1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Funko to release Sesame Street toys

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by minor muppetz, Oct 6, 2014.

1. sleepyowl

sleepyowl New Member

These are pretty cute. I found them today at Hot Topic and snagged Bert and Ernie for my collection. I'm really looking forward to Big Bird and Snuffy being released.

2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Big Bird got nixed for this wave along w/Regular Grover, Elmo, & Count, but Snuffy didn't nixed.

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  4. MuppetSpot

5. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

See, part of me wants flocked Snuffy and part of me doesn't; I'm very 'OMG DON'T OPEN' with most of my Funkos; the only Funkos I've ever opened were my Miss Piggy Funko I got as gift, my Baby Groot one and the Olaf Funko that was another gift (that has since fallen to pieces and been thrown out)...But, at the time when I got Miss Piggy I didn't realize that Funkos were collectible and all.

Either way, the only reason I opened Baby Groot was because I couldn't help myself...He was so cute and tiny and, he needed to be there to brighten up my desk since Olaf fell to pieces. I haven't dared to open my set of Supernatural Funkos...

I'm trying to figure out if I would open any SS Funkos I got my hands on; I don't think I'd be able to make myself keep flocked Snuffy in the box.

Well, I'll battle with that but, now I'm just playing the 'get Bert and Ernie at the same time' game. I usually see one or the other but, I don't like coming home with incomplete duos. For example, I couldn't find the Funko of Sam Winchester (Supernatural) but, I found Dean Winchester and Crowley (Sam's brother on Supernatural and Crowley is the baddie on Supernatural) and, I bought them together. Does anyone else have that 'I must buy more than one' hang up that I do?

6. Drtooth

They're going to sell protector boxes for the boxed figures. No kidding. I'm very careful with my figures. I know that Bullwinkle's antlers could break off at any moment (the bobblehead sure did after falling from not too much of a height). Don't trust Vegita's scouter too much, and I'm in fear of Lemongrab's nose falling off. But the other ones I have are pretty sturdy.

For the record, I really hate flocked plastic. It's unnatural and just... if I wanted a plush toy, I'd grab a plush toy.

That said, if there's anything I'm really excited for as far as those SDCC exclusives are concerned, it's Mattel's M.O.T.U.S.C.L.E.s figures. Way to bring back M.U.S.C.L.E. figures without having to deal with the original Kinnikuman copyright. Make He-Man versions of them. Too bad you can only get those at SDCC. If those were in stores, even collector's stores, I'd grab them up.

7. MuppetSpot

Has any one else having trouble finding the vinyls, I bought Ernie:p, Cookie:insatiable:, Oscar:grouchy:, & Super Grover:super:, I hope I can Bert & Snuffy, before second wave comes out.

8. MuppetSpot

Double Post, Bump: Has the second series of :wisdom::batty::laugh::super: & Snuffy came out yet or their not going to be released?

9. Drtooth

There are so many of these Pops and the bigger name characters (unless they're overstocked like Frozen ones were) seem to sell faster than the others, making them tough to find. I remember going nuts looking for am Inside Out Sadness figure for a present, and sifting through a lot of Sixteen Candles and Breakfast Club ones at several stores before I lucked out on one.

And I'm sure that if they're that hard to find, the sales are good enough to see the second series released, just not all that soon. At this point, I'm going nuts looking for the Bob's Burgers ones.

10. MuppetSpot

They're good sellers where I live, I've seen SG:super: & Oscar:grouchy: the most, a lot of Ernie:p, and one or two Cookie:insatiable: but, I can't find Bert anywhere.:(

11. Drtooth

I'd try the internet, but the price swings vary wildly.

12. MuppetSpot

13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Whaaaaat?? I was not expecting that.Oooh I want it sooo bad. Yeah, if I had a job I'd definitely buy that.

14. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

I got the Grover and the furry Cookie Monster for my birthday :D

I want the Snuffleupagus one though :fanatic:

15. MuppetSpot

I want Snuffy too, also Bert those are the only ones I am missing.

123Sunny likes this.
  16. MuppetSpot

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  17. Drtooth

Off subject, but I can read the room and the fandom. You'll be delighted to know that they've announced a certain 1990's cartoon series about rouge cartoon characters that had to be locked in a watertower as a set of Funko figures.

For those dying to have Wakko, Yakko and Dot with that vampire that taught math on Sesame Street.

WemblerDaniel and MuppetSpot like this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Looking at the pictures, I know notice that the Big Bird has eye lids.

Here and at Tough Pigs, people say that this is the revealed series 2, as if it's new news, but I thought we had always known that'd be the line-up. When the line-up was announced, I believe all of series 1 and 2 were announced (even if it wasn't clear that some would be in series 1 and others in series 2).

Here's what I think would make a good series 3 and 4 line-up:

Series 3:
    Abby Cadabby
    Zoe
    Rosita
    Telly Monster
    Baby Bear

(this one would make a good "last series", it'd almost complete the current main cast, though I can see them wanting to exclude at least one girl character, and not sure how much of a desire Funko has for characters who aren't "old school"; while nobody more obscure than Snuffy has been released or announced, nobody from the 1980s and later except for Elmo has been announced).

Series 4:
    Murray Monster
    Prairie Dawn
    Guy Smiley
    Mr. Johnson
    Segi (or maybe Roosevelt Franklin or The Amazing Mumford)

19. Drtooth

While I certainly doubt there will be that many more series. Most licenses only get 2 series unless they're a subline all their own like DC Comics, Marvel, or Disney. But I'd love to see some fan favorite characters if they continue past. Maybe a Guy Smiley or so.

I got Oscar for Christmas and I find it pretty impressive in its detail. I love the fact there's a Slimey on the side.

20. MuppetSpot

Lets hope Toy Fair has more information.