1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Reunion

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by BlueFrackle, May 17, 2003.

1. Dash X New Member

In none of the UK versions that i have metion Schimmelfinney
  2. Lone Wolf New Member

Is the actor who played Doc still alive? He was already an old man back when the series orignally aired and it seems unlikely to me that he'd still be around, but even if he is he'd be frail and in poor health, wouldn't he?
  3. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Re: New Fraggle Productions, and Fraggle Decomposition:

Found this at John Kennedy's site regarding foam puppets, and those containing foam rubber:

http://www.puppetkit.com/c/84
  4. Ryan New Member

That's one big reason why a reunion would never happen. Craig Shemin was telling m, it's just too expensive to redo the foam interior completely. The fleece and everything is still in fine shape, it's the foam. Also, Fraggle Rock had a very big budget, and that would also be a problem today. But who knows, with Disney running them, we may see it one day.
  5. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'd love to see that Disney were able to spend some money on JHC's Fraggle Rock and do something big. You know, Disney didn't buy Fraggle Rock.
  6. Buck-Beaver Active Member

I think the issue with bringing back Fraggle Rock isn't so much the condition of the puppets as much as it is that there probably is not a large enough demonstrated market for it. It's been a challenge for them to get classic Muppet projects off the ground and those characters are much better known than the Fraggle ones so I assume it would be much, much more difficult to get financing for something with the Fraggles lined up.
  7. Ryan New Member

Actually, I don't know how true that is. They're all over teen stores as 80'S Pop culture, and several of my friends in school loved Fraggle Rock. I think it could do well.

Craig said that it could be done if those few problems could be fixed.

BTW: Kevin and Andrew: Hav you been getting my emails?
  8. McFraggle Active Member

I would love to see it, but like others have said I don't know if there is a market to do it. If it was done, it would have to be more than one show just to justify the cost of rebuilding the puppets.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I haven't. Email me again.

Too bad for the poor Fraggles. :(
  10. Lone Wolf New Member

I agree. When Disney bought the Muppets, there was a reason they didn't buy the Fraggles and it certainly wasn't because they couldn't afford them! :)
  11. Muppet Crypts New Member

:) I wish the Fraggles had a Full Length Movie it 's i the one thing the missed but like you sead the cost was outlandish so that may of been a factor :crazy:
  12. Fozzie Bear Moderator

You know, a Fraggle movie would have been the perfect way to end the series. Wonder why not? Anyhow, I just remembered a letter I got from Steve Whitmire several years ago who said that they had all done Fraggle Rock and while they loved doing those characters they were ready to move on to other projects.
  13. Boober_Gorg Active Member

I sent you an email about these - did you get it?
  14. MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Simon O' Brien

If anyone is interested here's a pic of Simon with Sprocket from a TV magazine.

Hope you like :)

CLICK TO VIEW
  15. Beakerfan Active Member

My thoughts

I think that there would be a bigger market for Fraggle merch if more was in stores. I mean, round here you see an OCCASIONAL Fraggle product, and I would totally buy it if it were worth spending my money on. (teenagers are usually strapped for cash unless they have job) Seriously, all I really ever see are small, overpriced, plushes, and it's kind of annoying. I mean, where are the t-shirts, videos, and that kind of stuff? :eek:
  16. The all knowing New Member

hot topic actually used to have t-shirt of fraggle rock
  17. Frogster Active Member

If you want to see what the fraggle five is up to, go to the Where Are They Now section, as well as the Attention Fraggle Fans. I just put up my story for Boober and Tosh. Hope you guys read it!
  18. Yorick Active Member

In a 2004 post in this thread, someone asked if Gerard Parkes (Doc) is still around - well he was in two films that year, and five years later (2009) he was in the sequel to Boondock Saints, and I can tell from the youtube clip that if they do a Fraggle film, he and Sprocket can open and close the film, kind of like in the show. It doesn't have to be a lot of scenes. It can be done!:D

"Without Gerard as Doc, and Jerry Nelson as Gobo,
    A Fraggle Rock movie to me, is a no-go!"

And even with them aboard, and all the other Fraggle performers still with us, I'm worried that in this day and age, the thoughtful and deep sensibilities the show had would be compromised. I was told that's not an issue because the film is in good hands - so I hope that all turns out to be true if the film happens.

It was interesting to learn how Jim originally didn't expect the last few episodes to have a real feel of ending, because of repeats (which makes sense) but I'm glad he agreed to it, because...talk about pulling on the heart strings - "Change Of Address" is a perfect ending, to me.
  19. Fraggline Active Member

Neat! I'd like a t-shirt, too---maybe with Mokey writing in her diary. Just a few fabric markers away...