Has anyone ever lost a pet?

Iluvgus

Reaction score
im sorry Zack for your loss. I lost my beloved cat Jello this year at age 17 to a stroak. i miss her terribly

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm sorry about Jello. :frown: Losing a pet is very hard, and when they've been a part of your life for so many years it's really hard to adjust.
Erin

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Iluvgus, Thank you for that, My brother and I have been doing well, but we still miss Barney and think about him a lot. I'm sorry about your cat as well.

Oh and speakingabout goldfish, like back in 1993 My older cousin won two small goldfish at a very small church christmas carnaval held in the gum of the school that year....My Ant and uncle had those fish untill like 1999! or atleast around that time. they were HUGE! it's funy cause they bought two more fish at a pet store a week or so after my cousin won ther first two and the four fish lived a very long time in a very big smelly green fish tank.... :grouchy: the fishes names were...Ren and Stimpy...&....Ren and Stimpy... :stick_out_tongue: I allways mixed up which Stimpy was which, not to mention the Ren's!sheesh, I think the younger cousins named them.

Zach,

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
We had a fish that our neighbor won at a carnival and gave us when she moved. He lived to be six year old or so. :smile:
Erin

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
my first goldfish jaws (he was the teenyist fantale in the shop) lived to be about 1. he got sick when i added a black moor (bob) to his bowl. i was soo sad, i buried him in the back yard. i never had another fish like him. he used to swim to the top of his bowl when i came past and touch my finger with his little fish lips...bob was lovely too, but i never fully forgave him for making jaws sick. but now i know, you should never introduce a new fish to a tank unless your sure hes healthy. now that ive said that, i think that bob actually died the same way, i introduced 'kermit' and bob didnt live long after that. kermit only died about 9 months ago, he wasnt real friendly though, he would sit at the bottom of his bowl and didnt seem to like me. when he passed, i decided to turn my fishbowl into a vase..my poor squishys.

:cry:

Crazy31088

Reaction score
When I was ten years old, our cat, Boots, was put to sleep. I had known him my entire life (he died at the age of 22!), and I was unbelievably sad and depressed for a couple of days. However, he was really miserable. He was blind, cried all night, and only weighed about 5 pounds. He just wasn't happy. It was a very hard decision, but looking back, it was the best we could have done for him

Also, our cat, Neco died when I was three. She had leukemia, and was 15 at the time. She was put to sleep, but my parents didn't tell my sister or I until after it had already been done. I still resent that.

Thinking about our two old cats has already started getting tears in my eyes....excuse me for a moment....

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow, 22! That's quite a ripe old age! We ended up taking in my aunt's cat for a while in his old age, and he died when he was 18. That's really sad that your parents didn't tell you beforehand. I guess they were maybe trying to protect you, being so young, but I would at least want the chance to say goodbye. My brother never got to say goodbye to our dog. We didn't put her to sleep, but she only lived two days after we found out how sick she was, and Benjamin was away at college. :frown:
Erin

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
My story is really rather sad so don't read if you are feeling upbeat.

My family has a history of dogs dying of random previously undetected diseases. It happens suddenly and they are usually sick for a long while. We also mainly had mutts so my parents decided that we should get a pure breed so that we would know where he came from and there would be no chance of a random disease out of nowhere.

Howie was a poodle (named for a character in the Celery Stalks at Midnight). We had him for about 5 years (we got him as a puppy). On my birthday, two years ago, he was acting strange. I was off from work but the rest of the family was not. He was all listless and I started freaking out and tried to get him to the vet and they wouldn't see me until 6:30. And the worst part was that the only vet who would see me at all is the vet that I hate because everytime we have ever been there it was to have a dog put down. The vet on the phone kept saying that Howie was just tired but I knew him and this was not like him.

Long story short, we take him the vet and they come out to us and say, "Would you like us to just put him down now? It's too late, you should have brought him earlier in the day." We are like "what the ****?" since all this just started that morning and no one understands what is going on. I still don't really understand it. All I know is that I went to work the next day and my mother (who stayed home with Howie) called me at lunch to tell me they had put him down. So within 24 hours, 24 hours which happened to be my birthday, my young dog died and no one has of yet given me a reason why.

I miss him so much every time I come home and there is no one to bark like a lunatic because he thinks I am a crook..... :cry:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I'm so sorry. It would be murder on my heart if that happened to my Gretchin.