, some of the best sculpts of good characters warmed pegs. Beauregard is still very much around comic shops! He is definitely in the top 5 sculpts of the line, if not the best. Many Swinetreks are collecting dust and Muppet Labs lingered for ages. Variants are a way to make more money from an existing sculpt - they're a no-brainer to make money and the Muppet variants did. Now reissuing characters and new sculpts for them proved to be challenging in some cases. The line could have done with some more regularly pegged Animal and Beaker variants and repaints. Those would have sold big, but the decision makers didn't get that. :smirk:

I stand by my support for that Fraggle line-up. Not perfect, but better than any of the ones I proposed a while back. :excited:
  9. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

*drools* Hee hee. I own the Palisades Gobo Fraggle prototype. *drools more* :smirk:
  10. justairbagit

justairbagit New Member

im a little late lol but do you really own the protype?
  11. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yes I do. He's really fragile. I should get some pictures taken of him one of these days. :smirk:
  12. justairbagit

justairbagit New Member

Yes you should! im sure everyone would love to see him
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Do the pictures that Palisade had on their site still exist? He looks about the same but I still wanna take pictures for the joy of... it. :smirk:
  14. justairbagit

justairbagit New Member

the picture are no longer on the site but i did save them before they disapeared so if you would like them just send me an email and ill send them to you but ide still like to see your pics
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:coy: Here's a picture from the Wiki! :smirk:

Keep in mind that Ken and the Palisades team were still working on major revisions especially in the hair department. This prototype (while extremely cool and pretty) is probably only 75% of what it would have been. Ken was really keen on pushing the envelope and trying to pin down things like Muppet hair rather than make a big plastic gob. Every figure taught the Palisades team something new. If this Gobo had ever been finished it would have likely been even better than the Muppet Show line of action figures. :excited:
  16. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Exactly. The prototype is definitely not at the finished stage. It's painted but they didn't do all the stripes on his sleeves and they hadn't given him the texture on his " skin " either. The hair I'm sure would've been handled differently too I'm sure. Actually, my guess is that he's a prototype of a prototype. Compared to Palisades Muppet figures, if that Gobo was the final product, he'd fall way short of their established eye for including every detail possible. He is incredible to have though. :smirk:
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I drool over that Gobo like I do over Oscar, Ernie and Big Bird from Sesame's nixed line.

You're right that the beautiful figure you have is still an early prototype. The points I remember that were up for revision were particularly hair (soften and feather), face (tweak proportions around mouth and nose), a slight tweak in height, minor color alterations and the final addition of texture.

This was so special because Ken really wanted to add to the Muppets line before the Disney sale and Henson actually said yes to this. The hope was to one day have the Fraggle five and some Doozer packs. However, even if released, successful and the Disney sale didn't happen there was still a likelyhood that Gobo would have been a one-shot deal. That's the best I can remember it. Might have gotten a few details wrong. :coy:

Still can't believe you have that bad boy. I'm jealous! Very. :)
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Yeah. I printed up the images from that article to drool over. Must've drooled enough I guess. I find it hard to believe I have the thing still. :smirk:
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

:wisdom: Was the Big Bird sculpt ever finished? That's the only SST figure Palisades made I'm missing, if it was ever completed. Need to find Slimey and Rubber Duckie though. And you guys would love Oscar, even owing to the toughness of detaching and/or reattaching his arms.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And all this time, I thought it was an Irving Legend.

That's the kind of story your Uncle Irving will tell you.

Anyway, it's a real shame they never got the chance to release series 10, especially with this figure. Once they finished the hair, and added in the flocking texturing this figure would have really sung.

You gotta hand it to those dudes. They really gave the fans what they wanted, and did a beautiful job doing it.