Fraggle Rock Season 4 Boxset: 11/3/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So long as I can complete Fraggle Rock by finally buying the Season 3 stand-alone set and now hopefully the Season 4 set, I'm all 4 it.
:smirk: :coy: :excited:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
YES! Just when I was about to cave in and sell all my Fraggle DVD's to buy the complete series set this news comes out! This is just great! :excited: I'm not sure if I'll buy A Merry Fraggle Holiday (I assume it'll have "The Bells of Fraggle Rock," "The Perfect Blue Rollie" and some other episode) since it's essentially stuff I've bought before, but this is still very good news!

Luke

Reaction score
Just a heads up on Lionsgate - they did the ALF DVD's - used syndicated transfers, last few seasons had no extra features. They only ever commit to do special features if they are sure the discs will sell big. Hit were definitely the preferred option for Fraggle.

Nice there will be a seperate Fraggle release though.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Just a heads up on Lionsgate - they did the ALF DVD's - used syndicated transfers, last few seasons had no extra features. They only ever commit to do special features if they are sure the discs will sell big. Hit were definitely the preferred option for Fraggle.
Well, considering Lionsgate released this stuff once before with no problems, I can only hope they continue that with the separate season 4 set.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yes, there's really no reason to believe the S4 episodes will be any different from the Complete Series. The real questions are about what bonus features and/or replica material might be included.

vaati64

Reaction score
keep your eyes on tvshowsondvd.com I just talked to Dave over at the website and he said that package art for these two releases is coming within an hour or two.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And they used REALLY terrible tapes for Ninja Turtles. They really did. Casey Jones:Outlaw Hero had so many VHS artifacts, you could have sworn it was a bootlegged release.

Great news none the less.... hope this opens doors for the animated series.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I thought the first two, maybe three, single Turtles discs looked about as good as they could. I'm not sure what format the masters exist on in the first place, but I don't think daily cartoon shows from that era will ever look stunning. The subsequent volumes and season sets did take a tumble, but reviews I've read seem to indicate the more recent sets look better.

Anyway, I think Lionsgate is preferrable over HIT in this case. What HIT did was unforgivable. There might be as many people kicking themselves now as there were a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.