Frank Oz in EIG

cahuenga

Reaction score
Let me clear some things up:
  • Animal in the Heather Locklear ep. - not Kevin, it's Frank doing puppetry and voice
  • The mug in MTI - not Frank either
  • Blue monster in that SST bit - Kevin, not Frank
In MTI its clearly Frank, in the other its Frank for me too..

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Two more rare whatnots from Frank Oz in the nineties. One blue monster in a sketch with Zoe and a Jar bearded character from Muppet trasure Island.

That is so strange that you posted that Muppet Treasure Island clip. So Ironic, I walked away from a computer for a little bit to get a drink and I was thinking of that very scene from Muppet Treasure Island and just how funny the talking mug is and how it relates to Muppet Humor how anything can come to life like singing food. So ironic that you posted that, I was thinking of that very clip less then 5 minutes ago. lol :smile:

cahuenga

Reaction score
That is so strange that you posted that Muppet Treasure Island clip. So Ironic, I walked away from a computer for a little bit to get a drink and I was thinking of that very scene from Muppet Treasure Island and just how funny the talking mug is and how it relates to Muppet Humor how anything can come to life like singing food. So ironic that you posted that, I was thinking of that very clip less then 5 minutes ago. lol :smile:
And what do you think? its Frank or not? I think its clearly his voice...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In MTI its clearly Frank, in the other its Frank for me too..
Neither of those are Frank. Trust me, I have a lot of experience in Muppeteer ID-ing. If anyone, the mug sounds more like Dave than Frank.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Neither of those are Frank. Trust me, I have a lot of experience in Muppeteer ID-ing. If anyone, the mug sounds more like Dave than Frank.
Thats your opinion , but I consider me a good voice recognizer, and my opinion its that it is Frank!

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Trust me, I have a lot of experience in Muppeteer ID-ing.
Same here, I'm really good at ID-ing puppetry movement and performance. It's kind of hard to explain through words and text because it's noticing something very visual. Especially when a Muppeteer performs a character of someone else's voice. For example when Christopher Cerf does a vocals of a Sesame Muppet in a musical number.

I thought the Blue monster almost sounded like Frank but I guess it could be Kevin. I just checked again, I think it is Kevin and the Mug is the voice of Tim Curry. Muppeteer I'm not sure who it is, I don't think it would be Frank since he was very busy around that time and could do only a few recording of performance and voice dub for the movie.

cahuenga

Reaction score
But it depends on who is really puppetering the character and who is voicing him. I can really recognize a Character performed phisically by Jerry Nelson, on Martin Shorts episode of MT, Jhonny´s Ma is clearly performed physically and by voice By Jerry, and on the Daryl Hannah episode I think its Jerrys voice but not puppetering, because its not Jerrys mannerisims on the puppet and its more active in terms of movement. And in certain season two episodes same with Statler . Its the same on Frank characters being performed by someone else while Frank dubbed the voices, Frank mannerisims are very recognizeable for me, and I can tell when he is performing the puppet or not. Its very clear in MFS.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I wonder if he would return to MT if there were made more seasons...waht do you think?