Fraggle Rock Season 4 Boxset: 11/3/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Lions Gate, Jim Henson Co. sign distribution deal

SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- The Jim Henson Co. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. said Monday they signed a distribution deal for more than 350 hours of content, including titles such as "Fraggle Rock: The Complete Final Season" and "Fraggle Rock: A Merry Fraggle Holiday."

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The agreement gives Lions Gate North American distribution rights to the content from Jim Henson Co.'s film and TV library, including television series, specials and catalog home entertainment titles.

Lions Gate shares rose 15 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $6.12 in premarket trading.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/08/10/ap6760069.html

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Thank you to those who wrote to Henson asking for this! I know it's been a while, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. I wonder if they will be able to carry over the S4 bonus material (possibly co-owned by HIT) and if Fraggles Look for Jobs will make this stand-alone set.

I also wonder if those 350 hours will allow for a boxed release of the animated series as well.

Can't wait to hear more!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Do not get excited to early. This deal might just be to ensure that they can continue selling the complete boxset. As the article says the deal lets them have access to all of the Henson series/films. I want to see a realease of the 4th season before I will believe it.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the old titles can continue to be sold. The expiration of the HIT contract means they can't do more.

This arrangement clearly shows Henson wants to do more home video, like the holiday title obviously meant for the end of the year. The final season was mentioned because it's a priority; I doubt they'd deliberately leave it unreleased.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It's a little too late for me, but I do hope they actually release season 4 by itself for other shafted fans.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if A Merry Fraggle Holiday will combine The Bells of Fraggle Rock with Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe (which, in my opinion, are the episodes A Festive Fraggle Holiday should have paired).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I wonder if A Merry Fraggle Holiday will combine The Bells of Fraggle Rock with Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe (which, in my opinion, are the episodes A Festive Fraggle Holiday should have paired).
That's what I'm wondering, or is there some unknown, previously unreleased FR Christmas thing I'm unaware of? Or something completely new would be AWESOME :wisdom:

vaati64

Reaction score
YESSSSS! OMG YESSS! This is amazing news! Even though I have purchased the complete series, I will absolutely be purchasing the season 4 stand alone set. This is absolutely amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.