1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

GONZO the...um...

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Fozzie Bear, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Everybody's so kind; thanks for the compliments, gang!

I worked on a really great article I gave Scott (scarecroe) for Back Stage Left, but I suppose he's still adding to it, it's not up there yet. It was one of my favorite articles ever, too. It's about Mahna-Mahna.
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Your Welcome! ;)
  3. Fozzie Bear

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I beg your pardon! That is no way to speak to me, I mean I'll have you in court for that insult, I'll...oh...hang on...
  5. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Man o man, one run in and you're already threatening to see poor ol Kevin in court!! Remind me not to run into you on the street Beau!

ryan
  6. Beauregard

Remember not to run into me in the street, budy!

But seriously...

A large part of my soul wishes they had never made MFS.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Oh-ho! Well!!

If it's court you want...
    (Hops in car, speeds down a road)
    BUMP!

(Learned this from my buddy Gonzo..."make it worth it!")
  8. Beauregard

*lifting self off the road onto elbow and looking into camera*

Life's like that, huh?
  9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

Back to the ol Muppets From Space thing a ma bob.......I think it would have been nice to keep Gonzo's background a mystery for everybody. I wasn't wondering what Gonzo was when I was watching the movies and shows before Muppest From Space came around.

ryan
  10. Beauregard

Agreed. And in fact, sometimes I like to pretend that the somewhat embarasing movie had never been made. I mean, in all honesty, it didn't seen like a muppet movie, and it showed secrets that should have been secret. Now, if Dave were to say "Yes, I agree he is an alien. I loved that idea." or Jerry Juhl says similar, then I will be happy with it. Until then, it remains a nasty gnat in my mind.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Keep in mind, Dave performed in that movie with Gonzo as the lead...and Jerry's hand was in there some.

I'm okay with him being discovered to be an alien. Nothing wrong with that, but they never said what KIND of alien so...he's still a "whatever."
  12. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

There are more than one kinds of aliens?
    (And I don't mean outer space/immigrants)
  13. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

Well, I dunno what about you, I simply christened him "a gonzoid" - YaY! :)
  14. Fozzie Bear

Sure! They come from different star systems and such. Say, didn't you ever see Star Wars?

Just like there are different kinds of animals, there's different kinds of aliens. ET, ALF, Mac, Spaced Invaders, Me, and ... others...
  15. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

LOL!
  16. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Homg, I LOVE Alf. That guy rocks. I saw Alf season 1 at FutureShop yesterday. :D

Please excuse this interruption, you may now return to your regularily scheduled thread.
  17. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

No, ALF is family. He had the same agent Jim Henson had, Bernie Brillstein, although Jim kinda resented Bernie representing another puppeteer.
  18. Fozzie Bear

That was true. There was a lawsuit, wasn't there, between Henson and ALF's folks?

I saw Season 2 of ALF at the store the other day, and I have S1 already. Need S2 bad!!
  19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wait, what's this? :/ I'm behind the times.
  20. Fozzie Bear

Go to the store that sells videos near ya and they'll have it!