Fraggle Rock Season 2 officially announced

King Prawn

Reaction score
:excited: :smirk:

great to finally hear some news on a second season for at least one of the two shows (the other being The Muppet Show). I still remember the first day i bought FR season One. I remember how impressed i was with the bonus features and i'll be sure to pick this one up too although I do wish they'd add some animated Fraggle Rock eps just so i could have everything Fraggle related in 5 nice boxsets.

Lets just see when we get word on TMS season2 i mean Disney has released info for Dinosaurs season 1 & 2 for release on May 2nd this to me means we wont be seeing TMS season 2 anytime before May, hopefully we'll get another august release soon, I want to finally know if they'll be using the Piggy look for the second season cover art

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
I do wish they'd add some animated Fraggle Rock eps just so i could have everything Fraggle related in 5 nice boxsets.
I too wish the animated episode were all released, but I would rather have them all on a separate smaller 2-disc set. But that could still be five sets. I would like to see the following released:

• Fraggle Rock: Complete First Season (24 episodes)
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Second Season (24 episodes)
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Third Season (22 episodes)
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Fourth & Fifth Seasons (26 episodes)
  • Fraggle Rock: Complete Animated Series (13 episodes)
In addition to all the great things Phillip listed in the news article for "bonus feature that we would love to see", I would also like to see the 50-minute "Fraggle Songs" and 15-minute "Doozer Music" sing-along videos (which include specially recorded inserts with Traveling Matt and Cotterpin Doozer) show up on a future set (possibly the slightly smaller third season's DVD set) just because they are great little programs and for completionisms sake to have everything Fraggle on these DVDs.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I like the idea of all the FR animated shows being released together on one box set but I also wouldn't mind having maybe 7 episodes of the animated series on the Season 4 boxset and the other 6 on the Season 5 boxset just so that each season gets it's own release... but what am I nitpicking for as long as we're able to get them i'll be happy

getup

Reaction score
i can't be happier about this. as i sat here thinking about the season, i think season 2 is my favorite...it at least has most of my favorite episodes. there are of course favorite episodes of each season, but this has the most. it was a fantastic season and i am counting down the days!

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm glad they're not just leaving us with only one season set... there's people out there who probably saw Fraggles for the first time and want to see how they evolved. Let's make sure they keep on comin'! :smirk:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Hey this is great news! I wasn't much of a FR viewer when I was a kid, which is odd in retrospect because I'm a Canadian Muppet fan (most the eps were filmed in Toronto). I am going to invest in S1 & 2. A couple of years ago I wrote here that I met Terry Angus when I was nine going on 10. There was a photo taken of us, and hearing about this DVD news has reminded me to go looking for it again. I'd love all of you to see it! :smile:

DB

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering they have a "sneak peak" at the movie, I'm guessing it actually WILL be released?