Frank Oz in EIG

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wonder if he would return to MT if there were made more seasons...waht do you think?
I don't know. I remember Frank was asked I think while he was at the Sci Fi Awards last year if we would write a Muppet Movie and he replied "I would if they'd ask me." which I thought was interesting. Frank doesn't seem to be directing another movie from what I know. He directed an episode of a drama show from what I've seen credited on the internet somewhere. I'd love Frank to come back to The Muppets.

Yeah, Muppets Tonight should have continued. From The Balcony for some of the sketches sort of had a Muppets Tonight feel to them a little bit. Like there was this sketch where Superman had an overdue video rental and this surfer voiced ponytail employee was making fun of the fact that he's wearing his underwear outside his pants or something like that. I haven't seen it in awhile but it was really funny. I liked it.

Though what I don't understand is that Pepe is the only Muppet that was created for MT that's still continuing. Lots of fans like Pepe though I'm not a Pepe fan. If he was with Semore I won't mind as much. I liked Andy and Randy much better, same with Johnny Fiama and Sal. Really funny characters. I hope Disney releases Muppets Tonight the complete series on DVD and iTunes, I felt it was the closest thing to Jim's work with The Muppets and Muppet humor even though Frank's characters were rarely seen. Plus there was episodes where Kermit wasn't on there, so if I had any complaints it would be Kermit should have been on there more and Clifford should have had his trademark glasses. Other then that, great show. :smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
More Frank Oz one note characters on Muppets Tonght.

So the question is why did Frank Oz perform those random one note characters in MT, but not Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, and Sam the Eagle?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I can totally tell that's Kevin performing Miss Piggy, really great timing and performing. The Animal clip is hard to tell. I know that both is Frank's voices.
Anyway, thanks for posting those clips. I MISS MUPPETS TONIGHT! GREAT SHOW! I want Disney to release the complete series on DVD and iTunes. I grew up with Muppets Tonight as well as The Muppet Show reruns on Nickelodeon in the 1990s. I know there's some people who didn't enjoy Muppets Tonight but as for me, it places a special place in my heart and childhood. :smile:

UPDATE: I just noticed the Sandra Bullock clip was posted, yep that's Kevin performing and doing the voice of Animal. Kevin does a very good Animal.
I can tell (100% sure) that Animal is not being performed by Frank Oz, but for some reason when I first watched Piggy on the Andie MacDowell episode I didn't hear Kevin Clash doing here, but it was loud in the room when I watched it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't know. I remember Frank was asked I think while he was at the Sci Fi Awards last year if we would write a Muppet Movie and he replied "I would if they'd ask me." which I thought was interesting. Frank doesn't seem to be directing another movie from what I know. He directed an episode of a drama show from what I've seen credited on the internet somewhere. I'd love Frank to come back to The Muppets.

Yeah, Muppets Tonight should have continued. From The Balcony for some of the sketches sort of had a Muppets Tonight feel to them a little bit. Like there was this sketch where Superman had an overdue video rental and this surfer voiced ponytail employee was making fun of the fact that he's wearing his underwear outside his pants or something like that. I haven't seen it in awhile but it was really funny. I liked it.

Though what I don't understand is that Pepe is the only Muppet that was created for MT that's still continuing. Lots of fans like Pepe though I'm not a Pepe fan. If he was with Semore I won't mind as much. I liked Andy and Randy much better, same with Johnny Fiama and Sal. Really funny characters. I hope Disney releases Muppets Tonight the complete series on DVD and iTunes, I felt it was the closest thing to Jim's work with The Muppets and Muppet humor even though Frank's characters were rarely seen. Plus there was episodes where Kermit wasn't on there, so if I had any complaints it would be Kermit should have been on there more and Clifford should have had his trademark glasses. Other then that, great show. :smile:
Bobo originated on MT and he's still being used, he was the 2011 film and LGATMHS. Big Mean Carl is still popular in the background, and Captain Pighead and Carter will be at the wedding in MMW. Also Johnny, Sal, Andy, and Randy have appeared as recently as 2010.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So the question is why did Frank Oz perform those random one note characters in MT, but not Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, and Sam the Eagle?
Because, when you have someone available on the day of shooting, they'll inevitably wind up playing a character to fill out a scene.

The only real question is what the shooting schedual for MT was. Did they do it segment by segment, or did they film the episode's worth of segments at once?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that is Frank's Animal in second clip that Cahuenga posted because he sounds different there than in the first one which is Kevin's from the Sandra Bullock episode.

Also, I have seen that Frank isn't credited on the Andie McDowell episode where Kevin performed Piggy. Yet, it does sound like Frank's Piggy voice there. Can anyone confirm that Frank did loop in the dialogue there or was Kevin really that good?