1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Season 4 Boxset: 11/3/2009

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Lions Gate, Jim Henson Co. sign distribution deal

SANTA MONICA, Calif. -- The Jim Henson Co. and Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. said Monday they signed a distribution deal for more than 350 hours of content, including titles such as "Fraggle Rock: The Complete Final Season" and "Fraggle Rock: A Merry Fraggle Holiday."

Financial terms were not disclosed.

The agreement gives Lions Gate North American distribution rights to the content from Jim Henson Co.'s film and TV library, including television series, specials and catalog home entertainment titles.

Lions Gate shares rose 15 cents, or 2.5 percent, to $6.12 in premarket trading.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/08/10/ap6760069.html
  2. Traveling Matt

Thank you to those who wrote to Henson asking for this! I know it's been a while, but hopefully it will be worth the wait. I wonder if they will be able to carry over the S4 bonus material (possibly co-owned by HIT) and if Fraggles Look for Jobs will make this stand-alone set.

I also wonder if those 350 hours will allow for a boxed release of the animated series as well.

Can't wait to hear more!
  3. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

Do not get excited to early. This deal might just be to ensure that they can continue selling the complete boxset. As the article says the deal lets them have access to all of the Henson series/films. I want to see a realease of the 4th season before I will believe it.
  4. Traveling Matt

I'm pretty sure the old titles can continue to be sold. The expiration of the HIT contract means they can't do more.

This arrangement clearly shows Henson wants to do more home video, like the holiday title obviously meant for the end of the year. The final season was mentioned because it's a priority; I doubt they'd deliberately leave it unreleased.
  5. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

It's a little too late for me, but I do hope they actually release season 4 by itself for other shafted fans.
  6. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if A Merry Fraggle Holiday will combine The Bells of Fraggle Rock with Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe (which, in my opinion, are the episodes A Festive Fraggle Holiday should have paired).
  7. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

even better would be something new :D
  8. Traveling Matt

9. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

That's what I'm wondering, or is there some unknown, previously unreleased FR Christmas thing I'm unaware of? Or something completely new would be AWESOME :wisdom:
  10. vaati64

vaati64 Member

YESSSSS! OMG YESSS! This is amazing news! Even though I have purchased the complete series, I will absolutely be purchasing the season 4 stand alone set. This is absolutely amazing!
  11. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So long as I can complete Fraggle Rock by finally buying the Season 3 stand-alone set and now hopefully the Season 4 set, I'm all 4 it.
    :smirk: :coy: :excited:
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

YES! Just when I was about to cave in and sell all my Fraggle DVD's to buy the complete series set this news comes out! This is just great! :excited: I'm not sure if I'll buy A Merry Fraggle Holiday (I assume it'll have "The Bells of Fraggle Rock," "The Perfect Blue Rollie" and some other episode) since it's essentially stuff I've bought before, but this is still very good news!
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Just a heads up on Lionsgate - they did the ALF DVD's - used syndicated transfers, last few seasons had no extra features. They only ever commit to do special features if they are sure the discs will sell big. Hit were definitely the preferred option for Fraggle.

Nice there will be a seperate Fraggle release though.
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

Well, considering Lionsgate released this stuff once before with no problems, I can only hope they continue that with the separate season 4 set.
  15. Traveling Matt

Yes, there's really no reason to believe the S4 episodes will be any different from the Complete Series. The real questions are about what bonus features and/or replica material might be included.
  16. vaati64

vaati64 Member

keep your eyes on tvshowsondvd.com I just talked to Dave over at the website and he said that package art for these two releases is coming within an hour or two.
  17. Traveling Matt

18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

And they used REALLY terrible tapes for Ninja Turtles. They really did. Casey Jones:Outlaw Hero had so many VHS artifacts, you could have sworn it was a bootlegged release.

Great news none the less.... hope this opens doors for the animated series.
  19. Traveling Matt

I thought the first two, maybe three, single Turtles discs looked about as good as they could. I'm not sure what format the masters exist on in the first place, but I don't think daily cartoon shows from that era will ever look stunning. The subsequent volumes and season sets did take a tumble, but reviews I've read seem to indicate the more recent sets look better.

Anyway, I think Lionsgate is preferrable over HIT in this case. What HIT did was unforgivable. There might be as many people kicking themselves now as there were a year ago.
  20. BobThePizzaBoy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.