1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Has Frank washed his hands of his muppet show puppets

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Aaron, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

it seems like he's just doing ss
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think his role at Henson is more of a fatherly pop in and out one - any puppeteering would be very rare indeed.

Is he still doing SS ? I know he block recorded something for a previous Sesame show.
  3. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Is he still doing SS ? I know he block recorded something for a previous Sesame show. [/B][/QUOTE] he dose a little bit
  4. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel New Member

Frank has now given Eric Jacobson his blessing to do live appearances as Miss Piggy and Fozzie, but this doesn't mean he has completely relinquished his classic characters. His Muppet appearances are still based on availability. Even if he weren't able to puppeteer, if he were available to loop a voice, he would do so. I think the day is still a long way off when Frank announces his retirement.

As for Sesame Street. As I've said elsewhere, Frank recorded two days for season 34 (mostly Ernie and Bert), and one day for season 33 (Letter of the Day segments). This is quite a lot given Sesame's reduced taping schedule.

secret squirrel
  5. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

What is the reduced taping schedule? How many episodes a year do they do now....
  6. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I hope the reduced episode purchases doesn't see the decline of SS to oblivion!! :(

And the Bear misses Oz.

I know. :o
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hope it doesn't mean the decline of PBS to total oblivion, thanks to government spending!
  9. Secret Squirrel

Sesame is a long way from oblivion. The team are in studio now taping more Elmo's Worlds. and after that, more new Journey To Ernie episodes.

secret squirrel
  10. SuperGrover

SuperGrover Member

Hi, Secret Squirrel!
    Sorry if you have already posted this elsewhere too, I must have missed it if you did... But when you say Frank "recorded" for Sesame Street, is that talking about the taping of episodes where he actually performs the characters, puppeteering them himself? Or does that mean he just records/loops the voices with someone else working the puppets?
  11. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

More EW and JTE! Hooray! :excited: I can't wait until next season already! :excited:
  12. Secret Squirrel

Travis. Frank Oz was on set, puppeteering live. He had a very appreciative audience of cast and crew.

secret squirrel
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

Is it that Sesame Workshop can afford to book him, and Henson can't because they are getting squeezed dry from the EMTV cuts ?
  14. Fozzie Bear

I'll work for them for scale---for a while. :)

Heck, last night, Muley delivered a speech for the Ronald McDonald House of Memphis, won a Volunteer award from them at the Volunteer Banquet, and afterwards someone came up and asked, "Which Muppet show was that on?"

I guess they just couldn't believe a guy could sew his own puppet, huh? I sew, cook, clean--waitaminnit.

I need a live-in girlfriend.

:mad: :flirt: :excited:
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Congratulations to yourself and Muley on the award Kev - you da man !

You do need a live-in girlfriend, but you've gotta admit she's gonna get pretty bored watching you do all that sewing, cooking and cleaning. :p
  16. Fozzie Bear

Hmm...didn't think of that.

Waitaminnit! I meant SHE'D do that for ME.

Probably not, though. I'll just leave things like they are. Over-night guests are less trouble anyhow, and no commitment or responsibility.

Not that it matters. All I do is play with Muppets action figures, draw cartoons, or play with puppets. And, obviously, volunteer a LOT.

I have a full life, just don't know of what yet.
  17. Secret Squirrel

Luke. It is not a money issue. It is an availability and timing one. Frank has more outside professional commitments than any other performer at either Henson or Sesame.

To give a general example: Due to its regular schedule, Sesame has the ability to book Frank months in advance for two definite studio days. Muppet projects either require more than two days (eg VMX) or are much shorter notice than Sesame can give.

secret squirrel
  18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Thanks, Squirrel, we really appreciate that you come here and talk to us fans, though we do not know who you are. It is really helpfull and we love it.

:zany: Beauregard:zany:
  19. Luke

Luke Active Member

Thanks for the info & example Squirrel - that explains it perfectly !

;)
  20. Fozzie Bear

Secret Squirrel is my hero. And I don't know why. I ditto the thanks for your input around here.

Speaking of such input, and getting off topic (which we're famous for doing), what was the final news on Jerry Nelson? Is he better? I hope so.

All the JHC folks are important to all us MC folks!!! We might pick on 'em from time to time, but it's because we love them. :flirt: