1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by GelflingWaldo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

It is very common now for final season sets and complete series sets to be released around the same time (or on the same day). HIT's distributor, Lionsgate, is preparing to release both items for Will and Grace on the same day next month. It's quite common now.

And if that's not the way to go, then they release the complete series AFTER the final season. No one does what HIT is doing, which is what makes their decision so strange.

Either HIT isn't very smart (not likely) or they're confident that those who want Season 4 and are willing to wait will do so. And if you're not willing to wait and have to have the complete series set, well hey, they'll be happy too.
  2. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But it's been now about 2 years since A! volume 3 came out. We're still waiting for volume 4. So, the same scenerio could apply to FR, too.
  3. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

they put A! on hold for (at least) 2 reasons... they wanted to get TTA and Freakazoid out, and didn't think people would go for 3 releases at the same time... and the second reason is (and this is an oddity someone told me about earlier this year, or even last year when TTA was a rumor) The Macarana parody used the ACTUAL song (not a sound-a-like, as they usually do), and there's a royaltees hurdle over that one (of course, with the 40 dollar price tags, I never was able to get any of them, so I don't know what happened with "Little Old Lady from Pasadena")

Of course a 3rd reason is WB is freaking loopy, and it doesn't know what the heck its doing half the time...

Personally, I'm more offended Disney isn't bothering to finish any of the TDA cartoons it released up, or The Tick for that matter...
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yes, the melody is just like the real song (and probably is the real thing, hence the hurdle), but the words are distinctly Warner-esque. In fact, compare the Macarena parody to the actual song, and you'd notice subtle differences.
  6. stick

stick New Member

ya i'd like just the 4th season cause i already have 1,2,3. but the whole series set looks great.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This was actually proven by a long time fan of the show and musical schollar. and he even told it to me specifically when I asked him about it. The producers and writers DID use the original song. Same thing with "the Monkey song." And while there are subtle differences, they still got permission and paid for the rights to use that song specifically.

That said, there's no excuse for no announcement of Fosters Home season 3....
  8. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

As much as I like Foster's, it is the only recent CN toon that I've liked.
  9. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

I hope they'll eventually release Season 4.. if not I'll get angry :grouchy:, and you wouldn't like me when I'm angry :grouchy:
  10. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Hulk-esque much? XD But agreed, if they refuse to release season four seperately, many buyers would be upset. ^_^
  11. Traveling Matt

HIT seems to be shying away from their generic response of the past couple weeks and are now addressing the actual concerns of the consumer. According to the comments on Muppet Newsflash, they now say:

12. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Hmm..it sounds like they just switched form letters to me :o. I know for writing companies in the past that that might be just a fancy way of saying they threw your letter into a file never to be seen again *sigh*:(
  13. Traveling Matt

In this case, I don't think so. This is a controversial topic and they actually address the concerns, instead of ignoring them and plugging the complete series in their response.

As we know from the online petition, HIT will listen to consumers. That sounds like what they're doing here. They are aware of this reaction and have acknowledged it. Their next step may be to remedy it.
  14. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I guess I always just sort of don't trust letters from big companies to start with..they can say a lot of things that make it sound like they are doing something...anyway, time will tell I guess :). I hope you are right...
  15. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Agreed. Letters may sound promising, but a majority of the time, the promises fall flat.
  16. Davina

Davina Member

maybe we should all email them and pester them to death til they cave to our demands :) (anyone got their address... hehe)
    I know I will be very disappointed if they don't give us 4/5 seperately. no way i can afford the complete series without then having to sacrifice other muppety products coming out that i really don't want to give up either...
    very annoying of them...
  17. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Very annoying indeed. I'd have to sell my entire game collection that I've spent years to collect to purchase the set if my folks don't allow me to do what I want with my own birthday/Christmas money (because my job money is piddlin').
  18. Traveling Matt

Here are all three methods of contact for HIT Entertainment...

The HIT customer service number is:
    1-866-405-7625

You can write them a letter:
    HIT Entertainment
    Attn: Consumer Relations (Fraggle Rock SEASON SETS)
    P.O. Box 9000
    Allen, Texas 75013

And you can e-mail them:
    consumerrelations@hitentertainment.com
  19. Davina

Davina Member

thanks traveling matt!
    fo rm it's more an issue of tight budget bound to get tighter while hubby is on a soon to be here deployment with the national guard unless i get really lucky and get unexpected christmas money.. *sigh* and even then, there are things that would be more likely to go to first, since we already went to the trouble of buying the first 3 seasons, fully expecting to see the final one this year. how dare they do this to us while we're still dealing with all the other muppet stuff delays elsewhere.... *grumble*
  20. Traveling Matt

Glad to help. I think we're all hoping HIT will realize they're going about this the wrong way (especially in these economic times). There are currently 21, out of 23, scathing reviews of the complete series set on Amazon. And I think HIT has read them.

So hopefully there will soon be a change (even if it's next year).