1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Walter, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm already sold, even before I saw the pictures on Dr. Teeth's inclusion.
  2. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Erk. If I got any of those I'd have to paint in pupils. Don't know what I'd do about Stepford Piggy, though.

Seriously, what is it with the dead eyes? Those are a huge turn-off for me.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to think about the POP line. The only ones that looks good are the Gizo and Evil Gremlin ones. Something about the style kinda bothers me. But their bobble heads and regular vinyls are amazingly detailed. I kinda want the Freddy Krueger bobble head. The Scratchy plushie is adorable.

The muppets on the other hand...yikes. Kermit looks good because he at least has his pupils. Dr Teeth doesnt look that bad either. But Piggy is terrifying.

On a side note, why is it impossible to make Beavis not look like a crazed serial killer?
  4. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

5. blackaerin

blackaerin Active Member

Anyone got a guesstimate for what the prices might be?
    If they have Dr. Teeth in their lineup, then surely they'll have the rest of the Mayhem somewhere down the line, right?
    ...Riiiight? :(
  6. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

these look very cool as soon as i saw dr teeth i really want them and i hope they paint the eyes while cool the picture look creepy cause of the eyes but still i want them all
  7. Drtooth

Well, they already got 2 of them so far in a single series... if this thing goes 2-3 series, I could see the other three. I'd LOVE to see some other fan favorites down the line, especially Link. We've been getting a strange amount of Link merchandise lately.
    Nasubionna likes this.
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I think the DC comics ones at Target are under $10 but Disney store has these for around $11
  9. Walter

Walter Active Member

Lol, I love em! But I can't help but think ZoooommmBiiieee when I see Fozzie and Gonzo..But Gonzo is my favorite X). Kermit was handled perfectly as well!
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

very cute...BUYING ALL of em! :)
  11. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Hope they make Walter, Scooter, and Rowlf...does anyone else think Rowlf would look really cool as one of these?
    CaseytheMuppet and panmanthe2nd like this.
  12. Drtooth

It's one of those sad things about the toy market now. You have to have things stylized to fit some sort of weird collector's set now... not that I mind at all. Hopefully the finished project includes pupils, or as Slackbot brilliantly stated, paint them on yourself. I kinda dig these, though I think the Pookalooz stylization was much cuter and funkier.

Hopefully, as this is a Funko license, we'll see Bobble Heads or large vynal figures too.

Just.... none of those flat Blox guys. Those are TERRIBLE!
  13. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I really lov e the Dr. Teeth! :D Yeah, Gonzo and Fozzie look "zombie-ish" as Walter said, but I still want them. :):o:mad::concern::halo::D
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

so im sitting around waiting for my friends and got bored so i fixed these guys up...basically this is how ill fix them when they come out if they dont have pupils..maybe make the blck a little bigger

[​IMG]
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  15. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Lol, exactly what I plan on doing! :D Great fix there.
  16. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

That makes them look SO much better!
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Don't mean to change this to a different subject... but, I have ONE more like before I get a new trophy! Thought this was some worthwhile news worth sharing. ;)
    panmanthe2nd and KermieBaby47 like this.
  18. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

"What the hay." :) There ya go bud!

Is there a release date for these funky Muppets?
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  19. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I'm only 13 likes away from my next trophy! ;)
    CaseytheMuppet and KermieBaby47 like this.
  20. Drtooth

If they're smart, they'll break with tradition and put pupils on these babies. Dr. Teeth looks wonderfully stylized with them, even though they really also need to make the eyes more like glasses. Maybe give Gonzo a purple beak too...
    KermieBaby47 likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.