Gorch But Not Forgotten (a comic strip)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HA! HAHAHAHAHA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA! OH my GOSH! I don't HAVE no other pants! PERFECT! That is SO awesome! And SO gorgeous! Your art blows me away every time! Janice looks so good! Zoot looks SO good! Scred looks SOOOO good! I can't get over it! You sir, are AMAZING with this stuff! I can't wait to see more!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
HA! HAHAHAHAHA! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHA! OH my GOSH! I don't HAVE no other pants! PERFECT! That is SO awesome! And SO gorgeous! Your art blows me away every time! Janice looks so good! Zoot looks SO good! Scred looks SOOOO good! I can't get over it! You sir, are AMAZING with this stuff! I can't wait to see more!
That's very kind of you, and I really appreciate it!

I'm going to try and get these comics out whenever I get a spare few hours to knock one out, so keep checking back!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I love how you did the word balloons in that last panel. Your lettering is also really nice and the expressions are perfect!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I love how you did the word balloons in that last panel. Your lettering is also really nice and the expressions are perfect!
Thank you, especially about the lettering. I take pride in hand lettering my comics, especially since so many pros these days use dowloaded fonts because it's polished and just easier. I don't begrudge them doing it, but I really like drawing everything by hand. So thanks for noticing!

Redsonga

Reaction score
My question is what did he do to his pants :confused:? That looks like the worlds' worst case of rug burn...

lowercasegods

Reaction score
My question is what did he do to his pants :confused:? That looks like the worlds' worst case of rug burn...
I'm guessing Zoot got bombed and forgot he had legs below the knees, and by the time he figured it out, his pants had knee-length escape hatches!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Thank you, especially about the lettering. I take pride in hand lettering my comics, especially since so many pros these days use dowloaded fonts because it's polished and just easier. I don't begrudge them doing it, but I really like drawing everything by hand. So thanks for noticing!
I love and admire hand lettering. And when I see good hand lettering, I take notice. I don't use downloaded fonts for my comics either, or at least with nothing I've done so far. While my own words are at least legible, I know they have so much room for improvement. Do you have any tips for good hand lettering?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I love and admire hand lettering. And when I see good hand lettering, I take notice. I don't use downloaded fonts for my comics either, or at least with nothing I've done so far. While my own words are at least legible, I know they have so much room for improvement. Do you have any tips for good hand lettering?
The best advice I can give is to live and die by the t-square. I use my t-square to rule out all my lettering, just to make sure it's all on the same level line. Otherwise, your lettering might slant a little. I know, that's probably common knowledge, but that's my only trick. That, and don't draw your letters too close together. That can obscure your words depending on how small your comics would get shrunk down for a publication.