Fun-4-All may produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seems like he's going to be a little like the Stinky figure from the Casper line (based on the 1997 cartoon that was based on the 1996 movie), only non removable. So that means his trash can lid will be on a hinge?

And I hope SW lets you do Toxic Orange Oscar at least as an industry giveaway or a chase or something.

Will there be facts about the characters on the blister packs?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A few points as usual...

1 Drtooth, as for the Oscar situation you commented on before, perhaps "Mid-torso" would have been a better term for what you wanted to say nespa?
2 Mr. Pdiresta, after hearing that you'd like to make a figure of Sam the Robot before Elmo's eventual appearance in the linup gives me a little bit more of faith in my black heart, though it's still a "wait and see" or "wait and feel" situation from where I'm standing on these figures.
3 Thank you for at least answering the questions concerning Oscar. I'm a little disappointed with the plans for the S1 Oscar figure with his can-popping feature. It just reminds of the Oscar "figure" if it could be called that which came with a playset of the 1-2-3 building as part of Fisher Price's line. The Oscar was in a can and only came up with a pop-up feature, and never had a figure of his own made properly.
4 I'd much rather prefer the full-bodied version of Oscar planned for later in the line, and maybe the "Orange Oscar" would make a good chase variant for those truly nostalgic enough to remember and cherish the figure. Maybe as part of a truly retro Original SS lineup? With Green-Gray Grover?
5 Now then, how do you plan to pack the Muppet letters with the figures? Are you using a plan of combining the pairings based on the figure's first name's first letter and famous sketches? If not, what's the plan for the pairings? And will the figure of the Count planned for S2 have a Muppet number pack-in instead? If so, which number?
6 Elmo should make an eventual appearance in the lineup as well as the more modern characters, after all they're part of Sesame. Just so long as you make a conscientious decision of mixing in all the characters from both old and new, current and obscure, and not play to the masses by going overboard with the newer characters then maybe this line will indeed stand a chance at greatness.
Other than that, just keep us updated on the progress of fixing all the figures likenesses, and I hope these suggestions will indeed make a difference making the figures truly worthy of display alongside the already available Muppets figures.
Thank you for your time and I hope you will come back and answer our questions soon.
Have a happy Halloween!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd like to offer more ideas about what I want to see from this line, personally, both as an avid Muppet fan and an admirer of SS. You obviously realize how very important the integrity of the characters are to me, especially since they've been treated with disrespect for so long!

I'll post all that in another thread.

As far as Orange Oscar, save that one for down the road.

Full body, seems once something caused an explosion in his can on SS and he flew out of the can? Maybe some balloons dragged him out? I can't remember, but seems this was a case once.

Luke

Reaction score
pdiresta said:
in a perfect world.... there would be no elmo. We'll eventually have to make him though.
Ah, a man after my own heart. Yeah when you eventually have to do Elmo make him come with a working TNT accessory so we can all blow him up !

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I Am SO down.

Oh yeah. I wanna buy Muppets. God forbid that collectors get hold of this though. These have to be mass marketed so that all the 30 year old choads don't keep them outta kids hands. While I would LOVE to have all of these figs, I would certainly rather a kid have a Cookie Monster than a Barney action figure. Is there some way to keep the marketing directed at kids first and collectors second??? If you just keep with the level of detail you have planned, and keep the scale right, you certainly won't run out of adult customers who want to compliment their Henson memorabilia.
To Fun-4-all, Good luck and Godspeed. I can't wait to see these hit the shelves, but will certainly pass on a fig so my nephew can have them. Speaking of which, I have 2 nephews who will need these figs... Is there some kinda multiple fig pack in the works???

And you darn welll better come out with playsets!!! I see 7-8 segments of the actual Sesame Street layout!!! Everyone would buy that... EVERYONE. Think about it. And then hire me for ideas, cause after this, I'm charging... HAHAHAH

I realize I am not the first one to come up with these ideas... But it's funny to think that everyone wants exactly what I want...

And stay with the letters with every fig thing, that's friggin GENIUS.

WiGgY

Reaction score
pdiresta said:
We want to do another Oscar down the line--- completely out of his can...perhaps an exclusive? I also want to do a "chase" orange oscar...thoughts?

When you say chase Oscar, what exactly do you mean? Are you thinking a one per case thing? If so, I think it's a great idea. If you are thinking about a one per 20 case thing, then I think it's not a good. I'd like to see a full body Oscar in the regular line later on with an orange Oscar as a convention exclusive around the same time.

Question.

Are there plans to start a collector's club type thing so that people con collect the figures that are sold at conventions?

It would be a huge benifit to the line because it would allow for a larger volume of convention exclusives, thus reducing the cost. Also, it would be a sign that this line is collector friendly. If a collector's club type of thing is started, I suggest starting it at the same tile the first con exclusive comes out. That way secondary over pricing doesn't happen like what haoopened with the WWE Dr. Teeth. I'm sure many will appreciate that.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'm delighted to see the older, more obscure characters being made as figures--it gives me hope we'll see characters like Prairie Dawn, Sherlock Hemlock, and even Roosevelt Franklin.

BUT, even as a 30-year old geezer, I recognize that Elmo has been a major part of Sesame Street for 15 years, and SHOULD be made as a figure. Should be made as a great figure. With Dorothy and some other great accessories. The line shouldn't be Elmo's WORLD by any means, but he and some of the other "newer" characters who have only been around for a decade deserve some credit.

:stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I think this line is already aimed more at kids with their slighlty charicturish design.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
I think this line is already aimed more at kids with their slighlty charicturish design.
It definitely is.

So it would make sense to include Elmo at some point.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I have another question.

What changes are planned for Bert? Will the head sculpt be changed so that the expression on the face is one that the actual character can express?

By this I mean, will his eye brow be changes so that it either all arcs up, all arcs down, or is straight across. Also, will the mouth be changed to a straight line instead of the current expression which is impossible for the character to have as a puppt?

Maybe an all question thread should be started for pdiresta so that he can just see the questions and leave this thread for any and all reactions to the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.