Fraggle Rock Season 2 officially announced

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Wow it's funny this was announced when it was. The night before I was looking around for updates, checked here and Amazon.com and found nothing. At least my timing in that sense is working better, it used to be right after I did that someone died.

I hope the speed this up a little more than just one a year, at this rate the series wont be done until 2009. As for Muppet Show, it wouldn't surprise me if we see an announcement soon about that. Could be a repeat of last season where MS arrives in August and Fraggle Rock arrives in September.

G-MAN

Reaction score
This is cool, and one of my favorite episodes will be on that season set too!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is good news, although I would have rather heard official news about season two of The Muppet Show. In addition to the suggested extras in the news page, it would be great if this set included alternate opening endings with other fraggles besides Boober saying "Down At Fraggle Rock" (there were takes with all five fraggles saying this, but the one with Boober was the only one used regularly. the oens with Gobo and Wembly were used on the show, but the episodes with these scenes had the regular version of the opening with Boober saying "down at fraggle rock" instead). Another great feature would be the 1983 video Fraggle Songs (even though that was already included in the "Where it All Began" DVD) or the 1984 video Doozer Music (that one hasn't been a feature on any DVD yet, not even "Doin' the Things That Doozer's Do").

This is great. We've recently had season one and two of Dinosaurs announced, and we've already had seasons one of Fraggle Rock and The Mupopet Show. What next? Muppet Babies: The Complete First Season? Little Muppet Monsters: The Complete Series? Dog City: The Complete First Season?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!

:smirk: :excited: :smirk:

This made my day. I just read the article Phil posted, and...well...I'm excited!!

And now for my crazy demand list (I couldn't figure out anything else to call it):

* The original theme song would be great. (Those of you unfamiliar with it:http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache..."+"original+opening"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1)

* Since the first set came with a replica of Jim's notebook, how about a replica of Michael Frith's FR book discussed in the new interviews?

* Bloopers

* Photo/Sketch Gallery

* A few interviews with some of the background performers (Go, Terry!), or even fans.

* The isolated audio track is a great idea. Fraggle music is among the best Muppet music.

* Maybe a couple of animated episodes as "Easter Eggs" (since the 3-eps. releases are on hiatus for the rest of the year).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be nice if this set had a special tribute to Jerry Juhl. If there are behind-the-scenes interviews like in the first set, then this would be a great place to discuss Jerry Juhl.

Other topics that should be covered if there is a new documentary:

*episode-specific interviews (maybe for the epsiodes All Work and All Play, A Friend in Need, Uncle Matt returns, and The bells of Fraggle Rock).

*Cotterpin Doozer (this is her first season on the show).

*Whatever happened to Cheryl Wagner (or whoever it was who performed Ma Gorg in the first season).

*Changes in Gobo and Ma Gorg's appearances.

*Doc and Sprocket around the world.

cabbageheat

Reaction score
Great but time to wait

well, this is good news. but wow, September? near the end of this year? that is a heck of a long time to wait, and what an early announcement. . . i was excited at first, but I didn't think we'd have to wait 9 months for the release, seems a bit of a stretch.

time to tick off days in the calendar. . . for a very long time.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Over the weekend, Muppeteer Dave Goelz was the featured guest at a Fraggle Rock theatrical screening in Dallas. He confirmed that The Jim Henson Company has begun scanning the archives for bonus material for the second season box set.
:excited: - that's all I can say :smile: :stick_out_tongue: