1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Get well soon, Frank

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Beauregard, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Yay, he's better.
  2. AnthonyF3

AnthonyF3 New Member

That's terrible. I had no idea. I hope he feels better.

Anthony F. Strand
  3. He's better, people!
  4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yippy!

Wasn't it convenient that the "gasp" smiley was one of Frank's characters? :o
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Frank Oz is well again

Great news Everyone Frank is going back to work tomorow he emailed me personaly i am still excited im jumpiong up and down i cant belive he emailed little old me wow but he is doing great and will be going back to work tomrow i love the people at the JHC i wrote Frank sunday when i found out he was sick and got the E- mail tusday i thought i wouldnot get anything. this makes me so happy wow its big for me i know i sound stupid but im loving it ... :halo: :o :attitude: :(
  6. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*MC collectively breathes again*

that is awesome news to hear! :)
  7. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

8. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

This is such good news.....it sounds like IMdB's report may have blown the situation out of proportion by not providing details. I doubt much shooting would have gone on Frank's movie last week anyhow - I believe Nicole Kidman and many of the stars are here in Toronto for the Toronto International Film Festival anyway.

I do think it's very cool that Frank took the time to reply (and very prompty!) to those who took the time to wish him well! You know I have never met Frank so I can only go by what I have heard and read, but the people I have spoken with over the years who have met him or worked with have had nothing but kind words, respect and praise for him.

I don't want to sound like I am complaining, but there's an unfortunate tendancy among a few members here to sort of "Frank-bash" and complain about how his career has taken him away from puppetry or how he has allegedly "abandon" the Muppets to become a director. I don't think any of these things are true at all and I think most MCers agree with me.

Hopefully the experience of dwayne and others will put these silly notions to rest once and for all! :)
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Shoot, Frank Oz rules!!

I suppose, though, that when he gets my get well wish I mailed him it'll be too late. I hope it'll be too late in the regards that he'll be in tip-top shape!!

FOZ
  10. Fozzie Bear

I dunno how folks get personal emails from Frank, but here's what I got:

9/9/03
    Dear Kev,

He's up and at it again and feeling super well!

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

For the most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Dot.com-ational...
    ...This is what we call...collectible Muppet Moments!
    http://www.henson.com/anniversary25
    © 2002 The Jim Henson Company. THE MUPPET SHOW mark & logo, Kermit Head Logo, MUPPET, MUPPETS, characters and elements are trademarks of The Jim Henson Company. All Rights Reserved. Please read our Terms of Service at www.henson.com

At 04:43 PM 9/8/03 -0400, you wrote:

The buzz lately is that Frank is ill. Any news that you can update us about his health? I hope you're going to tell me he's up and at it again and feeling super well!!

Kevin
    Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Boy, I was worried when I read that post. It's true Frank's characters are in good hands with Eric Jacobson. Still, it would be tragic if something happened to Frank. I'm glad he's doing better.
  12. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Frank's okay :) Although, I never did get to send him my get well card. Oh well, maybe I can edit it a little and call it a "glad your feeling better card" ;)
  13. Muppetsdownunder

We're all glad Frank is ok! :)
    If anything happened to Frank it would be as bad as losing Jim Henson, anything bad happening to someone involved with the muppets would be bad.
  14. Muppetsdownunder

Jerry Nelson isnt sick is he? :sympathy:

I sure hope not!
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Jerry is just fine now. That "comes from the highest source... Jerry Nelson himself" as one member once put it.
  16. Muppetsdownunder

Thank goodness for that! :)
  17. Fozzie Bear

I just got a response from Frank Oz today. He's still very active and well, and isn't uninvolved with the JHC, the letter came from the JHC Fan Mail address, and he's still responding to fan mail, so he's still working under the JHC employee mindset.