Goths, Punks, Freaks, and Muppets - Is it all Very Wrong?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>yeah, I think we're all one weird group, muppets are weird. but yeah Matt, i agree this shouldn't go on much longer, it's already been a long debate<<<

why? Its interesting, and its one of the few serious threads that didnt get all muffin'd up.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
GOD ******!!! This post should be a dead issue!

NO MORE POSTING ABOUT THIS SUBJECT!

This post should be at the bottom of the lake by now, but yet, its still here! NO MORE!

Just stop, everyone. No more debating on this subject!!

-Matt
Sorry but NO WAY! *You* brought it up, now *you* have to reap the returns, and NO, *you* can't just tell us all to stop talking about it because *you* are embarrassed now. Geesh!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
you really need to stop whining.you started this topic and should be able to deal with what's written.you should have thought about fi you were able to handle the replies and I believe people can post if they want you cant close this topic so STOP YOUR WHINING and be able to deal with what people say.
I was too harsh in this message, and I apologize to Kansasteen if she read it and was offended.

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Ya know what, Fine, everyone fine. Go ahead, continue this stupid debate. I don't care. In fact, why doesn't everyone just jump on me for starting it. Yes, I did start it, and when I try to bring closure to it, people critisize it. I am done with this thread, and if you'd like to further keep this little festival of opinions up, be my guest.

-Matt

Lu775

Reaction score
Hey everyone....

Calm blue ocean. Calm blue ocean.

Better? Every one feeling a little more chilled out?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Wow...Lu, that really works. Lu: The MCForum guru of thought theropy. :smile:

-Matt

ClubCreatures

Reaction score
Hey :smile:

Wow.

Crazy ACTIVE community here!

Um, yeah. Karma. You start it. It comes full circle. You cope. :smile: Happens to the best of us.

Thanks for the feedback! (Love DEVO)

Hmm.. There really isn't a "clubkid" scene anymore. It died in '96. There are still some creative people out there in the club scene though.

Funny you mention "Party Monster" our costumes are being featured in the feature film version. With Macaulay Culkin, Seth Green, Chloe Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, Dylan McDermott, Lucy Lui, Wilson Cruz, John Stamos, Diana Scarwid, Daniel Franzese and Marilyn Manson. We were also extras on set for a couple of days. Fun experience.

I've been lurking on the boards for a while. Have been coming back more often to check on Action Figure news. SO LOVED Series 1. Can't wait to get the whole Electric Mayhem. esp. Janis.

XXXOOO
Satori

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Um...I need a hug!:stick_out_tongue:

It's a healthy debate. I really think it's been blown out of proportion (including myself in the equation).

Sometimes whimsical opinions appear to be absolutes when they are intended to be humorous. All this talk makes me want to dye my hair black and rummage through the closet for my old clothes. Watch out!

beaker

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! (Love DEVO)<<<

Oh yeah, Im big on the nerd pop ala devo, kraftwerk, s.p.o.c.k.

Hmm.. There really isn't a "clubkid" scene anymore. It died in '96. There are still some creative people out there in the club scene though<<<

Yeah there were a number of various NYC club scenes I thought were interesting. Some of it got negative attention like on day time talk shows and documentaries. I think some may have seen club kids as some weird mix of drug culture and Brooklyn drag queen vogue ball thing. East coast scenes though have always been fascinating, its where hip hop and the American rave culture and new wave got started.(well detroit was also the US rave birthplace) I miss seeing that really creative 'out there' club fashion...now its all big pants and goofy gloves. Hey, do you remember reading Mondo 2000? Thats where I first saw creative cyber culture outfits.

>>>Funny you mention "Party Monster" our costumes are being featured in the feature film version. With Macaulay Culkin, Seth Green, Chloe Sevigny, Natasha Lyonne, Dylan McDermott, Lucy Lui, Wilson Cruz, John Stamos, Diana Scarwid, Daniel Franzese and Marilyn Manson. We were also extras on set for a couple of days. Fun experience. <<<

I saw a peice with Marilyn Manson and the return of Culkin on that movie. So you were extras on the set and had some of your creations featured? Dang thats cool!

I've been lurking on the boards for a while. Have been coming back more often to check on Action Figure news. SO LOVED Series 2. Can't wait to get the whole Electric Mayhem. esp. Janis.<<<

Well welcome aboard! Yeah, the action figure news is really taking off. The Muppets are taking over! hehe
(just wait til next year) ^_^

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Sometimes whimsical opinions appear to be absolutes when they are intended to be humorous. All this talk makes me want to dye my hair black and rummage through the closet for my old clothes. Watch out!<<<

Yeah, now I wanna put on my custom cyberpunk jacket with a gillion pins on it and get my mohawk haircut again:wink:
Oh Jamie, just for the record if it helps...the Beaker MC button you designed has been prominently featured on my jacket since December!