Happy Singles Thread!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Yep, I ain't had a serious one either...had a "pseudo" one though, lol.

My bad experience wif any girl I'm interested in is that she's taken/engaged/married---every dang time!

Just another reason I'm glad I ain't lookin' now---I'm a "SAP"!! :big_grin:

:cool:
How about gay? :stick_out_tongue: Although I didn't find that out about that particular person until a couple years after he made it clear he wanted nothing more to do with me. And we were such good friends in high school too... The thing is I already knew at that point he wasn't *interesteed* in me because he's the only guy I liked who I actually told, and he said he wasn't interested but remained my friend til a couple months after graduation when he stopped speaking to me and blocked all my e-mails and IMs. I hate the thought that there's somebody out there who's mad enough at me to do that, and I don't even really know why... :frown:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Okay, how about this totally random guy walked up to me while I was working in the mall and gave me his phone number? :eek: I was like, "No, thanks, that's all right," but he wasn't leaving so I told him to go ahead and write it down and figured then he'd leave. Though I still said I wouldn't be calling. So he left, then came right back and asked if he could have my number!! :eek: Erm... no. What's some total stranger want with my number anyway? It was a bit unnerving...
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm single, and seeing all the bad stuff in my school, I'm happily single! I don't live in a big town, and the town next to ours (which isn't much bigger than ours) has had all sorts of bad things happen. Ours too...I just don't understand, but it doesn't help that the one boy I even 'went out with' and almost had a sort of relationship with was a BIG Democrat (no offense to all you Dems out there) but when we would fight about rather to drill in Alaska, it just got too weird....all of a sudden people would hear me yell in class

"WHAT DO YOU THINK MCKINLEY BOUGHT ALASKA FOR 3.7 CENTS AN ACRE FOR?!?!?! HE KNEW THERE WAS OIL!"

yeah...it just didn't work...and then even when I agreed with something he said (as of the recent gobernatorial elections) he would still argue...we're still great friends, just friends, though.

jediX

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I'm single, and seeing all the bad stuff in my school, I'm happily single! I don't live in a big town, and the town next to ours (which isn't much bigger than ours) has had all sorts of bad things happen. Ours too...I just don't understand, but it doesn't help that the one boy I even 'went out with' and almost had a sort of relationship with was a BIG Democrat (no offense to all you Dems out there) but when we would fight about rather to drill in Alaska, it just got too weird....all of a sudden people would hear me yell in class

"WHAT DO YOU THINK MCKINLEY BOUGHT ALASKA FOR 3.7 CENTS AN ACRE FOR?!?!?! HE KNEW THERE WAS OIL!"

yeah...it just didn't work...and then even when I agreed with something he said (as of the recent gobernatorial elections) he would still argue...we're still great friends, just friends, though.
That's why I avoid political discussions as much as possible. I usually seem to be the only conservative person no matter where I go, so I'm used to people disagreeing with me. Political or religious discussions turn friends to enemies like THAT. Ok... back to exile since I'm not one of you SAPs :wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I think that's the first time I've ever seen Byron use Sam....oooh

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Boober_Baby said:
Although it seems the only type of male that's attracted to me is the Idioticus Jerkus. ;_;
^_^ Debo
INDEED. I know your problem, all too well. Whenever a guy IS interested in me, it usually ends up being one of those really clingy guys. The kind that WON'T LEAVE YOU ALONE, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, and frankly, it creeps me out when a guy's like that.
I also seem to attract the guys who, one minute they like you, and the next minute they don't, and it all seems to depend on their mood and what OTHER kinds of girls are around. :mad: GRRRR....

In the end, though, all this junk is what makes me HAPPY I'm single. My life is complicated ENOUGH, w/o all these "relationship" issues, a fact one of my friends just realized last night, after a/b her 5th unhappy breakup.

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Boober_Baby said:
Oho, I've had my share of ex's in the past. I started going out with my first boyfriend when I was 14... he was a jerk. Then the one after him, jerk, and the one after that one... jerk. And guess what? The last boyfriend I had was a... that's right, you guessed it! A jerk! And that was when I was 18, so I've been happily single for 2 years! And to be perfectly honest, after the string of boyfriends I've had (you people honestly have no idea what they put me through) I don't want another relationship until I'm AT LEAST 30!

^_^ Debo
There's a whole bunch of us guys down here in the States who are nice! :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
I'm single. I've never been out with a guy. I'm kinda scared of them. Well, I would be, seeing my dad. I just am not interested in dating or that stuff. All my friends think I'm such a sweet innocent, I guess they are partly right since I never notice who's dating who or who's gay unless it's pointed out to me. Luckily one of my friends is very good at pointing stuff out to me without noticing I didn't know that in the first place. But she calls me "baby girl" affectionately anyway. All the women in my family marry jerks- my mother, her 2 cousins, one of the cousins' daughters, and both of my grandmothers. Well, I never met my mom's dad so I can't say how bad he was and my dad's mom is a jerk herself. The men in my family have better luck in marrying. But I think bad luck with guys is hereditary and I want to avoid that.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I'm single. I've never been out with a guy. I'm kinda scared of them. Well, I would be, seeing my dad. I just am not interested in dating or that stuff. All my friends think I'm such a sweet innocent, I guess they are partly right since I never notice who's dating who or who's gay unless it's pointed out to me. Luckily one of my friends is very good at pointing stuff out to me without noticing I didn't know that in the first place. But she calls me "baby girl" affectionately anyway. All the women in my family marry jerks- my mother, her 2 cousins, one of the cousins' daughters, and both of my grandmothers. Well, I never met my mom's dad so I can't say how bad he was and my dad's mom is a jerk herself. The men in my family have better luck in marrying. But I think bad luck with guys is hereditary and I want to avoid that.
My Mum made the same kind of mistake and maried the wrong person, his dad is the same way as him aswell as his mum, his mum is worse than a jerk though. I just hope its not caried through the family to me!