Fraggle Reunion

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think some sort of Fraggle special could help stir interest for the original series. It would help them get released on DVD as well. If Henson could work something out with HBO, Nick or Disney (and have complete script control) I think it could work.

It shouldn't be a remake of the series, rather it could be "Return to Fraggle Rock: The Search for Matt. Gobo could venture into outer space with the other Fraggles in order to find Matt because they think he's in trouble. It would bring another dimension to the show. There could also be cut-ins of Doc and Sprocket on vacation and a few scenes with the Gorg's Garden in some sort of sub-plot. I can see it very easily and they wouldn't need all of the expensive cave sets. Just a couple of them.

My idea for the Doozers is to composite them into more shots and we could see more of the Fraggles from head to toe. Those bits could either be CG or blue screened. Probably a combination of both. Jim Henson was interested in technology and pushing the limits of what you could do as long as it maintained the quality and spirit of the work.

What about Fraggles From Space? JUST KIDDING! LOL!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another major, major hurdle with Fraggle is convincing retailers and merchants that there is a significant market for Fraggle Rock. Outside of Hot Topic's shirts and a few scenes in the Muppet RaceMania game, there hasn't been any Fraggle merchandise for ten years, especially in terms of video and music releases. Henson has tried to be active recently for Fraggle's 20th anniversary (like the Dark Crystal), it just takes the right partners (as we have seen with Palisades Muppet line).

Once the ball gets rolling with a few DVD's (hopefully in the next 12 months), the possibility exists for some momentum. It's just not easy because product developers want to know why the show isn't on just like we do, before they invest thousands and thousands of dollars in a new product.

I love Fraggle myself, always have since the first episode premiered. As passionate as we all are about the Muppets, many Fraggle fans are the most devoted ones out there. Support of the show with big DVD sales would help in getting the show back on somewhere. Then the possibilities of merchandise or a reunion special would be more realistic.

"Bring back the wonder, we knew long along." :excited:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I dont think id want a new Show or Specials, Im like the old one too much, If you know what I mean.

But i am up for something for a DVD or a documentary with some new footage.
All theyd need is one set of cave scenery and some Doozer towers. The use the Fraggles and Doozers in that set.

Im not sure about Doc and Sprocket, Maybe if the Puppeteers get interviewed then i would like to see Doc talking about the show as himself, An actor. But then have Sprocket with him as if he is a real live dog, That would be fun.

Id also want Jerry Juhl to say some stuff about it, I think he is the person who would need to write the Docu script too.

I think Henson are crazy (unless they are waiting for the Sony deal to end), All they have to do is go to eBay and see that people are paying around $50 for like 20 bad quality VCD episodes !

see ya

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I'm praying the Henson's will do more with Fraggle Rock. I really am.

Jake

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to see some kind of speical or something. I would love that. Loving what frogboy said. I would love to see more Fraggle Rock things. It doesn't matter how they would do it. Me want more fraggles. *Grunts* Love fraggles. So hope they do something with the fraggles. Come on Sony and Henson get with it.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Well I would like to see more, maybe even some new, Fraggle Rock episode/specials but Henson should also be very carefull if they chose to do more with the Fraggles.
If they not careful then it could be seen as a way just to earn more money by building on something valuable. Just look at the endless low budget and low quality sequels from Disney, Henson should not end up by doing that. If they come to a conclusion that Fraggle Rock are to expensive for them then don't do more, just give us all the episodes on DVD insteed.

Maybe it would be to expensive to do a new Fraggle Rock but Henson don't have to do it alone they can do a coproduction of it. They should try and look to Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. The tv staions & production companys have made many copoductions of children productions in the later years. They would have been to expensive for them to make them self. Maybe something like that could be worked out with stations around the world. I think that it was in this way that Fraggle Rock got it's funding from before.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i'm really more with Warrick on this one, i just wouldn't want anything new production wise at all. Something for a DVD, or a live appearance would be fine but otherwise i don't think the original should be touched in any way. Fraggle is too special for that, and as Phil said, Fraggle fans are the most passionate and i'd think the most protective. I say leave it alone - they just need to get the original back on TV somewhere and hopefully some licenses could be sold from a nostalgia viewpoint. Of course i fully realise they're unlikely to remake any puppets they're missing just for a DVD or live show.

For the record, 'Fraggles From Space' would be more painful than tonsilitis ! :eek:

King Prawn

Reaction score
Now i'm not sure if this is the Fraggle Fan in me talking or the Clever me with a great idea, you guys decide.

I think a good oppotunity for Henson to take and see if the Fraggles still have an audiance is allow Palisades to make The Fraggle Five or maybe just Uncle Matt, see how these sell, this would also help people to consider and remember or relise that these are Muppets.

Now the problem is I don't want to say give Palisades the oppotunity to make the Fraggle Five becuase if the first one (Lets say it's Boober) did not sell well then we'd have only one of the Fraggle Five (Boober) and that in my opinion is worse than not having non at all. So then the obviouse solution would be to produce Matt as he alone would not be as dissapointing as having either Gobo, Wembley, Boober, Mokey or Red alone nut then the problem is I believe fans (Not us) would not remember Matt as well as the others.

So what i'm saying is that Henson have a great oppotunity to find out if the Fraggles would still sell, If they could simply allow Palisades (without them having to pay extra for the license) to produce any character from Fraggle Rock and see how it sells.

Does this sound like a good idea or like a Fraggle Fan finding anyway he can to get his Fraggles as Action Figures :smirk: :excited: :zany: :excited: :smirk:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
King Prawn,

It must be the British air, 'Cause i was thinking the same thing too !

If Palisades were to do something like 'The World Jim Henson' and include a line of different characters from different shows, Then we could tell what the demand is for Fraggles.

I do think it would work, Its risky using Matt because he isnt no Gobo or Red. But still i think it would work.

I can just see the fans getting ready to go out and get him before it sells out now!

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by King Prawn
Does this sound like a good idea or like a Fraggle Fan finding anyway he can to get his Fraggles as Action Figures :smirk: :excited: :zany: :excited: :smirk:
.... the last one, but that shows a devoted fan !

Henson can't just start allowing a company to use their other licenses for free, they are all legally seperate creative properties. I think if they did it for one, others would demand it too. To do 'World Of Henson' Palisades would need to buy loads of the rights. I think a Fraggle here and there in the Muppet line may well sell as good as any Muppet to the hardcore fans, but i think the average person on the street and the hardcore action figure collectors probably wouldn't take to the idea while the show isn't even on air.