1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Season 2 officially announced

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

2. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

:excited: :smirk:

great to finally hear some news on a second season for at least one of the two shows (the other being The Muppet Show). I still remember the first day i bought FR season One. I remember how impressed i was with the bonus features and i'll be sure to pick this one up too although I do wish they'd add some animated Fraggle Rock eps just so i could have everything Fraggle related in 5 nice boxsets.

Lets just see when we get word on TMS season2 i mean Disney has released info for Dinosaurs season 1 & 2 for release on May 2nd this to me means we wont be seeing TMS season 2 anytime before May, hopefully we'll get another august release soon, I want to finally know if they'll be using the Piggy look for the second season cover art
  3. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I too wish the animated episode were all released, but I would rather have them all on a separate smaller 2-disc set. But that could still be five sets. I would like to see the following released:

• Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season (24 episodes)
    • Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season (24 episodes)
    • Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season (22 episodes)
    • Fraggle Rock: Complete Fourth & Fifth Seasons (26 episodes)
    • Fraggle Rock: Complete Animated Series (13 episodes)
    In addition to all the great things Phillip listed in the news article for "bonus feature that we would love to see", I would also like to see the 50-minute "Fraggle Songs" and 15-minute "Doozer Music" sing-along videos (which include specially recorded inserts with Traveling Matt and Cotterpin Doozer) show up on a future set (possibly the slightly smaller third season's DVD set) just because they are great little programs and for completionisms sake to have everything Fraggle on these DVDs.
  4. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I like the idea of all the FR animated shows being released together on one box set but I also wouldn't mind having maybe 7 episodes of the animated series on the Season 4 boxset and the other 6 on the Season 5 boxset just so that each season gets it's own release... but what am I nitpicking for as long as we're able to get them i'll be happy
  5. Kimp the Shrimp

hey at least well get them
  6. getup

getup New Member

i can't be happier about this. as i sat here thinking about the season, i think season 2 is my favorite...it at least has most of my favorite episodes. there are of course favorite episodes of each season, but this has the most. it was a fantastic season and i am counting down the days!
  7. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

220 days!
  8. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

I'm glad they're not just leaving us with only one season set... there's people out there who probably saw Fraggles for the first time and want to see how they evolved. Let's make sure they keep on comin'! :smirk:
  9. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

Hey this is great news! I wasn't much of a FR viewer when I was a kid, which is odd in retrospect because I'm a Canadian Muppet fan (most the eps were filmed in Toronto). I am going to invest in S1 & 2. A couple of years ago I wrote here that I met Terry Angus when I was nine going on 10. There was a photo taken of us, and hearing about this DVD news has reminded me to go looking for it again. I'd love all of you to see it! :)

DB
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering they have a "sneak peak" at the movie, I'm guessing it actually WILL be released?
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Where do they have that?
  12. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Wonderful news!

If the care and attention-to-detail that HIT put into the Season One set is any indication, this should be a fantastic release!

Can't wait!!
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Thank you for contacting us. The DVD Down In Fraggle Rock includes the
    following episodes:

Boober's Dream
    Wembley's Egg
    Red's Blue Dragon

DVD Bonus Features:

Animated Episodes: Gobo's Song and Wembley and the Bemble
    Behind the Scenes with Uncle Traveling Matt
    Fraggle Challenge! (unlocks bonus episode-title available after
    completing challenge)
    Fraggle-oke! Follow the bouncing radish while singing Fraggle songs
    Pingu the Penguin Episode: Pingu and the Doorbell

Also, no information on a season 2 box set is available at this time.

Thank you for your interest in HIT Entertainment.

HIT Entertainment Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:40 PM
    To: Consumer Services
    Subject: Fraggle Rock - video

Message from Peter Nehra (petenehra@juno.com)

Character: Fraggle Rock
    Subject: video

I have two Quetsions?

first is there a fifh FR eps on Down in fraggle rock

and when is Season 2 of Fraggle rock coming out on dvd

computer system. This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security
    System.
  14. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That sounds so cool, I can't wait for the DVD set of the Fraggles season 2. I hope to see the Muppet show as well soon. But right now it's all about Fraggle Rock. Bounes features are all great and nice to have, so whatever features they want to put on is fine by me. I'm just so looking forward to this.
  15. superboober

superboober Member

I wonder if they'd have access and rights to the HBO bumpers for the show, for they're something I'd like to see on a future release as a bonus.
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

This is wonderful. Every Fraggle fan out there should be thanking BlueFrackle daily for the effort he put into getting the ball rolling on the DVDs. As we all predicted, once the first season came out, the sales would speak for themselves. Wonderful.

If only all Henson-related news could be this pleasant...
  17. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Thanks Cantus Rock. I appreciate it!

Im just so glad that the Fraggles got to speak for themselves with the sales!

Heres to Seasons Two, Three, Four and Five!
  18. christinefood

christinefood New Member

yes, can't wait ..
    thanks for the info!

-christine :)
  19. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

I dont know if anyone read my review of meeting Steve Whitmire, but he told me a few things.

Steve once took a home video camera onto the set, He has given the videos to the producer of the DVDs. He also said that he has done interviews in the style of the first set.
  20. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

They'll probably both come out near the same time.

Back on the point, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!