Golden Globes - What's the Point?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Took the words out of my mouth. Modern country music just panders to the stereotypical country music demographic. It's the same problem I have with modern mainstream rap and Hip Hop. The subject matter is just so genre specific, and you can tell they're usually written by outside music writers who are far removed from the material, but just play the same stereotypes over and over. I especially HATE fake anthems of Patriotism, and their "If you're not like us, you're not American" political subtexts some of the real crap has.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just for the halibut, I actually took count during the year: there were FOUR different award ceremonies specifically for country music alone throughout the year.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Four! Four! That's ridiculous! Can't they all be merged into one ceremony or something?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not if there's more than one channel that's supposedly dedicated to country (though, ironically, one has kind of shifted to reruns of older reality shows like Nanny 911 and Trading Spouses).

Teheheman

Reaction score
Country music is a very smug, self-congratulatory genre, so it's no surprise that they'd leap at the chance to reward each other whenever they can get it.
Really? I don't think so. There's only 2 Country Award shows(Well, 3 if you include the ACAs, which I don't because that's pretty much the Teen Choice Awards for Country Music). I don't think that Country has ANYTHING on fricken Rap music because there aren't any Country songs about how awesome they are. You won't hear Alan Jackson sing about how awesome he is and how much money he has or how big his house is.
As for the Golden Globes, they SAY that's the precursor for the Oscars, you can tell who might win the Oscars by who wins the Golden Globes.

Daniel

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I actually might watch some of the Golden Globes this year, because Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are the co-hosts and they are really funny. Hopefully they use some of the writers from their respective shows to give them lines instead of the usual award show corny stuff.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Really? I don't think so. There's only 2 Country Award shows(Well, 3 if you include the ACAs, which I don't because that's pretty much the Teen Choice Awards for Country Music).
CMT (Country Music Television) also has an awards show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CMT has one, gmc has one, I THINK AMC has one, and regular network TV usually has one.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Oh that's right. CMT has one. I don't know about GAC, but I know that ABC has the CMAs and ACMs are on CBS, and FOX has the ACAs.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
:sigh:

Seriously? We need yet ANOTHER awards show? Why? We already have the Daytime Emmys, Primetime Emmys, Oscars, Grammys, American Music Awards, countless country music awards, People's Choice Awards, Teen's Choice Awards, Golden Globes...

NOW we need this so-called "National Board of Review Awards"? Really?