Guest Stars on Sesame Street list

Ziffel

Reaction score
Don't recall Margaret Hamilton on Sesame Street. And although I heavily watched Mr. Rogers around 1974 and 1975, I don't recall her appearance on his show either. But that's really cool she did that. I'd enjoy seeing that particular episode. A few years ago I was taping some episodes of Mr. Rogers and checking the date at the end of the closing credits, hoping they would show some from the mid 70's again. But the earliest I saw was about 1981. And when they got up to 2000, they started back with the 80's again.
And it's also great that the Lord helped her get through the burning accident while filming the Wizard of Oz and live many years later.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Oprea Singer Singing The Alphabet.

this was a 90s skit. don't know his name but he sings the alphabet song and unlike were 1 would sing or say the letters and appear usually on the above left or right of your TV screeen, when he began singing, the letters came out of his mouth. kind of reminds me of The Electric Company where 1 would make a sound of a letter. d, and the other ark, and of course they'd come together spelling dark.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Arther Ash.

I'm pretty sure this was him. He hits the tennis ball against a green wall and 1 segment counts to 20 and in another says the aplhabet.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
who was the name of this guy? he came on saying hi why don't you try theese movements with me? this jazz sounding music and 1st me moved his head around, them his shoulders, and other parts of his body and eventually began to dance moving every part of his body. also besides Bill Cosby there where a few others from The Electric Comoany to made guest appearances on SS Judy Grambart who was Winnie on TEC and was Jenifer of the Jungle, Gene Wilder who did the voice of Letterman, June Amgela who was Julie 1 of the short circuse members made an appearance on SS when she was older and i've communicated with her in the past and all she recall is she played a nurse but doesn't rememeber was the episode was. anyone by any chance know what any of them were doing on SS?
I like the celebrity guest stars on SS but I need help with one classic Electric Company episode that I'm not sure if I saw or not. If it was real Grover was there and he was lost and he went into this store and read this list of streets that started with the letter S in the hopes of finding his way home to Sesame Street. I seem to remember J. Arthur Crank thinking that Big Bird was an eagle at one point too. :confused: :eek:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Rosey Grier.

he was a former football player for I'm not sure witch team other then it was for 1 of the NFL teams in the west back in the 50s I think. He later went into acting and last I heard he was a minister but in the 70s he made an appearance in a couple of segments, 1 he and this kid try to use these 2 phone booths, 1st part Grier drops his dime and the kids sees he's having trouble and goes and pick it up. then he drops his dime, ends up under the the hone booth in was in. so Grier lifts it up and the kid retrieves his dime. another 1 Grier was singing this song about growing that went like I used to be 1 of the little kids. but i'm one of the big kids now.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that phone booth segment with him and the little kid. I remember him walking into the booth where the kid was and saying, "Oh, excuse me" and then going to the next booth. Didn't know it was Rosey Grier, though. Rosey's football career was before my time and I never really saw him too much. My best memory of what he looks like was when he guest starred on an episode of "The Brady Bunch" (remember when the kids were making fun of Peter for joining the glee club until Rosey paid a visit and they learned that he likes to sing too :smile: ). And I can't recall the second Grier one you mentioned but may have seen it.

BEAR

Reaction score
I think I asked this somewhere before but got no reply. Did John Denver ever do anything on Sesame Street? I know that he has appeared with the Muppets several times in specials and things, and he was also a very good friend of Jim's. I would be surprised if he didn't appear at all on Sesame Street.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Lou Rawls.

As some here probably know he died today and while many of us who watched the SS reruns saw his appearance from the 1st season who else here remembers it and his song about the story of the ABC's?