1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Funko POP! Muppet figures coming in 2012

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Walter, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Cuz since when has his "face" ever been the same color throughout? Never, that's when. Hopefully they'll be able to apply some kind of paint variation for his nose, buuuuuuut... it's not a deal-breaker IMO. He's really cute-lookin'. ;) Well, with pupils added a' course! :D
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Hope you get a trophy!
    panmanthe2nd likes this.
  4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Gonzo's nose, whatever foam it's made of, refracts light and becomes soooooo many colors. You can see hints of yellow, orange, purple, blue... green sometimes. That can only be achieved if you airbrush, like Palisades did.

But the standard is a very light bluish purple, if not a very light blue (Muppet Babies style). I'd say that would look far better on the Pop Gonzo than that yellow nose he has now.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That reminds me of when I was 8 and I started noticing Gonzo's nose being different colors depending on the production, I was so confused. To me his nose looked white in The Muppet Movie, purple in The Great Muppet Caper, and blue in The Muppets Take Manhattan, and seemed it'd often look either purple or blue to me depending on the production.
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Maybe Gonzo has a Mood Nose.

Hmm, Mood Nose Gonzo. I'd buy one of those.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

When it comes to merchandising, it's usually been Muppet Baby-fied and routinely just a light blue...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even the first Palisades Gonzo toy was a light blue, just with more detailing...

[​IMG]
  8. minor muppetz

This first wave of toys looks like a mix of Palisades series 1 and 2.

I wonder if series 2 (if it gets that far) will include Floyd, Janice, and Zoot.

Anybody know if these kinds of toys normally include accessories?
  9. Farron

Farron Member

Nah, no accessories with Funko POP! At least the couple that I've purchased from the Disney Store haven't had any, so I assume it is that way with the rest of the range.
  10. elkkthunder

elkkthunder New Member

11. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

12. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

hmm i liked piggy better with all black pupils
  13. minor muppetz

It feels like 2002 all over again, though I'm not as excited as I was when Palisades first presented Muppet items at Toy Fair. And it should be more exciting, since we don't have any idea what other Muppet stuff will be presented (with the success of the new movie I'm expecting a lot more), while with the action figure line we knew they'd reveal the entire 2002 line-up (only for series 3 and 4 to end up being released in 2003).

I hope they make it to a series 2. I'd hate for the line to be canceled before both Snowths get made. ;)

Quite a bit of Dr. Teeth stuff. And these bobbleheads look better than the Muppet bobbleheads that came out in 2002 or 2003. I guess it helps that it's more than just two characters, but even those seem to look better than the old Kermit and Miss Piggy bobbleheads. And no, I've never owned those bobbleheads.
  14. elkkthunder

elkkthunder New Member

I was told they already have plans for more POP style waves, I can try to find out about the bobbleheads
  15. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

mahna mahna and a snowth oh funko you have out done yourself i want them in my house right now
  16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Liking the bobbleheads. As for the Pop style things, cool for including Mahna Mahna and a Snowth (and pupils for everyone!) but I'm not liking how far apart the eyes are set on Fozzie, Dr. Teeth, and Animal. It messes up the Magic Triangle something awful.
  17. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

The eyes look a lot better! Looking forward to seeing these in real live.
  18. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

They look amazing so far! I can't wait to own all of these :):o:concern::mad::halo::D[​IMG]
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

i've got to admit to initially being excited about these, but (except for Teeth) the art doesn't quite have the charm that it should. I've worked at translating designs onto urban vinyl so I get the attempt at simplification. The Little Big Planet people nailed a lot of the art whereas this is just kinda stale looking. I'll have to wait and see what they actually look like.

But hey, how cool is it that Dr. Teeth has hit the big time!!??
  20. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

It sure is!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.