Fraggles on TV's Family Guy

Teheheman

Reaction score
The creator, maybe, but then again, there were a lot of messed up shows back then. Who can say that they weren't ALL taking a little sump'm sump'm

Daniel

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, that's funny zeldazipple :excited: . I *think*there was an episode where the family is moving into a new house or something and Peter says "There's fraggles under the floorboards!", lol! :smile:

Xela

Reaction score
Ooh, I heard the "Fraggle Iraq" line, and it made me laugh.

Yeah, the creator of Family Guy is like a huge muppets fan, because there are a lot of references in the show. I haven't heard many on American Dad, but then again, I don't really watch that show much..

Drtooth

Reaction score
There have been a few on American DAd.

One episode began with Stan watching Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster talk about sharing. Another had Steve's fat friend have fantasies about Miss Piggy. Another still had Ernie and Bert at a Log Cabin Republican's meeting. Finally, the most current one featured a refference to Maria on Sesame.

I'm a little disappointed that Fraggles have been mentioned in passing, and not used in one of those cut scene things.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
There have been a few on American DAd.

One episode began with Stan watching Elmo, Big Bird, and Cookie Monster talk about sharing. Another had Steve's fat friend have fantasies about Miss Piggy. Another still had Ernie and Bert at a Log Cabin Republican's meeting. Finally, the most current one featured a refference to Maria on Sesame.

I'm a little disappointed that Fraggles have been mentioned in passing, and not used in one of those cut scene things.
Now, THAT would be funny. Since I'm convinced that Seth McFarlene is a member of the board here, why don't we say WE WANT MORE FRAGGLE REFERENCES!!!

Daniel

Foodie

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
Now, THAT would be funny. Since I'm convinced that Seth McFarlene is a member of the board here, why don't we say WE WANT MORE FRAGGLE REFERENCES!!!

Daniel
Only if they're non-trashing references mind you. :smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Foodie said:
Only if they're non-trashing references mind you. :smirk:
It doesn't matter, maybe a reference on Boober working at a laundromat and going crazy, throwing change at the customer and cursing him out. Doesn't matter to me.

Daniel

Foodie

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
It doesn't matter, maybe a reference on Boober working at a laundromat and going crazy, throwing change at the customer and cursing him out. Doesn't matter to me.

Daniel
It matters to me though. I'm weary of the trendy and socially acceptable vulgarity that comprises TV programing these days. I'd rather they leave the shows with substance alone if all that the writers are able to do is associate tired sexual humor to them so they appeal to the slow & impressionable minds that folks like to sport nowadays.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Can't anybody just be happy with a reference now-in-days? At least they're referencing this instead of not doing anything with it. I personally think that if everything was wholesome and meant for a higher class of sofisticates, than nobody would watch it because it doesn't represent Joe Everyman. Besides, the only substance that the Fraggles are associated with are the stuff that people claim make it more interesting if you know what I mean :wink:

Daniel

DavidRock

Reaction score
Actually, I just remembered Miss Piggy was referenced in an episode of American Dad...a character Barry revealed he was in love with her and she appeared like a ghost to him. :flirt: