Frank Oz in EIG

cahuenga

Reaction score

I think its clear its not Frank performing. Frank stopped to perform his characters more regulary after the first season of Muppets tonight, in the episodes taped for the second season there are only two sketches made by Frank, an Fozzie Hospital EIORR for the cameo show and an eagles nest fot the Daryl Hannah show, this sketches were taped on the season one time.

mupcollector1

Reaction score

I think its clear its not Frank performing. Frank stopped to perform his characters more regulary after the first season of Muppets tonight, in the episodes taped for the second season there are only two sketches made by Frank, an Fozzie Hospital EIORR for the cameo show and an eagles nest fot the Daryl Hannah show, this sketches were taped on the season one time.
I can totally tell that's Kevin performing Miss Piggy, really great timing and performing. The Animal clip is hard to tell. I know that both is Frank's voices.
Anyway, thanks for posting those clips. I MISS MUPPETS TONIGHT! GREAT SHOW! I want Disney to release the complete series on DVD and iTunes. I grew up with Muppets Tonight as well as The Muppet Show reruns on Nickelodeon in the 1990s. I know there's some people who didn't enjoy Muppets Tonight but as for me, it places a special place in my heart and childhood. :smile:

UPDATE: I just noticed the Sandra Bullock clip was posted, yep that's Kevin performing and doing the voice of Animal. Kevin does a very good Animal.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'd just love to chat about what happened during the process of the film and everything but that's a discussion for another threat which I think is already created awhile back if not several. lol
Sorry I meant that it's a discussion for another thread. I wish I could edit that. DARN!

Anyway,
Speaking of Frank, is he still directing movies? Latest thing I've notice was that he was promoting the Little Shop of Horrors Blu-Ray on The Colbert Report.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
That is really cool! :smile: Thanks for posting! :smile:

Though the one with Nigel I didn't remember seeing. Must have been footage that was cut from the US airing. I remember noticing that a lot of the episodes had extra UK spots and gags edited for time in the US airings, like The Muppet Show.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Two more rare whatnots from Frank Oz in the nineties. One blue monster in a sketch with Zoe and a Jar bearded character from Muppet trasure Island.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let me clear some things up:
  • Animal in the Heather Locklear ep. - not Kevin, it's Frank doing puppetry and voice
  • The mug in MTI - not Frank either
  • Blue monster in that SST bit - Kevin, not Frank