1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Season 4 Boxset: 11/3/2009

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Traveling Matt, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I wonder if the Christmas Toy thing is some kind of documentary or "making of"? Although I don't really want to double dip AGAIN (like I did with the series set) just to get that.
  2. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

:coy: Righteous!

Like many of you, just because I own the box set that was released last year, I will still be snapping up Season 4 as soon as I see it for pre-order on Amazon... Better go check now...

Blast! Not there yet... :smirk:

Think I might pass on the holiday DVD though.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's really great! I'm so glad for the people who didn't get to buy the box set. Just goes to show you never know! ;)

Well I did end up getting the box set when I didn't have to, lol. But then again, I don't regret giving away my individual season sets to my old Preschool. More kids need to see Fraggles! :excited:
  4. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

THATS EXTREMELY AWSOME!

Thank you so much for getting this thread going to get the news out there and showing us a picture. Really awesome. Thanks so much!

On top of this, earlier today i found a Wembly pvc with a musical note in his hand, and Gobo (non car) from Mc Donalds, at a Savers. Which is a huge pre used/owned store... like a giant everyday yard sale.

I bought them... despite the fact that i own Wembly already... this one looks brand new, while my old one has very minimal color wear and is somewhat dirty in the creases... i was a kid who loved playing with my muppety pvc sets :)
  5. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't regret giving my friend-who's-a-boy my season sets either. I felt it was important to share the love, and he seems to like it. :D
  6. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

7. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's how I felt too. :)
  8. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

For the record, I still want season 4! I wasn't about to rebuy the rest of the series for the complete series set and I was pretty upset upon hearing they weren't releasing it right away. I am happy about this and can't wait to see it happen!
  9. vaati64

vaati64 Member

Well, I guess I now have a reason to sell my complete series set. I mean, if they are re-releasing the complete series set, why not just buy it again? I mean, as long as the discs won't be sliding out of place and getting scratched up. I'm not sure how they would fit the discs so they wouldn't have problems, with what they call the "bookshelf look." Unless the discs are in seperate cases, such as with the Family Guy Stewie Head set from amazon.
  10. vaati64

vaati64 Member

Here's something I would like to know, however. Come time to release the re-packaged complete series set, are they going to recall the old set, or just stop making the old set? I guess what I'm asking is, do u think that lionsgate will let you sort of trade in your old set for like a discount or something off of the new re-packaged set? Probably not, but I thought I would ask anyway.
  11. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I assume they'll just keep the old ones on the market anyway. Despite it's shortcomings and my lack of owning it, the complete series set might appeal to some extreme die-hard collectors, I know I liked the binder look of the original even though I didn't own it. You probably would be better off to sell it if you wanted to.
  12. DLGabriel

DLGabriel Active Member

Interesting new development... I suppose for those who haven't already purchased the series set or the previous individual season, the new series set would be the way to go. Personally, I'd like to see some pics of the inner design of both the Season 4 and newly designed series sets before I decide just what one I'll go with.

On a side note; Is anyone else exceptionally disappointed with the abscence of Mokey on the cover of the newly designed series set?
  13. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

It would also be awesome if they released the Animated... They may figure that everyone else owns the other seasons... so why remake them? And with the license, they could do the animated series
  14. vaati64

vaati64 Member

Yes! I sooooo agree!
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm almost certain "Bookshelf" means that the disks will be in separate standard clam shell cases like most DVD's are.
  16. MuppetMazz

MuppetMazz Member

I am. I don't understand why they cut her out. Also, why put that Gobo out there? It's the much less popular version of him I would think.
  17. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Cool. This is a clear attempt to introduce a more efficient, less expensive complete set into the market, which is great. And it's coming the same day as S4. Exactly what should have transpired a year ago.

One concern: neither of these sets appear to include replica material. Based on the new, smaller design of the complete set, it probably couldn't include the full-sized reproduction of the Michael Frith poster.

Either way, it's nice they're going to this sort of effort at all. And it's also nice to know Henson is able to re-issue all the bonus material without HIT.
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

19. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well this is great! I will be picking up season three and four, now!
  20. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.