Girlfriends (or boy) of Muppet Fans

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Hey, no one left me for a muffin... it was a cupcake.
*chewing muffin* So, even though you broke up with that chick you still call her cupcake? That's cute Vic.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
hmmmm.......Even though this thread got off topic a bit, the penguin parts reminded me that I could use penguins in the story...incase I can't get out of a situation

The muffins didn't help though..........possibly it will in the future....probably not though....

Thank you Vic and redBoobergurl

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
So, even though you broke up with that chick you still call her cupcake? That's cute Vic.
I call my girlfriend Foxy (from the Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, my boyfriend has a huge obsession with Star Wars, so we try to balance it out. For example: He came to my muppet movie marathon over christmas break. And I bought a Mace Windu lightsabre (after much convincing on his part! :wink: ). There are many more examples. If you want them for ideas, just ask!
I actually do like Star Wars quite a bit ("But Uncle Owen, I wanted to go to the tachi station to pick up power converters!!") but I'm not sure he understands the whole muppet thing. So we try and embrace each other's obsessions, if not understand them. Though we do tease each other quite a bit about them!

green stuff

Reaction score
That's almost the exact same thing I have with my boyfriend, Mrs. Pepper! See, my boyfriend is obsessed with Star Wars, and I mean OBSESSED. He even knows the histories behind the characters, and has read all the books- he practically knows everything there is to know about Star Wars. So, when I revealed to him that I was a huge fan of the Muppets, he made fun of me a little bit about it first, but he called a touche when I made fun of him for Star Wars.

The thing that's different from Mrs. Pepper's story, though, is that my beau, well, he took it a step farther... see, as a term on endearment, he sometimes calls me ''Kermie,'' because he thinks out of all the Muppets, that I'm the most like Kermit.One day, he was sort of mad at me because I wasn't aiming him on the internet--I was much too busy posting chapter 4 of 'Once Upon My Heart---(which you should all be reading if you're not already, by the way) His frustration then turned into humor, and he said something like, ''Oh, I get if now. It's so obvious; how come I didn't see it before?'' Well, I was confused, so I asked him what he meant. Then he laughed and said, ''You and Kermit are having an affair! I knew it!'' So I played along, and confirmed his ''suspicions;'' said things like he was planning on taking me to Hawaii for a wild weekend, and things of the like. Then- I'm warning you all now- he said something kind of sick.
He laughed and told me that he had secrets of his own. Intrigued, I asked what they were. He told me that he had had a fling with Miss Piggy once, and that she made the best Christmas ham...

This was just one story that I could tell you. If you want to hear more, just let me know. But basically, my boyfriend's really cool with it- then on the other hand, I guess he kind of has to be.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Living with obsessive people

My husband once joked that he was going to start a support group for the non-trekkie spouses of Star Trek fans. Even so, he has been a good sport about most of my obsessions. Though I am fannish, I am not attracted to every fandom that dangles an interesting character--that would be cheap and slutty!--but the ones that do interest me usually interest me a great deal. Here are some things he has done for me:
(1) he bought me tickets to my very first Star Trek convention and suprised me.
(2) he used to attend a all-day New Year's day trek party that one of my friends threw. (Sometimes he brought a book--but we forgave him!)
(3) he was actually the master of ceremonies at the banquet for a convention that I helped throw, and he was also one of the auctioneers. Most of my friends were insanely jealous that I could even get him to come.
(4) he's let me dress him up in costume for costume contests. (He's also sewn me into my own costumes on more than one occasion.)
(5) he took me to Washington this year to see the Muppets at the Smithsonian, took pictures of everything for me (he's more camera-literate than me) and surprised me by changing my desktop to the muppets with one of the picture he took. (He even fixed the glare and the red-eye and stuff. What a sweetie.)

Those are a few things. He has his own hobbies, more mundane than mine, that I don't share, but doesn't try fuss about mine. He's a pretty good guy. Do I wish he shared my obsessions, or at least understood them? Yes. Yes, I do. Not being able to explain, for example, why a particular line in a movie or someone's fanfic (including my own) is so particularly funny because it's so character-specific is common. But he's a keeper.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Also had to share this: One of my friends was reading a murder mystery, and out of the two policemen, one of them was a huge Star Trek fan and was always reading a Star Trek book on break. This was presented in a straightforward way by the author--this was just a character trait, not an attempt to make the character weird or dumb or geeky. (Non-fannish people cannot do good fan parody. If they don't get it, they can't mock it well. Only REAL fans can make fun of themselves in a way that's truly funny.) Anyway--you guessed it--the mystery was solved, in part, because of some piece of (scientific) information that had been gleaned from one of the books the policeman read. (And no, I can't for the life of me remember the name of that book or it's author.)
Hope this helps. One other quick note: once on a creative writer bulletin board, someone wrote in and said, "I have a character who is always telling lawyer jokes. Does anybody know any good ones." The poster was completely overwhelmed in, like, two hours! Stop--I have enough already! Thought that might also be useful to you. Let us know how it turns out, 'kay?