Frank Oz: "New Muppets Too Cute"

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I had a couple of Muppet slumps over the years, the worst being in my teens when I foolishly decided to toss some of my Muppet collectibles away, and also during the time of Muppets Tonight!/MFS etc. again, still following and watching the shows and movies, but not really being "into" it.
Wow and I thought I was bad! Lol! Yeah in my teens I thought I was too good for The Muppets. I sold my Muppet babies when my parents had a yard sale I was so sure I didn't want them anymore. Oh how I regret that decision now! :cry:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If Disney's doing such a great job with the Muppets, how come it's been like 4 years since Season 3 of the Muppet Show came out and we haven't gotten the last two seasons on DVD? If Disney was doing such a great job, they would've RAN with the opportunity when the new film came out to get the rest of the show out on DVD.
Umm...copyright issues have more to do with that. So I don't totally put Disney at fault for that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Melissa has a point... the last we heard anything, the release of Season Four was delayed to tie-in with the movie (after it was supposed to be released 2010)... well, the movie's been out in theaters, is currently out on DVD and blu-ray, so where's Season Four on DVD?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't think any of us here including me could prove that any other approach to this film would've been a bomb. The point is, typical Disney went with the "safe" option.
No there's no proof of it but it wasn't a risk that would've been worth taking by just putting out some random Muppet movie IMO. The film served the purpose that it wanted to do and that was relaunch the franchise and get The Muppets back to where they belong. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to see kids in stores now when there is Muppet stuff on the shelf and they know who Kermit is. To me that shows the movie did it's job. A whole new generation NOW KNOWS who The Muppets are.

And now that the serious movie is out of the way now we can look forward to the fun filled Muppet comedy films we all know and love.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Melissa has a point... the last we heard anything, the release of Season Four was delayed to tie-in with the movie (after it was supposed to be released 2010)... well, the movie's been out in theaters, is currently out on DVD and blu-ray, so where's Season Four on DVD?
Who knows the issues on that front. Frankly I am still holding faith the remaining two will see a DVD release but yeah as much as I hate to admit I think Dr. Tooth was right in saying that's more then likely not happening anytime soon if any.

Besides seems like Disney is focused on the blu-ray/combo of MCC release coming in Nov.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
No there's no proof of it but it wasn't a risk that would've been worth taking by just putting out some random Muppet movie IMO. The film served the purpose that it wanted to do and that was relaunch the franchise and get The Muppets back to where they belong. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to see kids in stores now when there is Muppet stuff on the shelf and they know who Kermit is. To me that shows the movie did it's job. A whole new generation NOW KNOWS who The Muppets are.

And now that the serious movie is out of the way now we can look forward to the fun filled Muppet comedy films we all know and love.
I agree. Melissa's point on the whole "Typical Disney took the safe route" is completely moot.

The had to make the movie we got in order for the franchise to get relaunched.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Who knows the issues on that front. Frankly I am still holding faith the remaining two will see a DVD release but yeah as much as I hate to admit I think Dr. Tooth was right in saying that's more then likely not happening anytime soon if any.
(sigh) If only someone here would get the hint and contact The Muppets Studio and/or talk to Lyelle Brier to find out the official reason for the hold-up, like they did during the two-year gap between the Season 1 and Season 2 sets! :mad: :frown: :cry:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I agree. Melissa's point on the whole "Typical Disney took the safe route" is completely moot.

The had to make the movie we got in order for the franchise to get relaunched.
I wouldn't say Melissa's point is moot. And I'm not even saying her reasonings are wrong. I was just saying in my personal opinion of why JASON NOT DISNEY took the nostialigic root and not just a new random Muppet movie. Just because I don't fully agree with Melissa's views on the film doesn't mean she's wrong. I do agree with her point on the TMS but I still don't feel Disney is totally at fault for not releasing the remaining two seasons.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I'm not saying Disney's completely at fault for the Muppet Show holdup. I know a lot of things get shuffled around with DVD releases: I work in the industry, and things are constantly being re-marketed, there's the possible copyright issue like Pinkflower said. I just was real surprised that if Disney really wanted to support and push the Muppets as a franchise, that they didn't push for these releases to coincide with either the movie coming out in theaters, or when it came to DVD.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Melissa's point is moot. And I'm not even saying her reasonings are wrong. I was just saying in my personal opinion of why JASON NOT DISNEY took the nostialigic root and not just a new random Muppet movie. Just because I don't fully agree with Melissa's views on the film doesn't mean she's wrong. I do agree with her point on the TMS but I still don't feel Disney is totally at fault for not releasing the remaining two seasons.
Thank you. I don't think anyone's point here is "moot" or illogical. We all have different opinions, and that's fine.