Frank Welker as Kermit

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
But it said 2004? Its already 2005. Can you explain this too?
All I can offer here is a semi-educated guess. Since Disney pretty much fired off its entire hand-drawn animation staff last year in order to shift the company towards total computer generated animation, it probably proved to be a serious setback for production of "The Search for Mickey Mouse." They probably had to send the film off to France or Australia to be completed by one of Disney's overseas animation units, which I assume haven't been entirely shut down yet.

So one of two things is going to happen at this point: Although a bit off schedule (it was due out Feb. of last year), "The Search for Mickey Mouse" will be released on video/DVD around some major gift-buying holiday this year, or the entire project will get buried. The second one would be a rare occurance for Disney, who, to my knowledge, always finishes what they start, animation-wise. But the first possibility seems pretty likely, though there's always hope of it ending up on the big screen yet. After all, "Toy Story II" was originally intended as straight to video, and look how that got turned around, and with Oscar nominations, no less.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Man, I knew he was big, but I didn't realize he was this revered. Frank Welker is the frieakin' man. :cool:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Speaking exclusively in modern terms, the three greatest male vocal artists of the day are Frank Welker (whose resume needs no mention in this forum), Jim Cummings (The Tazmanian Devil, Tigger, Bonkers D. Bobcat) and Maurice LeMarche (The Brain, Egon Spengler, Squit Pigeon). The three greatest female vocal artists are June Foray (Witch Hazel, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha Fatale) Tress MacNeille (Dot Warner, Gadget, Kanga) and Nancy Cartwright (Bart Simpson, Rufus, Chuckie). And June Foray is the last of the surving members of the golden age of voice actors, having done her first voice work back in 1950 as Lucifer the Cat in Disney's Cinderella.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I got more interested in Frank because of this thread, so I went looking around and found this. It's a well put together site, but interestingly enough, it doesn't credit him doing the voices of the animated adult Muppets from Little Muppet Monsters, so lowercasegods, not meaning to be so outright doubtful and defiant, but is there anything online to confirm what you remember?
Frank Welker Homepage

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I've seen this site and it's pretty cool. As to having anything to confirm Frank voicing the adult animated Muppets on Little Muppet Monsters, I regret that I have no evidence outside of my having repeatedly viewed the credits for the show and having seen that Frank did indeed do the voice. I've been a "voice chaser" (someone who tracks down info on voice actors) my whole life, and I do my homework on things like this. I tried to find printed evidence for my case, but neither IMDB nor any other site I can find has any lisiting for any of the voices on Little Muppet Monsters, only Muppet Babies. Most likely, all voice actor credits for the show posted anywhere online have been slapped together with the Muppet Babies credits, making them indistinguishable. All I can say is that when and if Little Muppet Monsters is released on DVD, then the facts will be made public. Until then, all I have is my word. No one out there is obligated to take my word as gospel. But I know what I know, so take it for what it's worth.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Along with Gelfling Waldo, I was always under the belief that the original Muppeteers voiced their respective animated counter parts. IMDB.com also does not credit Mr. Welker for the Little Muppet Monsters.
On an a plus note for Mr. Welker; he has an amazing resume at imdb.com that you should check out here.
Wow, this guy is a god!!

Mario

Reaction score
About Disney not cancelling things that they begin, their is a whole book (literally, I borrowed it from the llibray a couple days ago, :smile: ) on the Disney that never was. But, as I've currently heard, the Search For Mickey Mouse is on for production still, that is for now. And, about Frank Welker voicing Santa's Little Helper, I think I read that it was Dan Castelleneta(spelling?), that did the dog, but I could be wrong. And, I disagree about Nancy Cartwright being one of the best, I think that she's terrible! She ruins movies for me when she's in them. For my list, I'd have Dan Castelleneta, Frank Welker, and Hank Azaria. But, that's just my opinion. :smile:

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinions, and honestly, there's so many talented voice artists out there that it's really hard to just pick three. Billy West (Stimpy, Fry), for example, is quickly becoming a real giant in the field. As for Santa's Little Helper, The Simpson's people switch off between Frank and Dan. Though nobody can beat Frank for animal sound effects, particularly dogs, I figure they find it easier to just use Dan, who's talented in his own right, to handle the dog when Frank's not readily available.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
All I can say is that when and if Little Muppet Monsters is released on DVD, then the facts will be made public.
I eagerly anticipate that day, my friend.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Ditto to that. I LOVED Little Muppet Monsters back in the day. The main thing I recall about the girl monster was that she liked "Crunching things." As a kid that sort of personality quirk really appealed to me, especially since I liked crunching things, too. I'm also a HUGE comic book fan (being a cartoonist, I suppose it's a given), and I came across some of my old STAR Comic Books (the line which ran such Muppet comic books as Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies and The Muppets Take Manhattan one shot). Around 1985 or '86 when Little Muppet Monsters premiered, they ran a double page spread advertising CBS' Saturday Morning line up, and they did cartoon illustrations of each of the shows, including Little Muppet Monsters. The illustrations were pretty weak (they gave Kermit's eyes a plain ol' black dot rather than his black dot with a line crossed through it, for Pete's sake!), but it was a cool reminder to those of us Muppet fans who actually enjoyed the show in its extremely brief run.