Frank Welker as Kermit

lowercasegods

Reaction score
The animated segments of Little Muppet Monsters were basically cartoon re-creations of old Muppet Show sketches, in theme, at least, if not directly borrowing plots and scripts. Pigs in Space, Muppets Labs and so on were seen in cartoon form, which was a novelty, but hardly original, and, as we've said, without the original Muppet performers doing the voices. The main deviation from this was the first episode where Kemit plays a Sam Spade-type of detective, and Piggy comes into his office as sort of a femme fatale. That was kind of a new idea, but still, the highlight of the show was the actual puppetry.
And it's understandable that you'd think the adult animated Muppets were voiced by the original performers. Frank Welker is a voice-acting genius who surpasses even Mel Blanc and is neck and neck with Jerry Nelson in talent comparisons. So he and the rest of the cast were extremely adept at recreating already famous voices. Frank Welker's impression of Jerry "Curly" Howard, for example (heard in the 1970's Hanna Barbera cartoon character Jabberjaw) is beyond belief and dead on.

Mario

Reaction score
Frank Welker is my favorite voice actor ever! I love what he has done, especially Abu! When I was watching a new commercial for the Pillysbury Dough Boy, I was thinking, "That voice sounds familiar." And, I finally realized that it sounded just like Baby Kermit from Muppet Babies. Can anyone verify that it is Frank Welker? Because if they can, my mom would owe me a huge apology, :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Frank doesn't do too many commercials these days (he used to be the voice of Grimace from McDonalds and one of the Snap, Crackle & Pop elves), but it's certainly a possibility that he's the new voice of The Pillsbury Dough Boy. I checked out a couple websites and couldn't find any listing for the commercial, but if I were you I'd try to find something on Google. I'm sure something will come up.

Xerus

Reaction score
Yes, Frank Welker is definitely one of the most talented voice actors since 1969 as is still going on strong.

And he can do any animal sound you can think of. Mainly, whenever a studio needs some animal noises, they hire Frank. He usually does the woofs for Santa's Little Helper on the Simpsons. And the alien, Nibbler, on Futurama. And I heard he did the growls of that vicious snake on Annaconda.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
He also voiced the "Nazi monkey" in Raiders of the Lost Ark. On a related note, if anyone's seen Disney's Lilo and Stitch, they may have originally believed that Frank was the voice of Stitch (I know I did at first). As it turns out, however, the voice was done by the film's director, who was sort of ripping off Frank's style. From what I read, Frank was none too pleased about it, either. Just thought you might find that interesting.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I was reading that imdb about Frank Welker and it says soemthing about him doing Eliot from Pete's Drangon about a movie or speical? Was this a "House Of Mouse" or a moive put out to buy? Could someone help me plase?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Disney's making an animated film (whether it's direct to video or theatrical I'm not sure) revolved around a plot to kidnap Mickey Mouse, and Basil of Baker Street (from The Great Mouse Detective) is put on the case to find him. Almost every conceivable Disney character, from Donald Duck to Baloo the Bear and all points inbetween, will be featured in this movie, including Elliot from Pete's Dragon. In the original film, Elliot was voiced by comedian Charlie Callas (with additional roars and growls provided by the late great voice artist Candy Candido). However, it would seem that either Charlie is retired or in no fit shape to voice Elliot a second time, since Frank Welker's taking over the voice for this movie. For fan's of Elliot, this will be a real treat to see him, as he hasn't been used since his appearance his 1977 movie (to the best of my knowledge). Hope this helps.

Xerus

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
He also voiced the "Nazi monkey" in Raiders of the Lost Ark. On a related note, if anyone's seen Disney's Lilo and Stitch, they may have originally believed that Frank was the voice of Stitch (I know I did at first). As it turns out, however, the voice was done by the film's director, who was sort of ripping off Frank's style. From what I read, Frank was none too pleased about it, either. Just thought you might find that interesting.
Yes, very interesting. At first, I too thought Frank had voiced Stitch. Then found out I was wrong later. Yes, that does sound like one of Frank's popular voices. Almost like Slimer from the Real Ghostbusters and Go-Go Dodo from Tiny Toons. Two unforgettable Frank voices.

Erine81981

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Disney's making an animated film (whether it's direct to video or theatrical I'm not sure) revolved around a plot to kidnap Mickey Mouse, and Basil of Baker Street (from The Great Mouse Detective) is put on the case to find him. Almost every conceivable Disney character, from Donald Duck to Baloo the Bear and all points inbetween, will be featured in this movie, including Elliot from Pete's Dragon. In the original film, Elliot was voiced by comedian Charlie Callas (with additional roars and growls provided by the late great voice artist Candy Candido). However, it would seem that either Charlie is retired or in no fit shape to voice Elliot a second time, since Frank Welker's taking over the voice for this movie. For fan's of Elliot, this will be a real treat to see him, as he hasn't been used since his appearance his 1977 movie (to the best of my knowledge). Hope this helps.
But it said 2004? Its already 2005. Can you explain this too?