Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Jamie, it's good to know that you're keeping count of these things. Keep it up, and you might just make honorary Countkeeter status with your own froggy badge and everything.

Drtooth, guess you never saw nor at least have any recollection of the episode where the SS gang went to the NYC zoo outside of Sesame Street's boundaries from the set itself. I distinctly remember from when I had better sight the end of that episode and everybody hurrying to the station to catch the subway train back to Sesame, either that or the bus. Not sure if the subway station was at least implied back then. Anyway, I remember Oscar inside his can walking along this sort of fence's sidewalk, and you saw the can lifted up with Oscar's feet sticking out. Me thinks Mikealan has a copy of this episode, best talk to him to see if you can get a copy.
Hope this helps and have a haunted night.

beaker

Reaction score
I understand the need for perfectionism...Ive been a diehard Muppet/Sesame collector for over two decades(Im not that old, really!) but man...

does anyone remember a time on MC when modern Sesame figures(heck non kiddy Sesame anything?) was but a feverish dream?

In your wildest dreams, did you ever think that by 2004 we woul dhave figures of some of the most obscure Muppet, Sesame, and Fraggle characters ever?
Man, just sit back and relax...and be up in arms about the real travesty(Muppet Wizard of Oz)

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There are plenty of times when we've seen Oscar's feet beneath the can. Asking whether Oscar will be sculpted in can seems quite reasonable to me. It will matter a LOT to some of us collectors.

When MuppetFest was being planned, we knew there were Creation spies keeping track of our discussions here and many of our ideas were incorporated into the event.

When Palisades began the Muppet line, Ken asked for our opinions and he certainly gets them. Again, many of our ideas and critiques have made their way into the product. As a sort of reward for the thought we put into the Muppet line, Palisades (and Ken in particular) has answered numerous questions about the line and offered sneak peak info. It's a give and take relationship unlike what we had with Creation.

Fun4All has requested our opinions on the sculpts and accessories. It is only natural that forum members would expect them to answer some questions. It may or may not happen-- that's their call-- but the expectation is reasonable.

As fans, many of us love the opportunity to voice our opinions and have an impact on the merchandise. At the same time, many of us are concerned that the forum not be taken advantage of and used as free advertising. It's a delicate balance and there are good arguments on both sides.

What I am taking a long time to say is: if people want their questions answered, or at least acknowledged, they have every rigth to say so here. Just as people who are excited about the Sesame line have every right to express that.

That and going back a couple pages, a desert is a sandy place with no water, dessert is something you want two helpings of, just as it has two s's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Count said:
Drtooth, guess you never saw nor at least have any recollection of the episode where the SS gang went to the NYC zoo outside of Sesame Street's boundaries from the set itself. I distinctly remember from when I had better sight the end of that episode and everybody hurrying to the station to catch the subway train back to Sesame, either that or the bus. Not sure if the subway station was at least implied back then. Anyway, I remember Oscar inside his can walking along this sort of fence's sidewalk, and you saw the can lifted up with Oscar's feet sticking out. Me thinks Mikealan has a copy of this episode, best talk to him to see if you can get a copy.
Hope this helps and have a haunted night.
That's sort of what I meant, the feet come out of the bottom of the can, right? I've seen that plenty of times, most distinguishable in the Danny Devito skit, where he played this dirty old guy and they were both sharing snappy zaps like "Where did you get your driver's licence? A cracker Jack box?"

At the end, Oscar's feet pop out of the bottom of the can, and the two walk away, Oscar says, "This looks like the beginign of a Beautiful Friendship."

This is fuzzy except for those two lines, I may be wrong. I know his feet come out of the can, I meant we never really see the... errr... crotch of the character. (Once again, can't think of a better word)

>>I understand the need for perfectionism...Ive been a diehard Muppet/Sesame collector for over two decades(Im not that old, really!) but man...

does anyone remember a time on MC when modern Sesame figures(heck non kiddy Sesame anything?) was but a feverish dream?

In your wildest dreams, did you ever think that by 2004 we woul dhave figures of some of the most obscure Muppet, Sesame, and Fraggle characters ever?
Man, just sit back and relax...and be up in arms about the real travesty(Muppet Wizard of Oz)<<

Couldn't have said it better myself. In fact, most of my Muppet collection from my youth was Sesame Street. Heck... I don't even think I had many muppet show like things except for (and beaker's gonna make me say it) the Fisher Price Muppet Puppet line... So you can understand my intense fever for this line.

I mean, Muppet OZ (unless it's about them in prison :crazy: ) isn't a good idea, especially since it's not original and they've done it themselves many times. As the Brain once said, "A true geniuos never copies himself" I feel this way about the Muppet troop. If they want to do another book, why don't they do something wild and weird like "Muppet Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" or "Muppet All of the Presidents Men?" *(just kigging :zany: )

But to my question..

Will the Letter pack ins be sorted by

A) Alphabetical order starting with the first series.

B) the first letters of the names of the characters

c) the one they are best remembered for singing songs about (I.e. Cookie monster's C, Bert's W, Biff's J)

or D) randomly paired with characters?

Gonzo

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Based on the prototypes so far, who are you guys getting?
Every last one of them.

There's room for improvement, and I hope we see improvement in the final figures, but I've been a Sesame Street fan for too long to reject these wholecloth. Besides, Miles wouldn't talk to me again if I didn't get these. I'm stoked for SuperGrover and Oscar, and all of Series 2...and I hope Bert and Ernie get some work done.

:frown: :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
The proposed planned series 2 lineup leaves me drooling! now why cant these be 3.5-4"? Im so sick of the 6" stuff:frown:

Gonzo

Reaction score
beaker said:
The proposed planned series 2 lineup leaves me drooling! now why cant these be 3.5-4"? Im so sick of the 6" stuff:frown:
Let Tara Toys GO, Cory.

It's okay. We'll help you through this.

:halo:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I missed a few classes. Who's in series two?
Guy Smiley, The Count, Big Bird, Two-Headed Monster (!) and Telly.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.