Gobo

Foodie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Gorg
I wonder: was he meant to have a little Canadian in him?

"That's what Uncle Matt says, so don't complain about my lima bean soup, eh."
- #17, Marooned
According to some of the behind the scenes paperwork and press kits I've purchased through eBay, there was mention that Gobo was supposed to kind of sound like " our friends up north " from the show's conception.

Not only does Gobo do the " eh " thing all the time ( which is just freakin' keen ) but if ya listen to certain canadian accents, he also pronouces some words in the same fashion. This may be why he sometimes pronounces the word " again " as " a-gane ".

And to answer the original question of this thread, the second Gobo is what got me into this series. I like the first one although, a few of the puppets of the original Gobo are a tad on the ugly side..... like that bird-looking version that appears throughout the " 30 Minute Work Week " episode which I guess was the first one ever taped.

Anyway, the second Gobo's attire gives him a more cool and in-charge feel. I guess had a major personality change between... what was it... " Finger of Light " and... oh... what's that one called ... " We Love You Wembley " (?). Perhaps he had a coming of age experience in between those two episodes. That would make a good " lost " episode plot.

Anyway, the second Gobo is my favorite. I like his vest darn it....... & we need a Gobo " emoticon ". I'll just use Scooter since he's the closest thing. :wink:

Nick

Foodie

Reaction score
Originally posted by SillyRed
I want a Red Fraggle 1 too!!
Actually, the fraggles would make great emoticons.

Red = angry

Wembley = confused

Mokey = lovey-dovey

Boober = sad or nervous

Gobo = happy or confident... he'd make a good " wink " actually

Travelling Matt = he could be the regular happy face

Junior Gorg = dumb or embarrassed

Ma Gorg = surprised or scared

I guess I could go on. :wink:

Nick

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Yes, silly Byron!!! But, hey, we got Red :excited: and Gobo :smirk: emoticons, so all is happiness!!!! :excited: :smirk: Make a cute couple, don't they?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kev-

You crack me up. Hmmmm :halo: + :eek: = :rolleyes: Not as good, but it works in a twisted sort of way. :concern:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Froggy!! LOL!!

:frown: + :stick_out_tongue: = __?__

Nevermind, it just got too disturbing. :smile:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
:excited: :smirk: Make a cute couple, don't they?
'fraid not, Manda...it's Mokey and Gobo that make the cute fraggle couple... :wink:

Though someday she and I'll be together.

:big_grin:

:flirt: