Future Dr. Seuss Films

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Funny thing is, when they first did a Dr. Seuss cartoon, it was no different...There's a LOT of 1940's pop culture jokes and that weird suicide joke in there... I'd say the bird's constant "Rully, I am" is the 1940's equivalent of saying "Say Hello to my little friend." But it's still a pretty good cartoon.
Oh it was very different, in that when they did it, it was funny. :halo: :wink:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh the Places You'll Go *shot*

How I hate that book
The Henson Company actually had film rights to that book during the 90's; clearly, nothing came about it.

Meanwhile, I think "There's a Wocket in My Pocket" would make a great movie! :fanatic:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
In REAL time!
HA HA HA HA HA!!! Longest movie EVER!!

In other news, I have a code for a $5 certificate to use for admission to see "The Lorax" in case anyone wants it. I was going to take my Son this week finally, you know, during Spring Break when theatres usually play the heck outta their kiddie films... so of course my local theatre decided to stop showing it yesterday. :frown: Grrrrrr...

Princeton

Reaction score
Can I just say I hated the Lorax film? The way that it jumped around in time drove me nuts and plus it was just plain boring.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, yes you can say you hated 2012's The Lorax. Didn't even bother, I saw the trailers and knew it would be a hot mess. Plus, frankly, I'm tired of having Betty White in everything these last few years. (Which is why I like the Robin Williams Snickers commercial muuuuuch better).

What were we talking about? :confused:
Oh yeah, Seuss books as movies. Waiting for Halloween is Grinch's Night, cause making cartoon specials into full-length films is cool too. Case in point, 2012's Frankenweenie. *Waiting for Vincent to get the same treatment next, along with if there'll be a Beetlejuice 2).

Sorry for the off-the-rail tangents. Look out! :eek:
*Lands thread back on track.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Even though it's not a book, I really want a film version of Pontoffel Pock. It would work very well as a full-length CGI movie. I always thought Fox in Socks would work as an animated short, too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Steve Carell, Neil Patrick Harris, Jennifer Lawrence, the list goes on. :smirk:
Jennifer Lawrence, I don't know who that is.
Steve Carell, aka Produce Pete, aka Steve Carouselli I'll grant you. (Daily Show jokes).
But at least NPH has a great singing voice, as when he was the Music Meister on Batman: The Brave & The Bold.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
*Waiting for Vincent to get the same treatment next, along with if there'll be a Beetlejuice 2).

I haven't seen Frankenweenie yet but I do want Vincent to be a full length movie. Not really sure how that would even be possible, but yeah. The short was great and it would be interesting to see a full length stop motion movie with it fleshed out. (I still wish Frankenweenie was at least live action...despite not being happy it was made into a movie to begin with...but I still gotta see it so I don't have the right to complain too much