Guest Stars on Sesame Street list

Rosewood

Reaction score
Heres an interesting trivial fact.......

Erine81981 said:
Its an episode where everyone miss Snuffy when he walks through the street and nobody sees him at all when really u could tell that they would of saw him but since no one looks then they don't see him. So Big Bird leaves for the libraey and Snuffy goes around sesame street and counts everyone that doesn't see him and he come across Hooper at the stand looking for his glasses but Snuffy doesn't bump or touch Snuffy at all he just sees Hooper in the store at the window and he says, "Hooper makes (whatever # he says) that hasn't seen me." and Hooper says, " I can't find my glasses." but there right there on the window seal. Now do u get it?
People have been debating forever as to weather Snuffy came across to the viewers as being "real" or not before everyone finally met him. Well, in that particular episode, at first it seems as though it could go either way; that is untill he actually "bumps" into Luis. But the reason Luis doesn't see Snuffy is due to the fact that Luis is carrying an armload of boxes that are blocking his view. Luis even says "Oh! Excuse me! I'm sorry." or something of that nature.
I do think it was very well written and planned to make it so that each person (or monster) that Snuffy passed would just happen to be in the perfect position or situation that would cause them to "just miss" him like that.:stick_out_tongue:

Rosewood

Reaction score
My guess would be they were simply making guest appearances

mikebennidict said:
who was the name of this guy? he came on saying hi why don't you try theese movements with me? this jazz sounding music and 1st me moved his head around, them his shoulders, and other parts of his body and eventually began to dance moving every part of his body. also besides Bill Cosby there where a few others from The Electric Comoany to made guest appearances on SS Judy Grambart who was Winnie on TEC and was Jenifer of the Jungle, Gene Wilder who did the voice of Letterman, June Amgela who was Julie 1 of the short circuse members made an appearance on SS when she was older and i've communicated with her in the past and all she recall is she played a nurse but doesn't rememeber was the episode was. anyone by any chance know what any of them were doing on SS?
I'm guessing they were simply making guest appearances like everyone else. Or are you refering to what kind of character or role they were playing? I do think it's very interesting that Gene Wilder was actually the person doing the voice of Letterman! Who ever would have guessed? (Obviously not me!)

Censored

Reaction score
Rosewood said:
People have been debating forever as to weather Snuffy came across to the viewers as being "real" or not before everyone finally met him. Well, in that particular episode, at first it seems as though it could go either way; that is untill he actually "bumps" into Luis. But the reason Luis doesn't see Snuffy is due to the fact that Luis is carrying an armload of boxes that are blocking his view. Luis even says "Oh! Excuse me! I'm sorry." or something of that nature.
I do think it was very well written and planned to make it so that each person (or monster) that Snuffy passed would just happen to be in the perfect position or situation that would cause them to "just miss" him like that.:stick_out_tongue:
Interesting. As a child, it never once crossed my mind that Snuffy might not be real nor that it was supposed to be ambiguous. For one thing, the human kids saw Snuffy as well as Big Bird. Also, the effects of Snuffy's appearances and actions were visible to the human adults. He would blow leaves off of a sidewalk and everyone would see that the leaves were gone, he would bring objects that the humans would see, and David sneezed when he was around because he was allergic to fur. In one episode, his voice was heard by David through a door and in the 70's, Bob once even got a glimpse of Snuffy wearing a black and white striped shirt, but the confusion of the different colors allowed his existence to remain a mystery. So no, I don't think it was ever supposed to be questionable to the audience that Snuffy was real; they just had to keep thinking of improbable ways that the adults would just miss him.

zanimum

Reaction score
Who was indeed on Sesame Street?

Recently, a bunch of additions have been made to Wikipedia's list guest stars on Sesame Street.

I'm not terribly confident about the legitimacy of most of them, so I'll let this forum thread tear away at the list. Tell me who certainly wasn't on SS, who certainly was, and who might have, but you're not sure of.

Thanks, Nick Moreau

• Tim Allen
  • Bill Bailey
  • Roberto Benigni
  • Yul Brenner
  • Levar Burton
  • Cate Blanchett
  • Don Brown
  • Gary Burghoff
  • Corbin Bernsen
  • Will Ferrell
  • Michael J. Fox