Frank Welker as Kermit

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Truly one of the giants of the industry him and Tress MacNeille are in a league of their own in my opinion. Their portfolio is just amazing.

In the last year or so I've really taken an active interest in the field and especially those two because every cartoon I listen to I can find them in it somewhere.

The one thing I do disagree with is Stitch being a rip off of Welker's voices. There are so many voices that are similar to that one {including one's I use} that are done by people ranging from Welker to Howie Mandell to Dave Coulier to several others.

What the issue likely comes down to is finding the right pitch. For example I'll give an example of several characters I can do whose only difference is a slight change in pitch. They are voiced by several actors mind you:

Slimer, Baby Animal, Skeeter, Bobby from Bobby's World, Stitch, and Meatwad.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I can't disagree. The "Stitch" voice (for lack of a better term) is pretty universal amongst voice artists, and I've known plenty of average Joes off the street who can pull off a decent replica as well. I can do an okay version of it myself. So if I said the "Stitch" director was ripping off Frank, that was probably unfair, since everyone from Frank to Dave Coulier to Howie Mandel can and has done it. But I'm pretty sure Frank did it first, and beyond a shadow of a doubt, does it best.

McFraggle

Reaction score
MustangRockstar said:
What the issue likely comes down to is finding the right pitch. For example I'll give an example of several characters I can do whose only difference is a slight change in pitch. They are voiced by several actors mind you:

Slimer, Baby Animal, Skeeter, Bobby from Bobby's World, Stitch, and Meatwad.
I agree, there is not too much difference at all between those voices. :smile: