Fraggle Rock Season 1 arrives September 6

jamminjake

Reaction score
Hit was, but no company offered the money they wanted so they are no longer up for sale.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Bonus CD at "Best Buy" only!

In June it was reported that the "Fraggle Rock - Complete First Season" DVD box set would come with a bonus CD-ROM full of all kinds of Fraggle fun. However since this was originally announced, HIT Entertainment has decided to offer this only as a special store exclusive for Best Buy retail stores. The special CD-ROM will included Fraggle Rock desktop themes, screensavers, wallpaper and an all new desktop game called "Fraggle Rock: Jump & Munch". Best Buy will be offering the Fraggle Rock season 1 box set with the exclusive CD-ROM enclosed -- the CD-ROM will not be available anywhere else. So if you want the bonus CD-ROM, be sure to pick up your copy at you local Best Buy, or order your copy from Bestbuy.com.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
WHAT?! Oh man I don't think we have a Best Buy here, can't buy it online because Best Buy dosen't reconize my address? What the hey? Walmart isen't carrying it at all. :cry: Oh well, where'd you hear this from?

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I reserved mine at Suncoast and as a bonus when I pick it up I will recive a free doozer pvc.

Possibly more than one. I asked the guy if I got to pick which one I got and he said sure and if he had extra he'd let me have more than one. They know me at the store and know I'm a big Henson fan.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Squall Leonhart said:
where'd you hear this from?
HIT Entertainment and Best Buy. E-mail either one's customer service and they will tell you that the bonus CD is exclusive only to Best Buy, no where else will have it.

Here is what HIT says when you ask them about it:
"Thank you for contacting us. Best Buy will be offering the Fraggle Rock Season 1 Box Set with an exlusive CD-ROM. The CD-ROM will included desktop themes, screensavers, wallpaper and a game called Jump & Munch. This CD will only be avalible at Best Buy stores.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment."

Best Buy's standard responce on the subject is pretty similar too.

King Prawn

Reaction score
well I was lucky enough to get an advance copy of both Fraggle Rock Season One & Doing What Doozers Do. I have yet to watch both of them but until now i thought i might be able tp provide some cool info.

Apart from a leaflet inside Doing What Doozers Do there's not much i can say about it without watching it. The same Leaflet is found in the FR season One Boxset so more on that later,

The box itself features Uncle Matt on one side and Sprocket on the other plus the Fraggles on the front of the cover have a sort of shine to them. If you feel the box the Fraggle characters as well as the Doozers are bumpy, not quite sure how to explain it.

When you open the box you find eveything inside comes like ppages from a book. Each disc has a picture of a Fraggle and the "page" beside the disc gives you a very detailed summary of each episode found on the disc.

The fifth disc which features Wembely gives us a little more detail on the nex exclusive Fragle Rock cast and crew intervies.

Here's what it has to say:

Get down with Fraggle Rock as you listen to key performers, creators and producers of the show who reunited in early 2005 to discuss the series in exclusive intervies. This feature includes clips from the show, never-before-seen Photos, early drawings of the world of fraggle rock and previousley unreleased excerpts of auditions for the show. Gain insight into the Fraggles' world as the group discusses topics such as the origins of Fraggle Rock, the "muppet way" of puppeteering and more! Others topics include: the casting of the show, the writting and production of the series, and recollections of the puppets workshop.

Sounds really intresting, I can't wait to see it. Unfortunatly I probably wont get around to it till tommorow. So if there's any questions about the set that you'd lik to know let me know and i'll try to answer the best i can.

Ps the Jim Henson replica notebook looks very intresting but it seems like Jim wasn't the tidiest of writers so i'll have to leave that for tommorow too but it looks very intresting

The Woogle World, good thing they changed it to FRAGGLE ROCK!

Edit: I almost forgot abot the little leaflet, sadly I don't really have that much time but it says to check out www.zazzle.com for some cool Fraggle Fun. I'm not sure if it's up yet i havn't checked myself but from what it says here we can make our own cards, t-shirts and posters

lets see what that's about

King Prawn

Reaction score
well I just finished watching the New Fraggle Rock Documentry and I must say I am very pleased, very, very, very pleased. So pleased in fact that for the first time in my life I am going to actually write to a company and thank them for their hard work.

Everyone you'd expect is there (not including Kathy Mullen). It's a very long special feature but that's good, overall i enjoyed it very much especially when Jerry Nelson explained the diffrence between Gobo's voice and Robins I found that very intresting.

At the end of it all Hit was kind enough to give special thanks to the fan by stating that we help keep the magic alive.

I'm very tired so unfortunatly I don't want to go to in deph plus I rather you all see it and enjoy it for yourselfs. Trust me this dvd is worth it for this new documentary on it's own

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Everyone you'd expect is there (not including Kathy Mullen).
Who exactly is there. I would expect Jerry Nelson , Seve Whitmire, Dave Goelz, and Karen Prell (Too bad Kathy Mullen wasn't there.) Anyone else? Jerry Juhl, Gerry Parkes, Cheryl Wagner, any Hensons?