1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Animated

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Count von Count, Apr 20, 2008.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But higher ups try to cover the ears of others. :(
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

My question, is do animation cels of these episodes still exist, or were they all thrown away? I heard animation cels are going cheap now a days, but that could just be the Japanese animated ones (which have a history of being cheap).
  4. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Hopefully this doesn't anything bad for the animation industry.
  5. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

Is the voices of the animation Fraggles the same as the puppet Fraggle?
  6. Colbynfriends

Colbynfriends Active Member

nope, there diffrenet actors. one notable one was rob paulson, who plays boober in the animated show. you might also know him from animaniacs as Yakko, and Pinky from Pinky and the Brain
  7. Count von Count

Yes, I love Yakko.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Townsend was Leo, not Mike, in the original TMNT toon.

Also, Rob was the best part ... though I did enjoy Pa sounding like a bad Rowlf. Matt was pretty good, too.

I think I know what mainly weirds me out, besides the VA's and the sense that not a lot of effort went into writing ... the Rock seemed so empty. In the toon, they could show FR and the Gorg's garden what it would probably look like without the muppet-version forced perspective. The Garden, especially, seems way more spacious -- but it would to us, who are incredibly small. However, muppet FR is chock full of Fraggles, Doozers, weird creatures, etc. Animated FR (at least the ep that's on youtube) ... seems almost vacant by comparison. I understand it'd be a pain to draw all the inhabitants ... but ... still...
  9. Drtooth

Ahem... WRONG. Townsend Coleman WAS Mike. Leo was played by Cam Clarke. Trust me on this. I have TMNT curtains in my room.
  10. Count von Count

I trust you. But whats TMNT?
  11. RedPiggy

God, you're right ... Cam is now Simba, etc. SORRY! :halo:
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Whilst Townsend was Mike, Rob was Raph. :D
  13. Count von Count

14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Totally rad, indeed.
  15. GSmiley2007

GSmiley2007 Member

And just so I don't leave him out, Barry Gordon ("Junior" from the Snorks) voiced Donatello in the original TMNT cartoon.
  16. Drtooth

And let's not forget. When Barry Gordon was unavailable, Donatello and Bebop were both voiced by Greg Berg... better known as Baby Fozzie, Baby Scooter, and animated Strangepork.
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

It's ironic that the animated 80's TMNT used a lot of VAs from Henson's various animated incarnations & that Henson's Creature Shop incidentally created the costumes for the first three TMNT films.
  18. Count von Count

That is cool allso!
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And in an ever bigger connection, the Henson-made TMNT MET the Power Rangers (BEFORE the Disney buyout of Saban's ownership over the franchise) in a crossover episode!
  20. RedPiggy

Ugh. The Henson-made turtles died out with the second movie. The third movie was okay. Saban's POS TMNT, however, should have been called ... "Teenagers in Bad Turtle Halloween Costumes". Making Shredder as effective as Lord Zed was excruciating.

So, while Saban's TMNT is BASED on MOVIE-continuity, they are in no way shape or form Henson costumes.