1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gobo

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Ian, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Ian

Ian New Member

Which Gobo did you like best? The first one, with the jacket, or the second one, with the vest (and shorter hair)?
  2. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

2nd Gobo, the vest really makes him look like a young explorer.
  3. Joggy

Joggy Member

New Gobo. He has something more mature, more "respectful".

I really like that he started out young in the original series and grew up slowly... first wearing a weird little hat, and then becoming the Gobo we all know and love.
  4. Yep, li'l older Gobo. :) He's just, like, "classic Gobo".

Really!

He is!

:D

But yeah, like the others have said, more mature, fits even better with the voice, looks better, etc. :)
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

How aboot that early Gobo eh? ;)

Yeah, Gobo really did a good job filling that requisite roll of the leader...I personally thing Gobo is Jerry's best character ever. I know officially Floyd is his signature character, but Gobo is my fave of his..second would have to be Scred from Saturday Night Live's Land of Gorch!
  6. FraggleRawker86

FraggleRawker86 New Member

i liked the 2nd gobo wen he had the vest.. it jus made him seem more like a ..."kid".... then when he had the jacket..
  7. getup

getup New Member

i would say i liked the second gobo...glad they changed him...he was able to express himself more.
  8. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I wonder: was he meant to have a little Canadian in him?

"That's what Uncle Matt says, so don't complain about my lima bean soup, eh."
    - #17, Marooned
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I guess i just got accustomed to the second Gobo. It was around longer than the first one.
  10. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

Second Gobo. 'Nough said. ;)
  11. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

According to some of the behind the scenes paperwork and press kits I've purchased through eBay, there was mention that Gobo was supposed to kind of sound like " our friends up north " from the show's conception.

Not only does Gobo do the " eh " thing all the time ( which is just freakin' keen ) but if ya listen to certain canadian accents, he also pronouces some words in the same fashion. This may be why he sometimes pronounces the word " again " as " a-gane ".

And to answer the original question of this thread, the second Gobo is what got me into this series. I like the first one although, a few of the puppets of the original Gobo are a tad on the ugly side..... like that bird-looking version that appears throughout the " 30 Minute Work Week " episode which I guess was the first one ever taped.

Anyway, the second Gobo's attire gives him a more cool and in-charge feel. I guess had a major personality change between... what was it... " Finger of Light " and... oh... what's that one called ... " We Love You Wembley " (?). Perhaps he had a coming of age experience in between those two episodes. That would make a good " lost " episode plot.

Anyway, the second Gobo is my favorite. I like his vest darn it....... & we need a Gobo " emoticon ". I'll just use Scooter since he's the closest thing. ;)

Nick
  12. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I want a Red Fraggle 1 too!!
  13. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Actually, the fraggles would make great emoticons.

Red = angry

Wembley = confused

Mokey = lovey-dovey

Boober = sad or nervous

Gobo = happy or confident... he'd make a good " wink " actually

Travelling Matt = he could be the regular happy face

Junior Gorg = dumb or embarrassed

Ma Gorg = surprised or scared

I guess I could go on. ;)

Nick
  14. Heehee...h--heeheehee...

:o :o :o
  15. Fozzie Bear

Oh, Byron!! You're so silly. :p
  16. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Yes, silly Byron!!! But, hey, we got Red :excited: and Gobo :smirk: emoticons, so all is happiness!!!! :excited: :smirk: Make a cute couple, don't they?
  17. Fozzie Bear

They would make cute babies, too!!

:smirk: + :excited: =;)

F:oZ
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kev-

You crack me up. Hmmmm :halo: + :eek: = :rolleyes: Not as good, but it works in a twisted sort of way. :concern:
  19. Fozzie Bear

Froggy!! LOL!!

:( + :p = __?__

Nevermind, it just got too disturbing. :)
  20. 'fraid not, Manda...it's Mokey and Gobo that make the cute fraggle couple... ;)

Though someday she and I'll be together.

:flirt: