Galavant "Thoughts"

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I liked how The Goldbergs ended its 2nd season. Like Galavant, it gave the show just enough closure with
Murray finally saying that he loves his daughter and Adam's girlfriend moving away
along with the montage of home video clips juxtaposed with their TV re-enactments, yet still left things open for another season.
I wonder if Adam's girlfriend left, because she left in real life, or because the person playing her quit, probably the first one, it is not certain they will break up, though pretty good finale though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So its almost time for Galavant season 2, it premieres January 3 8:00pm on ABC, no joke the premiere episode is literally called "A new season aka suck it cancellation bear", I think its still 8 episodes, but they will air 2 episodes from 8pm to 9pm like last year cant wait. Also I'm glad Brooklyn Nine Nine is moving to Tuesdays in Januaray, so I can watch both Galavant episodes, can't wait.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope they aren't cocky to think they'll get a third season and throw another obnoxious complication in the last episode to turn it into a cliffhanger. They were lucky as heck to get a second season, and hopefully they won't make the same mistake they made with the other show.

I am excited though.

Side note, while I am mixed about Brooklyn 99 being moved to Tuesdays again, I'm very disappointed it's to make room for some stupid sounding show instead of giving Bob's Burgers a respectable time slot. I don't think I'm going to like Bordertown much, and 9:30 would be a great slot for BB, with the other thing at 8:30.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I just hope they aren't cocky to think they'll get a third season and throw another obnoxious complication in the last episode to turn it into a cliffhanger. They were lucky as heck to get a second season, and hopefully they won't make the same mistake they made with the other show.

I am excited though.

Side note, while I am mixed about Brooklyn 99 being moved to Tuesdays again, I'm very disappointed it's to make room for some stupid sounding show instead of giving Bob's Burgers a respectable time slot. I don't think I'm going to like Bordertown much, and 9:30 would be a great slot for BB, with the other thing at 8:30.
Ya, I don't know how the ratings will play out this time, but they were really lucky with that renewal. I hope they start from immediately where they left off. Also, ya bummed that Bob's isn't getting good treatment, also that The Last Man on Earth won't be back until March, FOX and their dumb schedules.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The more I think about it, I think GALAVANT ripped off Sid & Marty Krofft, considering a pilot they did for ABC back in the 70s (that Michael Eisner green-lit):

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, ya bummed that Bob's isn't getting good treatment, also that The Last Man on Earth won't be back until March, FOX and their dumb schedules.
Last Man on Earth is a brilliant show starring brilliant comedians and whatever the heck is taking Brooklyn 99's time slot sounds just...awful. I mean, yeah... Bordertown. That's a show that Seth MacFarline's got like some very obscure producer credit, but he'll be credited with the whole thing so he'll be blamed if the show sucks and he'll get credit for it if its successful. The previews aren't showing that it's a bad show, but not a particularly good one. And the thing that bugs me is that both LMOE and BB are acclaimed shows that have cult followings and are considered the network's best programming, yet they get pushed aside for the profitable stuff. BB got renewed for 2 more seasons and it's getting all the love and recognition and yet they keep putting it in the same Futurama time slot where it gets pre-empted by sports, and that lousy sports wrap up show.

I mean, moving to TBS works out well for American Dad, the superior Seth show (even though the newer seasons are...weird). BB seems like it was getting some nice play on [as] until they changed up the schedule (it's on an hour block on weekends).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So here's the first promo for the new season.

Looks like more of the same, though there are 10 episodes this season, so that's good, can't wait.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm going to bump this threadd, because we are just two more Sundays away from the Galavant season 2 premiere.

This Week, December 20: The Sound of Music
Next Week, December 27: Four Episodes of The Muppets
Then, January 3, Galavant Season 2 premiere

They've also released the opening song for the new season.

Lots of jabs at the fourth wall, can't wait.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So I just watched the premiere episode and the second one, really funny especially the fourtune teller and the new season song jabbing at the fourth wall, so you should watch and see it.
Though, I wonder what happened to the kingdom at the end when King Richard came and there was nothing there.
Overal great, can't wait for the next episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The show itself seemed to say how darn lucky they were to get another season. Hopefully they don't pull another The Neighbors and push their luck with a massive cliffhanger that goes unheeded. Though, I'll say so far the gambit of throwing a last minute wrench to complicate things last season paid off. While they certainly could have ended the show with what they had at the end, they took a huge risk in how the season ended and it made the opening of this one all the more exciting and grabbing.

I'm interested to see how this season progresses before I say anything else. Loving it so far, and it's vastly superior to the overrated tween girl's Disney Fan Fic that usually fills this time slot, mainly because it doesn't take itself seriously. Too bad it's so underrated against that unsatisfying hogbeast of a series that I still can't fathom the appeal of.