Fraggles on TV's Family Guy

Foodie

Reaction score
Teheheman said:
I personally think that if everything was wholesome and meant for a higher class of sofisticates, than nobody would watch it because it doesn't represent Joe Everyman. Besides, the only substance that the Fraggles are associated with are the stuff that people claim make it more interesting if you know what I mean :wink:

Daniel
That is a terrible view on things man. I pity you if that's how you or anyone actually feels. That defeats the whole intent of Fraggle Rock. Did everyone but me watch the show with the mute stuck on or something? Gads! :smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I watched it without the mute button on, but there comes a time when some people as adults wonder if Jim Henson was on drugs when he thought of this. It's kinda funny to take things out of their element. Like Mr. Rogers cursing, or Sam the Eagle going to nightclubs to pick up women or putting Kermit in the south as a character from Deliverence(which they did beautifully). My point is, that if you take people or things out of their element, sometimes it's funny. Other times, if you put the things that they love and put them in the occupation(Boober as a laundromat owner) that could be funny as well. It's all how you look at it.

Daniel

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Somehow I dont see them making a cut scene for Fraggle Rock. not enough people remember it well enough. Sure they remember the name of the show, and they remember watching it, but how many can name characters, or what they were like? I'm talking about people you run into on the street, rather than people like us who are huge nerds. Frankly I don't think the fandom is big enough; not enough people would get it.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
^^^Well, there was a fraggle reference on "Friends" once. That was awesome.

Teheheman said:
there comes a time when some people as adults wonder if Jim Henson was on drugs when he thought of this.
I think it's kind of sad and uncreative when people do that. Some people think Lewis Carroll must have been on drugs when he came up with "Alice in Wonderland". Jeez...it's called "originality", "imagination", "creativity", people...:rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
I think it's kind of sad and uncreative when people do that. Jeez...it's called "originality", "imagination", "creativity", people...:rolleyes:
I know! I mean, I"m sure people have occasionally been inspired by a drug trip, but very rarely are these inspirations useable the next day. (No, I have never done drugs, I've just done research.)

To give all the credit to drugs is belittling the creative potential of the human mind.

Of course, sometimes it's just used as a joke, we understand that. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah, but sometimes, you look at the era in which some of these people were in, and you think "Man, they got messed up" I mean, it was the 60s-70s. A lot of people were experimenting with various things. I'm not saying that ALL of them were on drugs, but if you look at Alice in Wonderland, that man seems to either have a lot of imagination, or was doped up. Though, I will give em credit if they were because they used that to their advantage the next day. Writing and producing some of the greatest works of our time.

Daniel

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Well I don't know about that. I mean I write and say some pretty wild stuff and I never touched drugs in my life, just read a lot about it. I had someone discribe to me once what it was lke to be on ascid, they said it was like the colours melting off of things.
I wanted to get an idea what it might be like to see the world with the colours all messed up so I put on a pair of 3D glasses the old school kind with the red and blue lenses, and that gave me an idea what it might have been like.
And another friend of mine said if you use mushrooms you can see mermaids in the lava lamps. I used to own a lava lamp, and would imagine mermaids swimming in it.
I'm sure a lot of the artwork of the 60's were imspired by drug use but I don't think all of it was. Jim probably got some of his phycidelic ideas from the style that was around at the time. Seeing that colour TV was still fairly new so ofcourse you wanted to overassageerate the colour. If Jim was really into drugs he would be too out of it to create anything, but this is just my opinion.

Teheheman said:
Yeah, but sometimes, you look at the era in which some of these people were in, and you think "Man, they got messed up" I mean, it was the 60s-70s. A lot of people were experimenting with various things. I'm not saying that ALL of them were on drugs, but if you look at Alice in Wonderland, that man seems to either have a lot of imagination, or was doped up. Though, I will give em credit if they were because they used that to their advantage the next day. Writing and producing some of the greatest works of our time.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Somehow I dont see them making a cut scene for Fraggle Rock. not enough people remember it well enough. Sure they remember the name of the show, and they remember watching it, but how many can name characters, or what they were like? I'm talking about people you run into on the street, rather than people like us who are huge nerds. Frankly I don't think the fandom is big enough; not enough people would get it.
I don't know about that. They made some pretty obscure refferences in that show before. They had a refference to the "Hanker for a hunka cheese" guy. Not to mention the York Peppermint Patty ad. Besides, it's from the 80's time slot most of their refferences come from. I'm just disappointed they only had one Ninja Turtles refference, and that's when Mayor West was watching it on television. They just played a small segment of the theme song, and didn't show it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
zeldazipple said:
I'm sure a lot of the artwork of the 60's were imspired by drug use but I don't think all of it was. Jim probably got some of his phycidelic ideas from the style that was around at the time. Seeing that colour TV was still fairly new so ofcourse you wanted to overassageerate the colour. If Jim was really into drugs he would be too out of it to create anything, but this is just my opinion.
I think that's right. The whole idea of what psychedelic looks like has been ingrained in our minds, so a lot of artists use that imagery.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
i dunno if i said n e thing here.. thought i did but its no where in sight...

i dont think they should keep making refference to the Fraggles. Its a show about Family Guy, not a show based on spoofin Fraggles... so to make refference to the same thing so many times.. it kinda gets boring.

Its nice to see things like Cookie, or kermit... but when u keep doing it... the "coolness" is gone. Like its awsome that they mentioned it the first time and surprising.. but then they did it again n its getting old... anyone else understand?

I guess it would be nice to actually see them for once... but thats it... end it there. If its an on going thing it dies down.