Gorch But Not Forgotten (a comic strip)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
As long as you like something about it, the art, coloring, the way I draw boxes, whatever--then I'm happy!
For the record, I now have to go back to scrutinize and admire all the boxes. :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry I haven't commented sooner. I have been paying attention and enjoying these very much. Funny stuff, nifty style... But what I probably admire most is just the fact that it's Gorch. I've never actually seen the sketches, and as you've said, Gorch is a rather small, obscure niche that not a lot of folks are rushing to do anything with, so kudos to you for doing something! I'm suddenly a lot more interested in Gorch. :wink:

This is great stuff. Keep it coming!

vaati64

Reaction score
oh my god! that is hilarious! I too am a big land of gorch fan, so reading these cracks me up! great job and keep em coming!:smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm one of those that understands nearly nothing of what the comic talks about, but I like the art :smile:!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
For the record, I now have to go back to scrutinize and admire all the boxes. :stick_out_tongue:

Sorry I haven't commented sooner. I have been paying attention and enjoying these very much. Funny stuff, nifty style... But what I probably admire most is just the fact that it's Gorch. I've never actually seen the sketches, and as you've said, Gorch is a rather small, obscure niche that not a lot of folks are rushing to do anything with, so kudos to you for doing something! I'm suddenly a lot more interested in Gorch. :wink:

This is great stuff. Keep it coming!
That's very nice of you! Thank you for being an avid viewer of my comic!

Yeah, I don't know exactly what is was--the fact that the Gorch characters were so forgotten and underused, or that they're designs were so unique and different from anything else the Henson's had created--but the characters really appealed to me and the ideas for the comic just kept on flowing. I'm still learning the nuances of the characters as I go along, so I'm happy to learn along with you guys reading my comic!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
ROFL! I want the Star Wars stuff done with puppets! :big_grin:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! ! ! Sandy Duncan's glass eye! That is comic GENIUS! And Beautiful Day Monster cameos with his catchphrase from the Paul Williams episode! My GOSH I LOVE your artwork! Vazh looks gorgeous and I can't get over how awesome Beautiful Day looks! AMAZING work!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
HAHAHAHA! ! ! Sandy Duncan's glass eye! That is comic GENIUS! And Beautiful Day Monster cameos with his catchphrase from the Paul Williams episode! My GOSH I LOVE your artwork! Vazh looks gorgeous and I can't get over how awesome Beautiful Day looks! AMAZING work!
That means a lot, especially considering how much difficulty I had in drawing Beautiful Day Monster and Vazh! With BD, it was getting that square head, wide nose and lumpy Beaker mouth just right, which I'm not entirely sure I accomplished, but I got it as close as I could. With Vazh, I had trouble with her fishnet dress (couldn't have it TOO revealing, after all) and I had to roll the dice as to which color to make her: The light grey she was on SNL or the salmon pink she was in the group Gorch Photo in Jim Henson: The Works. Anyhow, I appreciate your kind words!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Even though this strip is slow to find it's audience here on Muppet Central (though I much appreciate the few of you who posted replies), my inspiration could not be tamed, and I've created yet another strip for my series. Hope you get a chance to check it out.

http://fourpanelhero.deviantart.com/art/GORCH-BUT-NOT-FORGOTTEN-3-99128319
That's so funny about how you used Ernie. Maybe you can make one using Lenny the Lizard, and Afghan Hound....if it's not too much trouble.